Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree39Likes

Team Yokomo MO 2.0

Hide Wikipost
Old 02-12-2024, 01:07 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Yokomo MO 2.0
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Cain
MO2.0 New Features:
NEW! Large capacity 13mm shock
NEW! Low height body
NEW! Laydown front and rear shock towers (rear short shock specification)
NEW! Lightweight front and rear bulkheads
NEW! Lightweight bulkhead cap
NEW! COL slipper unit (center one-way limiter slipper unit)
NEW! Main chassis (3 (mm long/COL slipper compatible)
NEW! Center bone (F/51mm, R/100mm)
NEW! Center mount (front)
NEW! Center mount plate
NEW! Servo mount & plate
NEW! Steering block plate
NEW! Front suspension arm (heavy duty)
NEW! High down force rear wing

Setups and other information:

Instruction Manual
Predator RC Front Bulkhead Brace & Predator RC Brace Pics
PetitRC YZ4SF2 Setups
PetitRC MO2.0 Setups
Yokomo spring chart
Vehicle check matrix (By Ray Munday)

Vehicle setup matrix (By Ray Munday)
Basic tuning for racing
SoDialed setup and pill calculator apps
How to Sand and Seal carbon fiber
Piston / Oil Tuning Chart

FAQ:
  • What is the difference between 2 gears and 4 gears in the gear diff? Please read these posts by Roger M.
Rear CVD Bone Modification to prevent bone ejection on crashes (Applies to MO1.0/SF2)
  • Part# YOKZ2-01065B 66.5mm Bone
  • Remove the 1mm shim used on the stock CVD
  • install the 66.5mm bone
  • Reassemble

Overdrive Front Gearbox When Using Smaller Diameter Tires
  • Credit to Will27
  • The parts for the front gearbox are S4-503D17 and S4-503R17
  • Useful will small diameter tires like the Jconcepts 2wd Front Wide tires
  • Must change back to stock with bigger tires other than Jcon PinSwag 4wd fronts
  • Better Flow through Long Corners

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2023, 08:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

https://www.hearnshobbies.com/produc...tion-buggy-kit
In stock
Old 12-02-2023, 12:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Thank you for Iooking for me. Out of stock everywhere it seems. I will keep my eyes open for one.
Old 12-04-2023, 11:46 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

*** RACE REPORT ***
RC Underground in MN 2023 - 2024 Winter Series Rnd 2

For this round g
rip on the EOS track was up a bit, and the layout had several fast sections with some very challenging sections especially depending on where on the drivers stand you were. Driving line choice in these areas would be key especially with some of the obstacles being half a lane wide.

MO 2.0 1/10 4wd Buggy
Powered by:
- Tekin RS Pro Black Edition
- Tekin Gen4 SpecR 13.5 Motor with High Torque Rotor
- Tekin T180 Servo
- Protek 4800mah 2S Lipo
- Sanwa M17

So starting out had made a variety of revisions to the setup on the buggy as I was working on getting a better rotation profile than what I had before as the vehicle felt pushy at times. For the initial heats the rotation I was wanting was available now, with a few more changes for a bit more stability coming off of the long wall ride, qualifying 3rd overall for the main.

Unfortunately a mental lapse relative to my position on the drivers stand versus where my car was on the track for my sight line I ended up dropping immediately to last, having to work my way back through the pack as much as possible. It took a bit to settle down and just drive the car versus trying to force it, and once I did the experience improved, finishing 4th.

Most Challenging Section:

Last edited by Cain; 12-04-2023 at 12:40 PM.
Old 12-04-2023, 10:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

how is this car on clay? with the new slipper?
Old 12-05-2023, 07:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Cain
Most Challenging Section:
F that section LOL. I'd go around the outside.
Old 12-05-2023, 09:20 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by gotheframe
F that section LOL. I'd go around the outside.
Yeah basically the hot line was to skip the first two wedges, then shoot across the 3rd over the 2nd. It was very tricky at times as its not just you trying to do that too when coming in to that area.
Old 12-05-2023, 12:18 PM
Tech Legend

here is the setup I ended up with. had lots of steering:

Will27 likes this.
Old 12-05-2023, 10:22 PM
Tech Adept

Over the weekend I travelled to a neighboring club to run the car again. Still getting to grips with the car but feeling more confident with it now. Was still on the Yokomo springs, 8 dot front and 6 dot rear. The front is not half bad, I had trouble with the outside-rear collapsing when accelerating out of some corners making it get out of shape on exit. I'll have a better choice of springs next time I run the car, which will be next year.

I'm the white - blue - gold car starting 2nd on the grid after some user error and being a muppet in qualifying. (Excuse the crash )
https://youtu.be/8A9hklRJphs?t=122
Cain likes this.
Old 12-06-2023, 06:53 AM
Tech Legend

got in a run with the car again locally at our indoor track. space is about 70x36 on EcoFi status carpet. we had some new carpet put in on a section so it needs to get ran in to get a lot of the fuzz out of it. Fuzzbite tires which are common here are having issues with loading up with this fuzz so you go from one minute traction is great till next once loaded the car is like driving on dirt at points.

I think the biggest thing for me to get used to is how this front oneway is affecting how I come into corners. I went from front springs that on the last car were pretty stiff but made the drive great without the vehicle wanting to traction roll over with the aggressive tires we use up front to stuff that is pretty soft, by the end of the night to get some more front end steering at points i was down to AE V2 blues up front. I may go to the next rate higher I have for rear yokomo springs which I think are the Yatabe Black that came with the SF2. they kind of "fit" and incomparison to what the fast driver here is running for springs on his AE car, would be close in rate.

Outside of that, I may try some more changes on the diffs here. possibly going heavier on the rear.
Will27 likes this.
Old 12-06-2023, 12:26 PM
Tech Adept

I was hesitant to put the 12mm springs on. On the SF2 I tested AE v2's but ended up back on the kit carpet springs (Yatabe purple/black). I know they can fit but I worry if the spring will end up damaging the threads on the shock body over time. I like the way the yokomo 13mm springs feel on track - hopefully yokomo will make a dot 7 and dot 8 rear spring and maybe a dot 9 front as an option then we will be set. I think a harder rear spring is more important.

You're definitely right about the one way changing how we are driving the car, noticing this more each time.
Cain likes this.
Old 12-07-2023, 12:46 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Will27
I was hesitant to put the 12mm springs on. On the SF2 I tested AE v2's but ended up back on the kit carpet springs (Yatabe purple/black). I know they can fit but I worry if the spring will end up damaging the threads on the shock body over time. I like the way the yokomo 13mm springs feel on track - hopefully yokomo will make a dot 7 and dot 8 rear spring and maybe a dot 9 front as an option then we will be set. I think a harder rear spring is more important.

You're definitely right about the one way changing how we are driving the car, noticing this more each time.
yeah at this point gonna keep giving it a go see how it is. I am liking the feel of the heavier rear springs though, but was able to talk to Dustin Fox and bit and review his setups so may have some more options of things I want to try. Seems like a few different people not just Yokomo ones are runnig really heavy rear diffs with like water for oil in the front diffs. Dustin's setup also was light on the swaybars too than I was used to, so excited to try some of his settings see how they feel.

Old 12-08-2023, 06:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
yeah at this point gonna keep giving it a go see how it is. I am liking the feel of the heavier rear springs though, but was able to talk to Dustin Fox and bit and review his setups so may have some more options of things I want to try. Seems like a few different people not just Yokomo ones are runnig really heavy rear diffs with like water for oil in the front diffs. Dustin's setup also was light on the swaybars too than I was used to, so excited to try some of his settings see how they feel.
Yeah, I have seen that too on carpet setups. At the FL Carpet Champs, it was suggested to me to do that. It seems that everyone is trying to take grip out of the back and add it to the front to help rotation. It did help on my SF2.
Old 12-08-2023, 09:43 AM
Tech Champion

Doesn't thick rear diff fluid reduce rotation?

I can see the light front fluid being important. But isn't the rear thick for a different reason?
Old 12-08-2023, 10:17 AM
Tech Adept

I've run like this on my SF back in the day I had 10k front 80k rear with 2 gears. It makes it rotate and feel more like a 2wd, changes where the car rotates or pivots from.
Cain likes this.
Old 12-08-2023, 11:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zerodefect
Doesn't thick rear diff fluid reduce rotation?

I can see the light front fluid being important. But isn't the rear thick for a different reason?
Originally Posted by Will27
I've run like this on my SF back in the day I had 10k front 80k rear with 2 gears. It makes it rotate and feel more like a 2wd, changes where the car rotates or pivots from.
It makes the car pivot more on the nose than the inside rear.
Cain likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.