Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree62Likes

Team Associated RB10 RTR

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2024, 06:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

It must be geared really low for beginners and bashers. I threw in a 25 tooth pinion last night, I'll see how that feels on 2S. Next stop will be a smaller spur. The temps on the brushless system have always been cool.
Old 01-30-2024, 03:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I run a 75t Spur and 27t Pinion. No problems with temp. 2s Lipo. Transforms its performance really brings the buggy to life.
Old 01-30-2024, 05:53 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Rallyfever
100% agree, I forgot to mention that my son upgraded the servo horn almost right away.

I think associated has plastic horn works for cheap (possibly b74 or earlier b6, I forget which) or obviously a metal one. He did run it like that for a while before getting the upgraded servo. The spring servo saver was actually binding and sending him into the wall at times.
Originally Posted by AntH3000
The standard servo saver is VERY weak , not sure there is any point upgrading servo and keeping that. I'm in a similar position to you and am just keeping the servo and servo saver standard for now. Upgrade would be something like a Savox 1258 with a 25t associated horn , either metal or plastic. Not sure how well that will do with the pounding it might take though...
Planning a trip to a local track on a non-club racing day during their February vacation. Hoping to get some laps in and see how they do. Thinking I might put a better servo and servo horn in my older child's rb10 and pro2sc10 based on how he does.

On that note anyone know which mm 25T clamping horn I would need? 20, 18.5 15.5?

Glad this thread is getting some attention. when I searched it, it hadn't seen any love for a while and I was worried people had given up on this platform.

Old 01-30-2024, 07:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

RB10 is still viable. Heck Lance MacDonald ordered 16 for the novice class of the new Florida RC Championships 10th scale series and they sold out for round 1
rustyus and BlueCollarRC like this.
Old 02-06-2024, 11:17 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BlueCollarRC
Planning a trip to a local track on a non-club racing day during their February vacation. Hoping to get some laps in and see how they do. Thinking I might put a better servo and servo horn in my older child's rb10 and pro2sc10 based on how he does.

On that note anyone know which mm 25T clamping horn I would need? 20, 18.5 15.5?
You need the 15.5 servo horn. I bought part #1366 and it works great. Get rid of the stock servo ASAP. It's sooooo slow.
Old 02-06-2024, 11:19 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Wheel Nut
I run a 75t Spur and 27t Pinion. No problems with temp. 2s Lipo. Transforms its performance really brings the buggy to life.
Just swapped to your gearing setup. You're right, it really wakes up this buggy! Granted I've only tested it on the street in front of my house, but it is certainly quicker than the stock gearing. I have a race this weekend and I'm looking forward to seeing how it does now.

I'm glad to know it's not the brushless system that was holding it back. I was really perplexed that a 3300kV motor would be so slow, but it's just severely under-geared from the factory. Great for bashers and beginners, not for those who want to race an RTR vehicle!
Old 03-26-2024, 04:16 AM
Tech Rookie

Finally got to the LHS with the kids and tried out their indoor carpet track. It is a small technical track and the buggies were great. Being a small track they had plenty of power in stock form, and the stock tires surprisingly had decent traction. I don't think that will be the case next time once they get worn down a bit.

The only part of the track we struggled with was a S turn into a 180 corner. The stock servo with the servo saver was just to slow to go through that section with any speed. We had to crawl through it. Going to try getting rid of the servo saver, but I think the servos will just have to be upgraded as recommended.

Other then that we had a blast and I was impressed with these RTR buggies. Also we had no broken parts even after some rather hard crashes.
AntH3000, jz97ss and 5280RCDriver like this.
Old 03-27-2024, 04:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by macnkitty2002
Just swapped to your gearing setup. You're right, it really wakes up this buggy! Granted I've only tested it on the street in front of my house, but it is certainly quicker than the stock gearing. I have a race this weekend and I'm looking forward to seeing how it does now.

I'm glad to know it's not the brushless system that was holding it back. I was really perplexed that a 3300kV motor would be so slow, but it's just severely under-geared from the factory. Great for bashers and beginners, not for those who want to race an RTR vehicle!
A 3300 kv motor equates to around 15.5 turns so its gonna be a bit slower. Id invest in a HW Justock combo if you haven't switched the motor out already
Old 03-31-2024, 11:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Are these basically a re-issue of the rtr B4.2? I had the FT B4.2 and the chassis looks very similar to the RB10. If that's the case, it looks like BOKI has bodies that will fit this.
Old 03-31-2024, 11:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Beasty Shout
Are these basically a re-issue of the rtr B4.2? I had the FT B4.2 and the chassis looks very similar to the RB10. If that's the case, it looks like BOKI has bodies that will fit this.
B5. I believe. SR10, RB10 and the Short course all share lots of stuff.
Beasty Shout likes this.
Old 03-31-2024, 03:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 119 (100%+)

Yes, 5 series based (metric) as Mr Silverbullet mentions, in spite of the 4 series appearing 'tub style' chassis plate ... all except the ballcups, front steering blocks and front axles, which are 6 series specs ... SC include Pro/Pro2 SC10, Trophy Rat and Reflex DB10 ... not sure, but likely AE's newer short wheelbase offerings as well
Beasty Shout likes this.
Old 03-31-2024, 03:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Silverbullet555
B5. I believe. SR10, RB10 and the Short course all share lots of stuff.
Originally Posted by tomkatn
Yes, 5 series based (metric) as Mr Silverbullet mentions, in spite of the 4 series appearing 'tub style' chassis plate ... all except the ballcups, front steering blocks and front axles, which are 6 series specs ... SC include Pro/Pro2 SC10, Trophy Rat and Reflex DB10 ... not sure, but likely AE's newer short wheelbase offerings as well
seems like this might be the better route as far as parts availability. Been looking for a RM car for nostalgia’s sake. The only downside seems to be the unavailability of clear bodies. They’re all out of stock.
Old 03-31-2024, 06:42 PM
Tech Regular

May I enquire,

Given the RB10 is plastic chassis,

1) can this chassis last a long time

2) will those screws that goes through the chassis holes, will the holes expand after long usage of the buggy ?

Will wait for anyone reply
Old 04-01-2024, 01:50 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by foosoomin
May I enquire,

Given the RB10 is plastic chassis,

1) can this chassis last a long time

2) will those screws that goes through the chassis holes, will the holes expand after long usage of the buggy ?

Will wait for anyone reply
It's fine, my kid has given it a beating and it holds up. Plastic moulded chassis were used for decades in top line race chassis (b4, XX, XXX, RB5 etc) . They fell out of fashion, for reasons of fashion and maybe tooling costs. I can't think of any other good reasons.
Old 04-01-2024, 03:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AntH3000
It's fine, my kid has given it a beating and it holds up. Plastic moulded chassis were used for decades in top line race chassis (b4, XX, XXX, RB5 etc) . They fell out of fashion, for reasons of fashion and maybe tooling costs. I can't think of any other good reasons.
The order over the last 40 years I have been playing.
Plastic
Aluminum
Carbon
Plastic
Aluminum
Will carbon become popular again?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.