Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2023, 02:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Can you run 17mm hexs
Old 10-15-2023, 04:18 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by rustyus

A person will have the option to run 16mm bore shocks as well.
Now I am starting to doubt this truck! We need a race platform not a damn basher! The SL is ok but it lacks durability with the bulkheads breaking. Still waiting for ProStar to send out the new aluminum bulk heads! I like the SL it is faster and a lot more agile than the original 410's but doesnt take much to get tossed around on the track. We do not have an indoor high bite track so a heavier race platform would be better. Now I need to decide if I cancel my order!
Old 10-15-2023, 08:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MadMick
Can you run 17mm hexs
There will be optional 17mm hexes and universal driveshafts.
Old 10-15-2023, 09:28 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tosouthern66
Now I am starting to doubt this truck! We need a race platform not a damn basher! The SL is ok but it lacks durability with the bulkheads breaking. Still waiting for ProStar to send out the new aluminum bulk heads! I like the SL it is faster and a lot more agile than the original 410's but doesnt take much to get tossed around on the track. We do not have an indoor high bite track so a heavier race platform would be better. Now I need to decide if I cancel my order!
You have doubts, because I posted something about someone stating the SCT410 2.0 is more 1/8 scale than it's predecessor? You are doubting what?

Old 10-15-2023, 11:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

You have doubts, because I posted something about someone stating the SCT410 2.0 is more 1/8 scale than it's predecessor? You are doubting what?
On if it is going to be good enough to race. I like that it looks beefier especially the shock towers being thicker, maybe they wont bend as easy as the 410 and 410.3
Old 10-15-2023, 02:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

He is doubting whether he should purchase one.
Old 10-16-2023, 09:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 168 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matthew_Armeni
There will be optional 17mm hexes and universal driveshafts.
Good to know. I was going to ask about this. But the follow on question is: will the hubs be of an offset that gives the same track width using the DE 17MM Hex SCT wheels as when using the 12MM offset wheels designed for this truck?
Old 10-17-2023, 04:12 PM
Tech Master

Does this share any parts with the N/E48 2.x?
Old 10-17-2023, 05:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by slick2500
Does this share any parts with the N/E48 2.x?
I think you'll be pleased...SCT410 2.0 Description

From Tekno's description of the platform: The SCT410 2.0 focuses on durability and drivetrain strength, boasting a 2 to 4S compatibility out of the box. With hardened steel universal driveshafts, outdrives, and stub axles, this vehicle is designed to endure even the most demanding conditions. The modular design provides compatibility with hundreds of various parts and options from the EB/NB/ET/NT48 2.X line of vehicles, allowing enthusiasts and racers to personalize it to their driving styles and tastes.

Featuring a revised chassis design and layout, the SCT410 2.0 includes HD mudguards, a covered center diff, and easy access differentials, enhancing its strength and ease of maintenance. The incorporation of new 2.X compatible bulkheads, new internal differential gears, and SCT-specific suspension geometry, demonstrates Tekno RC’s commitment to delivering exceptional performance to RC enthusiasts.

Last edited by rustyus; 10-18-2023 at 03:42 AM.
Old 10-19-2023, 10:33 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by tosouthern66
I am not sure about those shocks! 13mm is awfully small for a tank like this thing looks! Plus the 16mm spring option sounds like a pain to deal with!
Originally Posted by Typpo
Will the front and rear shock lengths be similar to the SCT410.3 (105 and 118mm) or the SCT410SL (85mm and 103mm)?

Will 16mm shocks fit as an alternative?

If the shocks are closer to the 85mm and 103mm lengths, will a short (meaning ~85mm) shock be available?

Will TKR6142 be the part number for a short version of TKR6143?

Hopefully the manual will answer some of these questions.
A person will have the option to run 16mm bore shocks as well.

Shock Lengths
Based on the manuals, the new front and rear shock lengths are 98mm and 108mm respectively. For comparison, the SCT410.3 16mm front and rear shock lengths are 105mm and 118mm.

Will Tekno offer a shorter (meaning shorter than the TKR6002, TKR6004 and TKR6143 combination) 16mm shock option?

Front and Rear Suspension Arm Compatibility
Also, can the new front and rear arms fit between the blocks (hinge pin braces) of the old series one vehicles (e.g. EB48.2, EB48.3, SCT410.3)?

Last edited by Typpo; 10-19-2023 at 10:44 PM.
Old 10-20-2023, 09:23 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ta_man
Good to know. I was going to ask about this. But the follow on question is: will the hubs be of an offset that gives the same track width using the DE 17MM Hex SCT wheels as when using the 12MM offset wheels designed for this truck?
Yes, there will be hexes that offer the SC width as well as a wider hex that will bring the width up to 8th scale buggy specs.
Jordan Anderson likes this.
Old 10-20-2023, 09:36 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Typpo
Shock Lengths
Based on the manuals, the new front and rear shock lengths are 98mm and 108mm respectively. For comparison, the SCT410.3 16mm front and rear shock lengths are 105mm and 118mm.

Will Tekno offer a shorter (meaning shorter than the TKR6002, TKR6004 and TKR6143 combination) 16mm shock option?

Front and Rear Suspension Arm Compatibility
Also, can the new front and rear arms fit between the blocks (hinge pin braces) of the old series one vehicles (e.g. EB48.2, EB48.3, SCT410.3)?
The 13mm shocks offer a greater range of travel (full compression to full extension) than the 16mm shocks are capable of. So while you can fit on the 16mm shocks, you will end up limiting your uptravel or your droop when doing so. During testing, we had various length bodies and shafts as well as different height towers to compensate for all of these scenarios to give each setup (13mm versus 16mm) the best possible chance. The 13mm simply performed better. If there's enough demand we could eventually make 16mm specific shocks for this vehicle, but I truly believe that once everyone drives the truck they won't be wishing for the larger shocks.

The 2.0 platform uses much narrower A,B,C,D blocks than the previous generation. There might be some combination of parts/driveshafts on the rear that work out to fit correctly, but I don't think it's worth trying to figure out.
Old 10-20-2023, 10:35 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Matthew_Armeni
The 13mm shocks offer a greater range of travel (full compression to full extension) than the 16mm shocks are capable of. So while you can fit on the 16mm shocks, you will end up limiting your uptravel or your droop when doing so. During testing, we had various length bodies and shafts as well as different height towers to compensate for all of these scenarios to give each setup (13mm versus 16mm) the best possible chance. The 13mm simply performed better. If there's enough demand we could eventually make 16mm specific shocks for this vehicle, but I truly believe that once everyone drives the truck they won't be wishing for the larger shocks.

The 2.0 platform uses much narrower A,B,C,D blocks than the previous generation. There might be some combination of parts/driveshafts on the rear that work out to fit correctly, but I don't think it's worth trying to figure out.
Thank you for describing the differences between the 13mm and 16mm shocks and for providing details about testing.

That difference between the series one and series two platform A, B, C, and D blocks is also appreciated and helpful.
Matthew_Armeni likes this.
Old 10-20-2023, 11:22 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Matthew_Armeni can you also discuss the motor mount a little? What were some of the design trade-offs and considerations?

What is the procedure for changing the motor and / or the pinion?

thanks!!
Old 10-20-2023, 01:06 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by smirkracing
Matthew_Armeni can you also discuss the motor mount a little? What were some of the design trade-offs and considerations?

What is the procedure for changing the motor and / or the pinion?

thanks!!
The biggest negatives to the one piece motor mount are complete motor access, pinion gear options, and gearing changes. Removing the motor isn't hard to do, it's just more involved. Space constraints force a limited number of pinion gear options on the mount. We wanted to limit the amount of mounts to two, so we have a low range (12-16) and a high range (16-20). Changing the gearing by changing the pinion is again, not hard to do, it's just more involved.

The positives to the one piece design are several. It's cheaper to manufacture, which allows us to price the kit lower. It prevents customers who are less experienced from setting the gear mesh too loose and possibly stripping out spur gears. On the flip side it also prevents customers from setting the mesh too tight and having the motor/esc run hot. It easily allows for a sealed driveline, which customers have been requesting for some time now. It's 2 less screws to have loosen during a run, so it's actually more secure than our adjustable mount.

To remove the motor or change to a different tooth count pinion I like to take off the center diff top plate and the pinion gear access cover. Then I remove the center diff. Then I remove the motor mount from the chassis along with the center brace. If you're simply changing the pinion to one with the same tooth count you can just remove the access cover.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.