Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi 8ight Pics

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 09:01 AM
Tech Adept

Hmmm I agree, being made in America raises issues...like quality! Honda vs. Ford...yikes I'll take Japanese quality in that case! Good thing this is RC cars, not real ones.
Old 05-10-2006, 09:37 AM
Tech Adept

Honestly you think because TL makes a buggy all the hardcore electric guys will run out and race 1/8th scale? Thats all they were waiting on was a US company they use in electric to make a buggy?
I do!! Seriously. OK, not all the electric guys......I know of many guys that have said for years that they'll move to 1/8 scale as soon as Losi or AE have one, and not before. Some of these guys are real quick mod buggy guys that will be extremely fast as soon as they learn the ins and outs of 1/8 scale. I bet there are many guys that fit that description, that are allready Losi team drivers.

As for the SAE vs. metric thing..... I'd prefer metric, but in the whole scheme of things, SAE fasteners aren't going to make my life more difficult in any way. In fact buying hardware in higher quantities at the hardware store will be much easier with SAE. I hate buying four screws for $2.

XB8's included the plastic handled Profi-Tools and a rx pack when the car was introduced and for a few months after. But when the price of the kit was reduced drastically, they quit throwing in those bonus items.
Old 05-10-2006, 11:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

As an electric guy who has run gas cars before, and dislikes them for the most part, I will honestly consider buying a gas 1/8th buggy when this car comes out. I'm actually looking forward to seeing it run.

The fact that most outdoor racing today is nitro-based is forcing me to look into other options for racing. No matter how much I dislike nitro engines and the mess they bring, if I want to race, I'm going to have to consider it eventually. Nothing else on the market has really interested me until now. Losi producing this car has a LOT to do with my interest.
Old 05-10-2006, 12:23 PM
Tech Elite

I don't think you'll see tools in many pro-level kits. The XRay buggy was really the only one to do such a thing and it put the car's price range up pretty high...they've taken the tools out and the car is still pretty expensive.

ApexSpeed - Nitro racing is just like anything else...once you're familiar with it it's not bad at all. I consider electric racing more of a hassle to me now, but it's only because I race gas 20x more often.

Like Bodido said, I think this car will bring in a lot of electric racers into the nitro aspect of the hobby. If not for the performance and quality of the kit, because the brand name is very familiar. I see no reason to expect nothing short of typical U.S.-hobby quality from another Team Losi kit, it should be great.
Old 05-10-2006, 01:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

AW, you do know you can get an Xray XB-8 tq kit for under $560 pretty much any where right????? Compare this the the over $650 for the prospec and over $700 for the SP2 and the xray car is a great value.

Chris
Old 05-10-2006, 01:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Still really like the new thinking Losi put into this car.

Good Luck to Losi.

Chris
Old 05-10-2006, 02:18 PM
Tech Adept

ccm399... so true.

I don't know of anyone who paid more than $600 for an Xray, and I know a bunch of people that run them.

Their parts prices have dropped pretty drastically as well. Xray is honestly one of the cheapest cars to run on the market right now. If you race an entire season on an Xray you have so little wear compared to most other brands. The drivetrains are awesome. Gears, universals, outdrives, etc, are so durable and long wearing. Most of the suspension wear is concentrated on the $4 a bag eccentric bushings. You replace all of those and all the slop is gone again.
Old 05-10-2006, 03:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Aaron Waldron
I don't think you'll see tools in many pro-level kits. The XRay buggy was really the only one to do such a thing and it put the car's price range up pretty high...they've taken the tools out and the car is still pretty expensive.
now Aaron, your going to confuse alot of people with this comment....... you say the tools put the price up pretty high, then you say the car prices are still pretty high. I think your trying to hard to be the greatest moder. of all time. Slow down a bit.
Old 05-10-2006, 04:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bodido
ccm399... so true.

I don't know of anyone who paid more than $600 for an Xray, and I know a bunch of people that run them.

Their parts prices have dropped pretty drastically as well. Xray is honestly one of the cheapest cars to run on the market right now. If you race an entire season on an Xray you have so little wear compared to most other brands. The drivetrains are awesome. Gears, universals, outdrives, etc, are so durable and long wearing. Most of the suspension wear is concentrated on the $4 a bag eccentric bushings. You replace all of those and all the slop is gone again.
Not to mention how complete the kit is as far as option parts needed goes, haha!
Old 05-10-2006, 04:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Also, the team driver support and XForum are second to none. +1 Rocco ...

-Adam
Old 05-10-2006, 07:02 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ccm399
AW, you do know you can get an Xray XB-8 tq kit for under $560 pretty much any where right????? Compare this the the over $650 for the prospec and over $700 for the SP2 and the xray car is a great value.

Chris
It is true that the Price of X-Ray XB8 TQ has dropped "A lot" since the first time they introduce the kit. But that's only the case in North America. In other place of the World the price of an XB8 TQ is still more than $650. In Asia, and XB8 TQ, Prospec and SP2 is basically in the same pricelevel.

It's all in the marketing strategy...

A.W (no...not that AW )
Old 05-10-2006, 07:14 PM
Tech Elite

Haha...I've been caught off-guard by you signing off with those initials!
Old 05-10-2006, 11:45 PM
Tech Adept

Haha...I've been caught off-guard by you signing off with those initials!
Aaron, we only have same initials...completely different name.
By the way, even though the 8ight is using S.A.E hardware, I presume the wheel hex are 17mm metric right?

A.W (no...not that AW )
Old 05-11-2006, 12:51 AM
Tech Elite

Oh I know our names aren't the same..it just cracks me up to see "A.W.".

Yes, the 8IGHT will have standard hexes. Losi's 1/8th scale wheels will be used on the new car, and they fit other buggies as well.
Old 05-11-2006, 01:56 AM
Tech Adept

Oh I know our names aren't the same..it just cracks me up to see "A.W.".

Yes, the 8IGHT will have standard hexes. Losi's 1/8th scale wheels will be used on the new car, and they fit other buggies as well.
I personally don't care if it use Metric or S.A.E as long as the wheel hex is standard...

Can't wait to get my hand on that car...

A.W (no...not that AW )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.