Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree39Likes

Team Yokomo MO 2.0

Hide Wikipost
Old 02-12-2024, 01:07 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Yokomo MO 2.0
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Cain
MO2.0 New Features:
NEW! Large capacity 13mm shock
NEW! Low height body
NEW! Laydown front and rear shock towers (rear short shock specification)
NEW! Lightweight front and rear bulkheads
NEW! Lightweight bulkhead cap
NEW! COL slipper unit (center one-way limiter slipper unit)
NEW! Main chassis (3 (mm long/COL slipper compatible)
NEW! Center bone (F/51mm, R/100mm)
NEW! Center mount (front)
NEW! Center mount plate
NEW! Servo mount & plate
NEW! Steering block plate
NEW! Front suspension arm (heavy duty)
NEW! High down force rear wing

Setups and other information:

Instruction Manual
Predator RC Front Bulkhead Brace & Predator RC Brace Pics
PetitRC YZ4SF2 Setups
PetitRC MO2.0 Setups
Yokomo spring chart
Vehicle check matrix (By Ray Munday)

Vehicle setup matrix (By Ray Munday)
Basic tuning for racing
SoDialed setup and pill calculator apps
How to Sand and Seal carbon fiber
Piston / Oil Tuning Chart

FAQ:
  • What is the difference between 2 gears and 4 gears in the gear diff? Please read these posts by Roger M.
Rear CVD Bone Modification to prevent bone ejection on crashes (Applies to MO1.0/SF2)
  • Part# YOKZ2-01065B 66.5mm Bone
  • Remove the 1mm shim used on the stock CVD
  • install the 66.5mm bone
  • Reassemble

Overdrive Front Gearbox When Using Smaller Diameter Tires
  • Credit to Will27
  • The parts for the front gearbox are S4-503D17 and S4-503R17
  • Useful will small diameter tires like the Jconcepts 2wd Front Wide tires
  • Must change back to stock with bigger tires other than Jcon PinSwag 4wd fronts
  • Better Flow through Long Corners

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2023, 04:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Will27
I'm guessing that the slipper's front drive cup MO-303DCB has a one way bearing inside? to allow it to only slip one way

Nope. No bearing in the manual diagrams.

I am wrong. There is a one way bearing but it is in the drive cup and does not appear to be replaceable without buying the whole drive cup.
Old 10-05-2023, 04:59 PM
Tech Adept

We'll see when we get hands on with the parts. It would have to be pressed in, interference fit like when touring cars used to have a front one way "diff". From the pics it looks like theres enough room inside the back of the out drive to have a 1 way bearing.
Old 10-06-2023, 12:11 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

A-main has the MO 2.0 in stock! Hoping to see mine later next week.

Pic from the manual on the oneway slipper unit, defintely kind of ball diff-ifsh

Old 10-06-2023, 08:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Thrust balls on a slipper is weird. I haven't seen that before.
Old 10-06-2023, 10:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by chevmaro
Thrust balls on a slipper is weird. I haven't seen that before.
Xray have identical slipper XB4 carpet version.
Old 10-08-2023, 12:27 PM
Tech Legend

Looks like Tuesday will be the day mine comes. Track I'll be attending put in new EOS offroad carpet this weekend so excited to try that.
Will27 likes this.
Old 10-08-2023, 02:11 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Cain
Looks like Tuesday will be the day mine comes. Track I'll be attending put in new EOS offroad carpet this weekend so excited to try that.
Nice! Hoping that I might see mine this week. If so I'll travel to a neighboring club to run it (office type carpet).
Its funny, the old SF2 just had an awesome run on Saturday night with a TQ and win. My cars always seem to go really well right after I order a new kit to replace it!
Cain likes this.

Last edited by Will27; 10-10-2023 at 12:04 AM.
Old 10-11-2023, 05:59 AM
Tech Legend

Looks like today will be the actual day, excited!
Old 10-11-2023, 10:01 AM
Tech Legend

Time to get building!

Will27 and dub671 like this.
Old 10-18-2023, 11:07 AM
Tech Legend

Got the build almost done, just need to put my aluminum rear carriers on that came in:

Few things:

- 12mm springs will fit on the stock 13mm shock no modifications needed
- Avid B74.2 Shock mounts will work with the Yokomo shocks, gives a nice trick look
- There is definitely a lot of milling work that went on to lighten the bulkheads, diff securing mounts that go into them , etc.
- The oneway slipper is very interesting, just be careful not to lose the balls when building that thrust bearing part
- my 66.5mm CVD mod works on the car but with the droop and tower changes may not be necessarily at all
- turnbuckles are shorter than the SF2, so keep that in mind if going to use some titaniums from your previous kit, it will work though
- Protek B74.2 side guard modification works on the new chassis plate
- Drilled out stock pistons to go 1.7mm x 2 F, 1.8mm x 2 R. suspension feels really good like this.
sawzall and dub671 like this.

Last edited by Cain; 10-18-2023 at 01:40 PM.
Old 11-06-2023, 10:05 AM
Tech Legend

*** RACE REPORT ***
RC Underground in MN 2023 - 2024 Winter Series Rnd 1

So at this race would be the debut for me of the SO 2.0, MO 2.0, and my take on a "TO 2.0", an updated YZ2T stadium truck to what I felt would be TO 2.0 specs as much as possible.

The carpet for this year had been updated to EOS Offroad Carpet and the track lengthened with a long wall ride now on one side. Heard estimates of 45 - 48ft x 90 - 100ft or so.
This layout was definitely challenging with some key areas to make a pass as well as a jump on the longest straight that if you hit it oddly could pitch your car upwards onto a flat landing causing a wheelie effect if you pushed it hard.
The Series also attracted even more top flight drivers from around the region bringing the competition level up as well.

MO 2.0:

4wd as anyone who knows me is my favorite class, so was looking forward to giving this a go especially with the front one way. I configured the car with these bigger changes:

- 1.7mm front, 1.8mm piston rear
- AE V2 Springs
- Tekin RS Pro ESC, Tekin Gen4 13.5 Spec Motor with HT Rotor, Tekin T180 Servo, Protek 4800mah Lipo
- Weight down to ROAR Minimum

Getting used to the feel of the car, I could tell it felt more consistent landing jumps and a bit more "pull" when offpower. I'd like to play a bit more with the settings of the front oneway as I had it more locked down. Overall could adjust gearing a bit but wanted to not mess with too much stuff running three cars so basically left my initial setting alone.
After the heats I qualified 5th overall, just missing out on breaking into the 17 sec fast lap.

My consistency for the main wasn't as good as with the SO 2.0, I got a few ideas on a couple of changes I plan to make based on some rotation changes I am looking to do, but I did at least get into the 17 sec fast lap so was overlal happy with that, finishing 5th overall against this fast and consistent group.

Big thanks goes out to the RC Underground crew, the various racers at the track who mad the race a fun affair, and my sponsors Yokomo, Protek, and Tekin!

Will27 likes this.
Old 11-06-2023, 09:33 PM
Tech Adept

Had my first run with the MO2.0 on Saturday on carpet. I qualified 2nd, with my 2 yokomo teammates 1st and 3rd with their MO2.0's. Unfortunately I drove terribly in the main, but the team still got a 1-2 finish.

The car is nice - it jumps and lands so well. The yokomo 13mm springs are too soft, but still did ok. I had the centre one way set to 9.25mm which I think is a bit too soft. Maybe for stock this might be ok, but the front brakes were not strong enough for my liking. I'll go to 9.5mm next time. I'm not sure about the new outer steering plates - steering felt a bit dead to me. I might try running the old ones next time.
Cain and dub671 like this.
Old 11-07-2023, 12:37 PM
Tech Legend

Glad it went well for your Will!

Gotta look to see what setting I got on the steering rack and plates, if its been calmed down too much wonder if you can go to the next forward position on the center steering rack like the old car had? Yeah springs are soft, I think so far the caculations being done by Neal Lewis and others on facebook show the stiffest rear is like an AE V2 12mm Blue for value? The previous cars carpet springs were stiffer than the stiffest AE rear spring, almost curious to try those out again as I think I could have used that a bit more in some roll resistance. Gonna work a bit on setup here. Also, may see about loosening up the oneway a tad.
Old 11-07-2023, 02:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

A note for everyone reading this thread: It seems that some MO2.0 kits are coming with older SF2 slipper spring. Please check that before assembly. Older spring can make your slipper assembly wobble. I'm in touch with yokomo to let them know the issue.

I had my first race this past weekend with my MO2.0. It was a medium to high grip black carpet. I could have never imagined how good this car drives. New shocks are a big step over the older ones. Incredible step over the MO1.0.

Cain, Will27 and dub671 like this.
Old 11-07-2023, 08:26 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by lexusbest
A note for everyone reading this thread: It seems that some MO2.0 kits are coming with older SF2 slipper spring. Please check that before assembly. Older spring can make your slipper assembly wobble. I'm in touch with yokomo to let them know the issue.

I had my first race this past weekend with my MO2.0. It was a medium to high grip black carpet. I could have never imagined how good this car drives. New shocks are a big step over the older ones. Incredible step over the MO1.0.
any pics showing the difference between the springs?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.