Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree39Likes

Team Yokomo MO 2.0

Hide Wikipost
Old 02-12-2024, 01:07 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Yokomo MO 2.0
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Cain
MO2.0 New Features:
NEW! Large capacity 13mm shock
NEW! Low height body
NEW! Laydown front and rear shock towers (rear short shock specification)
NEW! Lightweight front and rear bulkheads
NEW! Lightweight bulkhead cap
NEW! COL slipper unit (center one-way limiter slipper unit)
NEW! Main chassis (3 (mm long/COL slipper compatible)
NEW! Center bone (F/51mm, R/100mm)
NEW! Center mount (front)
NEW! Center mount plate
NEW! Servo mount & plate
NEW! Steering block plate
NEW! Front suspension arm (heavy duty)
NEW! High down force rear wing

Setups and other information:

Instruction Manual
Predator RC Front Bulkhead Brace & Predator RC Brace Pics
PetitRC YZ4SF2 Setups
PetitRC MO2.0 Setups
Yokomo spring chart
Vehicle check matrix (By Ray Munday)

Vehicle setup matrix (By Ray Munday)
Basic tuning for racing
SoDialed setup and pill calculator apps
How to Sand and Seal carbon fiber
Piston / Oil Tuning Chart

FAQ:
  • What is the difference between 2 gears and 4 gears in the gear diff? Please read these posts by Roger M.
Rear CVD Bone Modification to prevent bone ejection on crashes (Applies to MO1.0/SF2)
  • Part# YOKZ2-01065B 66.5mm Bone
  • Remove the 1mm shim used on the stock CVD
  • install the 66.5mm bone
  • Reassemble

Overdrive Front Gearbox When Using Smaller Diameter Tires
  • Credit to Will27
  • The parts for the front gearbox are S4-503D17 and S4-503R17
  • Useful will small diameter tires like the Jconcepts 2wd Front Wide tires
  • Must change back to stock with bigger tires other than Jcon PinSwag 4wd fronts
  • Better Flow through Long Corners

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2023, 06:12 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Got in run with 5K front and 100K rear 4 gear, yeah it definitel rotates faster thats for sure. I liked the feel, still figuring out some other changes here as well as tires. our carpet actually responds better to tires like a nessi and even some mini darts. fuzzbites right now pack up with well, fuzz, and lock the car too much in.
Old 12-27-2023, 07:39 PM
Tech Legend

So got a report on how the changes went.

Big thing at our track is the carpet right now needs to break in more as it fuzzes up tires like fuzzbites hard. We end up using rears like Nessi's. Grip great and no fuzz. was ableot get some stable runs in and the car was really good. Got a few more changes to do but the diff changes were great. Right now combo on tires that felt good was Schumacher Fusion 2 fronts with sidewalls glued and Jconcepts Nessis. I could see something like a mini dart or a Cactus could work.
Old 01-02-2024, 02:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Curious if anyone has fitted the MO 2.0 one-way slipper into the YZ4-SF2. Cheers.
Cain likes this.
Old 01-03-2024, 10:24 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Obsidian
Curious if anyone has fitted the MO 2.0 one-way slipper into the YZ4-SF2. Cheers.
Looks like to fit those up you would need the parts that make the one-way unit, the front mount that holds it and bearing, and possibly the center bone depending on where the length differences are?

So decided to post up where I am at so far with my setup on my MO 2.0 for our local track at FMRC Raceways. We race on FOSS brand EcoFi Status carpet that the latest revision seems to take awhile more to breakin and not fuzz up. its getting better, but for our 70x36ft area track we can almost fill a vaccuum bag each time we hit the carpet with it. Its getting better, but the fuzz is enough that running jconcepts fuzzbites front and rear and pinswag fronts they have a tendency to get filled with fuzz. You then run into weird grip issues.

We have pretty much gone to Jconcepts Nessi tires for rear as the goto as they don't pack up with fuzz but do wear a bit faster probably as the pins are spaced pretty well. For fronts, it seems swaggers ar the most consistent relative to the fuzz. I do run at times pinswag 2wd wide fronts and they work, bit more steering but do eventually fuzz up on 2wd but not as hard. on 4wd definitely not worth trying, on there, using Schumacher Fusion 2 fronts.

Schumacher tires however appear to be a great option, cactus and fusion style don't seem to pack up nearly as much if at all like th eother jconcepts offerings and guys even use Mini darts (I have) and even up to Mezzos on the surface.

Right now biggest thing is I want to try full cactus rears and fusion 2 fronts together, see how it goes. Also going to try the harder foams as well as another fast driver is using closed cell foams in his shcumacher tires from what i recall.

So far, on these conditions this what I got for setup:

I'll have a few changes I am thinking to this setup for a bit more stability but want to see how a tire change works out relative to that.

Going to an EOS offroad track this weekend, so will probably have a few changes to the setup specific for that will post up, also got some willspeed springs on the way.
Old 01-08-2024, 03:42 PM
Tech Legend

*** RACE REPORT ***

RC Underground in Warren MN 2023-2024 Winter Series Round 3

Very technical layout with a high speed straight into a wall ride that made driving challenging. Decided to go with a heavy diff setup and tune from there for all vehicles configured as such:

MO 2.0 4wd Buggy
- Tekin RS Pro BE ESC in Blinky Mode
- Tekin RS T180 Servo
- Tekin 4200mah Shorty Lipo
- Tekin Gen4 13.5 Motor
- Protek RC titanium hardware

Going with heavy diff setups here on the black EOS Offroad Carpet, 100K in the rear of each vehicle, and 5k up front for the 4wd buggy. The buggies had great rotation, with the only changes on that front I felt were needed during the race was the MO 2.0 4wd buggy going from 6 degree to 8 degree carriers to get a more consistent steering profile for how I drive.

On the 4wd buggy, it took me a few laps to get the new feel of the steering response versus the 6dig carriers I was using before. Once I settled down I started to crank out very consistent laps which on the challenging track and the power these cars can put down was causing issues for everyone at different points of the track. After almost passing the leader earlier before getting tangled up and having to work my way up again about midway through the race, in the end I was able to pull out the win in the last few laps.

dub671 likes this.
Old 02-06-2024, 01:10 PM
Tech Legend

*** Race Report ***
*** RC Underground in Warren MN 2023-2024 Winter Series Round 4 ***

For this race the layout was a combination of a lot of straights and 180s with extremely challenging big air high speed jumps. One of the more challenging jumps ironically was the smallest due to a section that at times could kick your car funny in the air. Next after that was a big air triple with almost a cushioned flat landing that went pretty quickly into a 180 with a half-a-lane small single in the turn, easy to either overshoot this or roll in the half-a-lane single.

Equipment for this race as follows:

Yokomo MO 2.0 4wd Buggy
- Tekin RS Pro BE ESC in Blinky Mode
- Tekin RS T180 Servo
- Tekin 4200mah Shorty Lipo
- Tekin Gen4 SpecR2 13.5 Motor
- Protek RC titanium hardware

4wd Buggy

The MO 2.0 I felt during practice needed the benefit of more droop and a stiffer front spring so made those changes. The car still felt a bit more unsettled on some more bumpy sections so decided to break out some Fusion 2 front tires which instantly calmed the car down over bumpy sections. I ended up qualifing 4th for the main.

In the main the car was on rails, able to crank out very fast laps and was a battle for for the top 3 spots, with the car able to put down some great speed enough so that rather than risking taking out the driver in front me for a possible risky pass decided to chase and both of us draw down on the leader. Unfortunately as we were gaining towards the end of the race, a mental lapse cause a bobble which eventually ended in getting hit by oncoming traffic and breakig my rear arm ending my race. Ended up finishing 6th, with the 2nd fastest lap time of the group and high consistency till that error. Next Time!

BuggyFan21 and dub671 like this.
Old 02-09-2024, 11:46 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Cain
Got in some testing and some other drivers are doing this figured report back ...

The Jconcepts pin swags wide 2wd fronts being used in 4wd buggy, they are a nice option if you want something that doens't have as much of a chunky sidewall and you do get the newer style foams too. Gluing is a slight challenge as the tire can pull when trying to do the first sidewall, causing it not to seat properly. I'd suggest you line up the bead you want to glue, and then kind of have the other side over the other bead towards the center of the wheel, this causes it not to pull so hard on the sidewall at that point. Once that side is glued, you can do the other and use tire bands to hold things properly.

The tires in geneal feel great and more stable. Only place I'd say is watch out on a bumpy surface may want to go back to the regular sized sidewalls if you are not wanting to change your setup. I also glued the actual sidewall like my 4wd pin swags however I have heard of some not having to do that.
Quoted from another thread

I do the same, but with the 2wd wide fuzzbite, this tread pattern works better on the carpets that I run on. I'll share what I've done too. When using the 2wd wide versions of these tyres, there is quite a mismatch in front to rear rollout due to the diameter being much smaller. This can create some awkward handling and the car not wanting to flow though the longer corners nicely. But thanks to Yokomo we have a solution

I have changed the internal gearing of the front gearbox only to 40/17. This combination gives about the same front rollout as Schumacher Cactus Fusion 1's with 40/16, but with the benefits of the lower profile tyre. The car handles amazingly well, it is by far the best 4wd I've had on carpet.
Cain and dub671 like this.
Old 02-12-2024, 05:37 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Will27
Quoted from another thread

I do the same, but with the 2wd wide fuzzbite, this tread pattern works better on the carpets that I run on. I'll share what I've done too. When using the 2wd wide versions of these tyres, there is quite a mismatch in front to rear rollout due to the diameter being much smaller. This can create some awkward handling and the car not wanting to flow though the longer corners nicely. But thanks to Yokomo we have a solution

I have changed the internal gearing of the front gearbox only to 40/17. This combination gives about the same front rollout as Schumacher Cactus Fusion 1's with 40/16, but with the benefits of the lower profile tyre. The car handles amazingly well, it is by far the best 4wd I've had on carpet.
nice!

Got a part # breakdown of what you used to do this? can add it up to the wiki. Also post your setup when you get a chance be cool to see!
Old 02-12-2024, 10:33 AM
Tech Adept

The parts for the front gearbox are S4-503D17 and S4-503R17. You have to change both the ring and pinion, the ring gear has the same number of teeth but is different to keep the gear mesh correct.

The only downside is you can't just bolt normal 4wd front tyres back on or you'll have a big overdrive in the front, except for the JC 4wd front Pinswag - this is a lower profile than the other 4wd fronts and the front to rear rollout almost match each other with the 40/17 front gearbox and that tyre.
Thinking of building another front gearbox to have in the pit bag in case I need to change back to a normal 4wd front.

Old 02-12-2024, 01:03 PM
Tech Legend

cool thanks for the info!
Will27 likes this.
Old 03-26-2024, 09:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Just finished building this kit. Great fit and finish on all the parts. Didn't ream out any pivots at all. Suspension works very smoothly and no sticky pivots. It's a heavy car with my build. 13.5 car, full size esc and battery with Ti links, screws, and ballstudd. 1700 grams. Don't like the inner ballstud pivots at all. Thry work but are annoying. Gonna race it on clay with the COL 1st and then change to center diff. Love the shock bushings and machined pistons. Can't wait to test it out on the ttrack.
Old 03-29-2024, 08:42 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by todb
Just finished building this kit. Great fit and finish on all the parts. Didn't ream out any pivots at all. Suspension works very smoothly and no sticky pivots. It's a heavy car with my build. 13.5 car, full size esc and battery with Ti links, screws, and ballstudd. 1700 grams. Don't like the inner ballstud pivots at all. Thry work but are annoying. Gonna race it on clay with the COL 1st and then change to center diff. Love the shock bushings and machined pistons. Can't wait to test it out on the ttrack.
Looking forward to hearing what you find. on carpet using jconcepts tires as they are lighter and a LCg shorty pack, get get the car underunderweight with the common titanium stuff and I add back in aluminum carriers front and rear.

Agree on the ballstud inserts that go into the tower. They really should make a design that is just 1 direction like the a-arm inserts on teh rear. so if I want position "1", I put it this way, position "2", use the other hole but it inserts into the opening and cannot rotate on you when assembling. That or maybe Yok MODZ or foote factory rc could make an aftermarket tower that just has set holes.
Old 03-29-2024, 03:31 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Cain
Agree on the ballstud inserts that go into the tower. They really should make a design that is just 1 direction like the a-arm inserts on teh rear. so if I want position "1", I put it this way, position "2", use the other hole but it inserts into the opening and cannot rotate on you when assembling. That or maybe Yok MODZ or foote factory rc could make an aftermarket tower that just has set holes.
I agree they are a pain to use, but I like having the smaller adjustment. I'd like to see them change the cam like what Shin has done on the mugen, where the cam has the threaded hole in it. Simply put the cam in from one side and screw the ballstud into it from the other.
Old 03-30-2024, 08:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Got some good practice today at my local track. It's pretty good so far. Lots of potential. Very confident with it after 3 or so packs. The new HW 13.5 is very strong as well. Im still runnjng thr COL on clay track amd its definitely a different feel with good steering under hard braking. For a 13.5 buggy it weighs 1730grams. That's a lot, I mean a lot, lol. im working on a center diff with a pucks center driveline. Small esc and thin pack would definitely lose some weight, but im not sure if I go that route. Overall, very positive results so far.
Old 03-31-2024, 06:21 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by todb
Got some good practice today at my local track. It's pretty good so far. Lots of potential. Very confident with it after 3 or so packs. The new HW 13.5 is very strong as well. Im still runnjng thr COL on clay track amd its definitely a different feel with good steering under hard braking. For a 13.5 buggy it weighs 1730grams. That's a lot, I mean a lot, lol. im working on a center diff with a pucks center driveline. Small esc and thin pack would definitely lose some weight, but im not sure if I go that route. Overall, very positive results so far.
The plastic internal diff gears Y2-503GPHA save a fair bit of weight, ~8g per diff. I'm running them in my outdoor dirt car with a 5.5 and they are holding up ok so far. Even in modified, the car has so much more pop out of the corner its very noticeable.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.