Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree62Likes

Team Associated RB10 RTR

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2021, 06:39 PM
Tech Regular

still havent heard anything about these. how many people have one? hows it work? think it would make a good basher? i mostly run on pavement and hard packed dirt with a loose surface, and some short grass
guessing still no word on a truck yet?
Old 12-25-2021, 10:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

A guy at my local track actually has one. He ran it on the carpet with some success but switched to a B6.2 like I have. It is a basher, but you definitely could run it on a dirt track, and even carpet with extra weight towards the front to compensate for the rear motor position.
Old 12-25-2021, 05:59 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Retro_Guy
still havent heard anything about these. how many people have one? hows it work? think it would make a good basher? i mostly run on pavement and hard packed dirt with a loose surface, and some short grass
guessing still no word on a truck yet?

Got one for my daughter for Christmas. Buggies aren't typically the best for bashing but I think this would be OK. I got her this and my son son a pro2sc10 to get their feet wet in this.

They're pretty tunable platforms for rtrs. The plan is to let them run indoor carpet in the novice class this winter. Then see where they are by summer.
Old 12-25-2021, 08:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I checked one out in person at a hobby store, seemed great for what it was.

I want to pick one up next summer to play around with on outdoor tracks but it should be a good basher in general as long as you're not trying to run it in grass.
jtodd57 likes this.
Old 12-26-2021, 06:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by trackdesigner71
Have you tried the current swaybar kit for the B6.2/B6.3?
Haven't tried anything yet. Looking to see if anyone else had before ordering sets to experiment with.
Old 01-03-2022, 06:59 PM
Tech Addict

Welp. Had an old B3 body laying around. Sidepods on the body were too shallow for stock electronics. It was too much of a pita to get it too work.

Of course since the rb10 body doesn't actually go behind the shock towers it was wishful thinking.
Old 04-14-2022, 12:42 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Rb10 rtr

Where is the rb10 rtr made....China or Taiwan? I can't find any box art to verify. Thanks
Old 04-21-2022, 06:59 AM
Tech Rookie

I picked up a used RB10 to see if I want to get into racing at our local track. I took it out a couple of days ago and had a blast. Definitely going back and probably upgrading cars soon but for now I was wondering if it's possible to somehow get more steering from the RB10?

The track is an indoor clay track. I guess I'd call it medium grip but honestly I don't really know yet. Most of the guys were running slicks. I had bar style tires on that are basically slicks in the back but still have light tread in the front. I did wash and sauce my tires thanks to a helpful guy at the track. That helped a little but it still just pushes through any tight turn. I tried moving my battery as far forward as I can but that was a small change that didn't really make a difference. Shocks were rebuilt with 30wt oil. Anything else that I should try?
Old 04-21-2022, 10:07 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by dfinn
I picked up a used RB10 to see if I want to get into racing at our local track. I took it out a couple of days ago and had a blast. Definitely going back and probably upgrading cars soon but for now I was wondering if it's possible to somehow get more steering from the RB10?

The track is an indoor clay track. I guess I'd call it medium grip but honestly I don't really know yet. Most of the guys were running slicks. I had bar style tires on that are basically slicks in the back but still have light tread in the front. I did wash and sauce my tires thanks to a helpful guy at the track. That helped a little but it still just pushes through any tight turn. I tried moving my battery as far forward as I can but that was a small change that didn't really make a difference. Shocks were rebuilt with 30wt oil. Anything else that I should try?
​​​​​​
If you don't want to buy different springs you could try moving the front shock position inwards at either the top or bottom. Bottom usually has a bigger change. Also you could try dropping the inner front camber link down. This will give you more initial turn in. Or softer front springs.
dfinn likes this.
Old 04-21-2022, 10:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

For sure use the same tires and prep technique as the other racers there, proper tires is 95% of it.
RC10Nick, will5879 and dfinn like this.
Old 04-21-2022, 03:16 PM
Tech Adept

After your tire game is on point, I would swap those RTR supplied understeering-easy driving shock springs for something more race worthy... Green V1 fronts and white V1 rears like the original B5. These old rear motor cars like to be driven point and shoot. Use it to your advantage where possible, like those tight 180 corners. Grab brake and let the back end rotate, then punch it. I'm not familiar with the included servo. If it's kinda slow, kinda weak... the steering is bound to feel lazy.
Old 04-21-2022, 03:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

No need to change anything until you get the right tires and then you'll have more traction than you can use.
Second thing to do is get rid of the servo saver which is horribly weak and replace with a solid plastic servo horn, part number 9180 (discontinued, maybe try 91728).

That'll fix 98% of your problem.
Old 04-21-2022, 05:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

On my son's rb10 we swapped out springs, tires and wheels, better servo without servo saver and all exotek aluminum steering. Car handled much better and had much more steering on our local clay track.
Old 04-22-2022, 08:31 AM
Tech Rookie

Good to know. That's probably more than I think I want to invest in this car since it was just a way to dip my toes in but I appreciate the info. I was hoping there would be some free setup things that could be tweaked but I understand the adjustability is limited.

will5879 would these be the right part numbers? 91838 & 91830?

One of my front hinge pins has worked it's way loose and pushed through the front bumper. What holds these in? On other cars I've looked at there is set screws but I don't see any on the RB10.
Old 04-22-2022, 09:39 AM
Tech Adept

No sir, you want 91327 and 91337. Manual shows some M2 X 3mm screws on the pin brace to secure the pins.
dfinn likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.