Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

*SOCAL raceway* offroad thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 01:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 117 (100%+)

yea i guess that WOULD suck...but i still think the best sollution to this would get alot of people together...w/ a petition or something..or give suggestions..and that could change the problem
Old 08-07-2006, 03:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Frank, no offence man,but you're spoiled with RC racing. Try racing motocross and see how expensive it is. Race days are $10 for everyone to get in including spectators, and it's another 35 to race each class. Practice days are 20 for each bike.

I will gladly pay the extra money just to keep the place open. I race 2 classes everytime and it still only cost me $27.00 for 7 hours of entertainment.My wife plays Ice Hockey at it cost 22 bucks a game and it only last 1 hour and a half.So I think even with the raise in prices its's still a great deal.

Also being a business owner myself, I see nothing wrong with them being in it only for the money. Most of us go to work only for the money.

Scott
Old 08-07-2006, 03:44 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Scott-- I doubt they are making money. The raise i'm sure is just to keep the doors open.

I am not sure there are any tracks in southern cally that are actually making money. There are hobby shops that are making good money but to do it with a track is very hard to do. I have talked with many of the track owners over the years and non of them have made consistant money over the long haul.

I agree wtih Scott on the value. A new track every 3-4 weeks, electricty, a roof over your head and nice pit area and 7 hours of entertainment for $15! Still be best deal in town! Lets just hope the doors stay open so we have someplace nice to play with our cars.
Old 08-07-2006, 04:57 PM
Tech Regular

Casper, I wasn't saying they are making money, but if they are, it doesn't bother me at all. I wouldn't care if they were making millions(which we know they aren't) I would be happy for them. I get my money's worth everytime I go there.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, I know how good we have it at SoCal and I don't take it for granted thats its there.

Coming from a motocross background,I have seen too many good tracks close down. So if it takes raising the prices by 5 bucks to keep the doors open, I will gladly pay it.
Old 08-07-2006, 06:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Jim and Lana don't care about anyone or anything that isn't green....
If it wasn't for them I would have never got my first XXT; 14 years ago! They raised money for me and give my parents a cut. For a FULL race setup. I at least owe my R/C life to them.
Old 08-07-2006, 07:20 PM
Tech Addict

If raising racing costs and reducing racebucks is what it takes to keep SoCal open, then so be it...
What I'd love to see SoCal do with any extra profit, though, is advertise. I can remember when we'd get 10+ heats of onroad racing on a Saturday night. Things have fallen off considerable, and SoCal has made no efforts that I have seen to draw in new racers. I think SoCal should try to work something out with the Hobby People down the street and Ultimate Hobbies... perhaps a free race entry with every electric kit sold, or even just leave some flyers at the counter. Heck, maybe they could even work something out with the Jack in the Box in the parking lot or Chipotle across the street or something.
I heard, though, that a radio station is coming to SoCal to promote Jim and Lana's skateboarding dog. Hopefully that'll stir up a little more interest.

Hey Moto67e, are you racing this week?
Old 08-07-2006, 07:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SoCalLosiRacer
If raising racing costs and reducing racebucks is what it takes to keep SoCal open, then so be it...
What I'd love to see SoCal do with any extra profit, though, is advertise. I can remember when we'd get 10+ heats of onroad racing on a Saturday night. Things have fallen off considerable, and SoCal has made no efforts that I have seen to draw in new racers. I think SoCal should try to work something out with the Hobby People down the street and Ultimate Hobbies... perhaps a free race entry with every electric kit sold, or even just leave some flyers at the counter. Heck, maybe they could even work something out with the Jack in the Box in the parking lot or Chipotle across the street or something.
I heard, though, that a radio station is coming to SoCal to promote Jim and Lana's skateboarding dog. Hopefully that'll stir up a little more interest.

Hey Moto67e, are you racing this week?
i think advertising is a great idea....if they made fliers (i can get some copies at my dad's work for free i think..) i would grab a bunch and definately pass them around. fliers around the businesses around socal would be great...i wonder how much a little tv commerical would cost

maybe we can even get outdoor channel (inside rc show) to come and do a little show on socal...spruce up the place and show it off..definately would pull in some people.
Old 08-07-2006, 10:01 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by tripthreat
How often do you go to the track? What like maybe once a week? I am there 3-4 times every week. I really see what is going on there. For most their regular customers, that is 3 more dollars 2-3 times a week, and for someone like the Schatzleins (sp?) That is another $9 every race night, and how many fewer hobby dollars? So maybe like $12-15 more expensive over night. I understand inflation, and I don't have a problem with higher prices, but $3 at a time.

For a racer without a personal transponder, $18 for a club race. JBRL, $25 first entry, 15 2nd, 3rd, 4th. Think about all the extra things you get at a JBRL race compared to a friday night at Socal. Tell me that's not wrong. Where would you rather spend your money...
Well, the family deal is that its full price for the first entry and then 10 for the rest. So before its been 32$. If it stays like that, we can live with the extra 3$ we have to pay (my dad would give me 40$ to sign up, so I'd pocket the 8$ ).

I think we may start only going once a week though, to help keep the expenses low. So we have some extra money to pay for new holeshots so I don't have to go out to a holeshot track and run my hurting Komodos :/. We were also looking into getting a new car (1th scale), so cutting the racing to once a week will allow for over 200$ a month to go to that. We were hurting in the mountains going to Arizona this weekend .
Old 08-07-2006, 11:22 PM
Tech Regular

Jason, I will be there for sure on Wed,

Scott
Old 08-07-2006, 11:29 PM
Tech Elite

yo JD! u gonna be at socal this weekend?

aye erik t( t) for outbidding me on that auction
Old 08-08-2006, 12:02 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by moto67e
Jason, I will be there for sure on Wed,

Scott
cool.... have you driven on the new layout? The racing is pretty close on it. And there's no "Hobby-Shop Jump" (as Kyle C would say)... as in "you don't land it right, you're going to the hobby shop".
Old 08-08-2006, 12:13 AM
Tech Regular

Jason. I drove the new layout last Wed. I haven't made my mind up if I like it or not. I did win 2wd mod though, since you weren't there.LOL
Old 08-08-2006, 07:01 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

The new layout is fun. The section to left far side of the track is "interesting" Not sure that section was ment to be that rough but the track has pretty good flow to it. The right side of the track is a little tight for passing but overall it is fun. I think I have come to the conclusion that all tracks are fun when they are new!
Old 08-08-2006, 09:32 AM
Tech Addict

Kyle probably doesn't know who to annoy with me not being there :/. I haven't even run on the new track, although I've been to SoCal to buy some parts.
Old 08-08-2006, 03:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I'll be down Wed and then Sunday with my son...mod buggy, stock truck...bring it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.