Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Baseline Speed Control Settings for Tekin RX8

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2020, 10:04 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Baseline Speed Control Settings for Tekin RX8

Hey guys I used to race electric off-road way back when it first began from about 1980 thru 1985. I'm getting back into racing now after about a 35 year break, and the advances in technology are crazy.

I picked up a Tekno EB48 2.0, and it'll ne powered by a Tekin RX8 speed control with a Tekin brushless 1900 KV motor.

There are a ton of parameters to adjust on the speed control, and I really don't know where good starting points would be. Could you guys give me some recommendations for good settings that will make the car easy to drive while I'm learning this sport all over again!

Here are some of the parameters:

Drag Brake

Active Drag (on or off)

Brake Minimum

RPM Brake

Active Brake

Brake Frequency

Neutral Width

Torque Level

Throttle Minimum

Throttle Frequency

Also, on my Samwa M17 Transmitter, there is the ability for anti-lock brakes. Does anyone run that with success ?

Thanks a bunch guys
Old 09-13-2020, 09:31 AM
Tech Regular

Location: northern Indiana southern Michigan all depends on the day.

*drag brake around 10-15%,

*active drag all it does is turn on drag brake as your releasing throttle instead after hitting 0 throttle point try it both ways depending one my car i like it both ways.

*brake mini i dont use proble should tune

*rpm brake l dont use can remeber why(thinking about it i think it booters the brakes at lower rpm for motors with more windings so thay dont experence brake fad as the car slows i think i setmy to 0 or leave as it(adds lot of heat to the motor sends revs current to improve braking....i think active braking does the same thing to but only at the top end. both will drive temps and make you want a fan. turboalso drives temp to and torque level)

*active brake wasn't that the same as active brake... lol jk its a boot for for braking at qucik jabs for getting that frount end down or motors with low braking im usully around 2-3

*braking frequency 6000

*neutral width i don't touch

*torque lvl 4-5(helps redose excessive wheel spin,and greatly increase battery life) turn as needed

*minimum throttle that you need to tune your self

*throttle frequency 120000k kinda like traction control on accelerating not really but best i can explane it(120000 smooth 1000 ruff and hard)

*switch turbo to custom 6 switch advance turbo... turbo time to 0

never tried out anti-lock brakes but im shure it similer to brake frequency but active brake will probable engage in this methad as abs pulses the brake input from 0 to brake input from the controller, this will make active brake engage locking the wheels up harder. so if you want to try it i would suggest turning active brake down to 0 ur as little as your can stand. the abs is really a nirto/gas motor thing as braking is harder to control and get that roll thro the corner or not lock so we can still control (steer) i nitro guy would probable be able to help you more on that.

but anyway no i dont run abs/anti-lock brakes in my electric

sorry i kanda rambled and my spelling/writing gramers not the best

Last edited by killer rock; 09-13-2020 at 09:32 AM. Reason: making easier to desifer
Old 09-13-2020, 08:25 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

To get started I would recommend using default settings on most, see notes below. There is a good explanations on the Tekin website that will give you detail on what each setting does. My settings are for a SCT with a RX8 Gen3 and a Tekin 4600.

Originally Posted by swatdoc
Brake Strength- set to 100%, you will turn this down in your radio. I run mine between 85-90%.

Drag Brake - try setting to 10% after you get used to your buggy. I run mine at 10%.

Active Drag (on or off) -off to start... give it a try later. I have mine on.

Brake Minimum

RPM Brake

Active Brake

Brake Frequency -allows more trigger steps between neutral and full brake. Same with the Throttle Freq. I have mine set at 8000.

Neutral Width - comfort level between brake and throttle.. I use 15

Torque Level - turn it down to 6 or 7 to get started. I actually run mine at 7.

Throttle Minimum - adjust this to match your trigger to the light on the ESC. As you apply throttle, the fist light will come on. You wheel should begin to turn at this point. I have mine set at 3.

Throttle Frequency

Also, on my Samwa M17 Transmitter, there is the ability for anti-lock brakes. Does anyone run that with success ? -not used by most due to the above settings you can use.

Thanks a bunch guys
Old 09-14-2020, 12:01 PM
Tech Initiate

Thank you so much KR & LS. That helps a lot.
I have watched the Tekin videos - they explain what the setting does, but don’t tell you recommenced settings for 1/8 Offroad buggies. Their videos are very generic

again, thank you!

Last edited by swatdoc; 09-16-2020 at 10:29 PM.