Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree78Likes

Tekno RC SCT410 2.0

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2023, 09:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Does the sct 2.0 share the same diff case with the nb and eb 48 2.0 buggy as I don't want carry two different diff case
Old 10-23-2023, 02:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

To me it is a big let down on the motor mount. If Tekno is going to continue this pre set motor mount crap then Ill start looking else where. I have all 4 SCT's that Tekno made and love the 1st 3, This one remains to be seen as I just built mine. I do like the way the tolerances were designed in to it so there is no biding.
aaron2u likes this.
Old 10-23-2023, 09:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MadMick
Does the sct 2.0 share the same diff case with the nb and eb 48 2.0 buggy as I don't want carry two different diff case
No, the SCT2.0 uses the same size diffs as the SCT410.3 and the rest of the .2, .3, and .4 vehicles.
Steve B in Vega likes this.
Old 10-23-2023, 10:17 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Matthew_Armeni
The biggest negatives to the one piece motor mount are complete motor access, pinion gear options, and gearing changes. Removing the motor isn't hard to do, it's just more involved. Space constraints force a limited number of pinion gear options on the mount. We wanted to limit the amount of mounts to two, so we have a low range (12-16) and a high range (16-20). Changing the gearing by changing the pinion is again, not hard to do, it's just more involved.

The positives to the one piece design are several. It's cheaper to manufacture, which allows us to price the kit lower. It prevents customers who are less experienced from setting the gear mesh too loose and possibly stripping out spur gears. On the flip side it also prevents customers from setting the mesh too tight and having the motor/esc run hot. It easily allows for a sealed driveline, which customers have been requesting for some time now. It's 2 less screws to have loosen during a run, so it's actually more secure than our adjustable mount.

To remove the motor or change to a different tooth count pinion I like to take off the center diff top plate and the pinion gear access cover. Then I remove the center diff. Then I remove the motor mount from the chassis along with the center brace. If you're simply changing the pinion to one with the same tooth count you can just remove the access cover.
Like anything else, it's a compromise, and I think you guys made the right decision. I'm sure some aftermarket shop may come up with a different mount down the road for those who desire such an option. I'm looking forward to getting my hands on one of these.
s.
rustyus likes this.
Old 10-23-2023, 11:26 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Steve B in Vega
Like anything else, it's a compromise, and I think you guys made the right decision. I'm sure some aftermarket shop may come up with a different mount down the road for those who desire such an option. I'm looking forward to getting my hands on one of these.
s.
I thought I'd miss the two piece motor mount not being included on the SCT410SL. I went ahead and bought the motor mount insert anyway (I already had spare bases). You know what, the one piece mount is a non-issue. I did one pinion change at the beginning of the year and haven't touched the motor mount since then.

I have been enjoying the SCT410SL so much, I was about to order another one, and then the 2.0 pics/parts started showing up on the web... I'm torn. I'm gonna get the SCT410 2.0 eventually, but life; pets, and kids come first with their needs. If my SCT410.3 finds a new home, the 2.0 will be here sooner than expected. For now, I'm living through everyone else that jumped onboard the Tekno 2.0 train.

Last edited by rustyus; 10-23-2023 at 12:46 PM.
Old 10-23-2023, 11:44 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

The biggest negatives to the one piece motor mount are complete motor access, pinion gear options, and gearing changes. Removing the motor isn't hard to do, it's just more involved. Space constraints force a limited number of pinion gear options on the mount. We wanted to limit the amount of mounts to two, so we have a low range (12-16) and a high range (16-20). Changing the gearing by changing the pinion is again, not hard to do, it's just more involved.

The positives to the one piece design are several. It's cheaper to manufacture, which allows us to price the kit lower. It prevents customers who are less experienced from setting the gear mesh too loose and possibly stripping out spur gears. On the flip side it also prevents customers from setting the mesh too tight and having the motor/esc run hot. It easily allows for a sealed driveline, which customers have been requesting for some time now. It's 2 less screws to have loosen during a run, so it's actually more secure than our adjustable mount.

To remove the motor or change to a different tooth count pinion I like to take off the center diff top plate and the pinion gear access cover. Then I remove the center diff. Then I remove the motor mount from the chassis along with the center brace. If you're simply changing the pinion to one with the same tooth count you can just remove the access cover.

Matthew_Armeni Thanks for this detailed reply. Regardless of whether people like this or not, it is great to hear the trade-offs and considerations straight from the source! Thanks for sharing.
Old 10-23-2023, 12:17 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rustyus
I thought I'd miss the two piece motor mount not being included on the SCT410SL. I went ahead and bought the motor mount insert anyway (I already had spare bases). You know what, the one piece mount is a non-issue. I did one pinion change at the beginning of the year and haven't touched the motor mount since then. I have been enjoying the SCT410SL so much, I was about to order another one, and then the 2.0 pics/parts started showing up on the web... I'm torn. I'm gonna get the SCT410 2.0 eventually, but life; pets, and kids come first with their needs. If my SCT410.3 finds a new home, the 2.0 will be here sooner than expected. For now, I'm living through everyone else that jumped onboard the Tekno 2.0 train.
Much like you, once I found the motor / pinion setup that worked best for my needs, I rarely messed with it afterwards. I'm also super stoked that the diff's are the same. I'm sure like many here, I have a good number of diffs that I change out based on track conditions and if I'm swapping them out and don't have time to service them before the next outting, so this is good news to my ears. But the best part is the enclosed spur gear. In our loose rocky conditions, this is an absolute must. Now I can retire my Lasernut and get this thing setup to run in it's place. If I can only stop funding my vet's BMW payments first. !
Old 10-23-2023, 03:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 81 (99%+)
Smile .3

My boy is 10 and has 2 plus yrs with the .3 and many wins.... he isn't sure about the abcd blocks and wants to know y there not there ?

He didn't change much so I see tekno is trying to make more money because it is there best seller but parts wise I don't know many guys that had to buy parts it never broke ...
I under stand tekno i do
It looks the same and I seen jared drive it the 3 laps it looks dailed
My boy can't wait to get his ... hopefully Brent oders some so we can build it up
Attached Thumbnails Tekno RC SCT410 2.0-screenshot_20231023_145506_gallery.jpg   Tekno RC SCT410 2.0-screenshot_20231023_145638_gallery.jpg  
Old 10-23-2023, 03:41 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Goof
My boy is 10 and has 2 plus yrs with the .3 and many wins.... he isn't sure about the abcd blocks and wants to know y there not there ?

He didn't change much so I see tekno is trying to make more money because it is there best seller but parts wise I don't know many guys that had to buy parts it never broke ...
I under stand tekno i do
It looks the same and I seen jared drive it the 3 laps it looks dailed
My boy can't wait to get his ... hopefully Brent oders some so we can build it up
We didn't include the aluminum blocks because it would have made the kit too expensive. We didn't do molded blocks with adjustable inserts (like the SCT410.3) because they wouldn't have been durable enough. We tested with the aluminum blocks until we arrived at a setup that worked on multiple tracks with multiple drivers. Once we had that setup, we used those settings to make the hybrid blocks that are included in the kit. There's a steel plate molded into the plastic block to increase its durability. True, the blocks aren't adjustable, but if the setup is good 90% of customers won't change them out for performance benefits.
The truck Jared Wiggins drove at Shaw's Truck Nationals was a stock, out of the box truck. He may have move the rear camber link down 1 hole, and possibly went to a slightly stiffer rear swaybar. Other than that, it didn't have any options on it.
Old 10-23-2023, 08:41 PM
Tech Adept

What is the length of the inner hinge pin TKR9020?
Old 10-24-2023, 11:53 AM
Tech Adept

No, the SCT2.0 uses the same size diffs as the SCT410.3 and the rest of the .2, .3, and .4 vehicles.
Good morning Matthew
Why don't you use the diff of the EB2.1?
Did the shock tower of the EB2.1 or ET2.0 mount on the bulkhead of the SCT2.0?
How many parts are compatible betwen thé SCT410.3 and SCT2.0?
Best regards
Old 10-25-2023, 09:59 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by XzedamX
Good morning Matthew
Why don't you use the diff of the EB2.1?
Did the shock tower of the EB2.1 or ET2.0 mount on the bulkhead of the SCT2.0?
How many parts are compatible between the SCT410.3 and SCT2.0?
Best regards
While this vehicle is based on an 8th scale platform, we wanted to branch off from it being a full blown 8th scale. The previous gen diffs (which is what we're using on the SCT410 2.0) are larger than any other 10th scale platform, but are on the smaller size for most 8th scales. This allowed us to lower the diff on the chassis more than we could with our current 8th scale diffs, but be more durable than our current 10th scale diffs.

The bulkheads on the SC 2.0 will fit any tower that fits on the 2.0/2.1 line of cars. The only difference between the bulkheads on the SC and those on the other 2.0 cars are the diffs it can fit.

There are practically no parts carried over from the .3 to the 2.0. You can run the diffs out of the .3, and any matching screws/bearings/etc., but otherwise it's a completely different car.
Old 10-25-2023, 04:08 PM
Tech Adept

While this vehicle is based on an 8th scale platform, we wanted to branch off from it being a full blown 8th scale. The previous gen diffs (which is what we're using on the SCT410 2.0) are larger than any other 10th scale platform, but are on the smaller size for most 8th scales. This allowed us to lower the diff on the chassis more than we could with our current 8th scale diffs, but be more durable than our current 10th scale diffs.

The bulkheads on the SC 2.0 will fit any tower that fits on the 2.0/2.1 line of cars. The only difference between the bulkheads on the SC and those on the other 2.0 cars are the diffs it can fit.

There are practically no parts carried over from the .3 to the 2.0. You can run the diffs out of the .3, and any matching screws/bearings/etc., but otherwise it's a completely different car.
Good morning Matthew
Thank for your answer and explanation.
Good news for the shock tower.
Best regards
Old 10-25-2023, 04:28 PM
Tech Master

So you saying we can run the sct 2.0 shock towers on the eb 2.0 if we want to convert a buggy to sct
Old 10-25-2023, 04:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MadMick
So you saying we can run the sct 2.0 shock towers on the eb 2.0 if we want to convert a buggy to sct
There's more than just the towers that are different between the SC and the buggy. All the suspension arms are different, the geometry is different, overall width, lots of things. I also don't believe that SC wheels clear the 2.1 buggy carriers. SC wheels have a smaller ID than 8th scale buggy wheels.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.