Search
Like Tree5Likes

Cleaning Spray for R/C Vehicles

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2019, 10:27 AM
Tech Adept

Default Cleaning Spray for R/C Vehicles

Hey All,
I'm hoping someone might be able to help me remember a product I discovered recently. I forgot the name & have come up empty trying to find it with the Google machine. Anyway, it was a cleaning spray that's safe to blast your entire car with to clear out debris & gook that's collected in nooks & crannies. It is intended specifically for R/C vehicles & you don't even have to dry it! I came across it while looking for a motor/bearing cleaner, and if it works, would be a gigantic time saver.

Anyone heard of this particular product or something similar?

Thanks!

Old 01-09-2019, 11:06 AM
Tech Lord

Cleaning putty
Old 01-09-2019, 11:13 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I don't use anything specific for RC cars but Simple Green and Compressed air has served me well.
Dane, ZEe_NYC, Billy Kelly and 1 others like this.
Old 01-09-2019, 11:45 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Amain has a few on their site:

https://www.amainhobbies.com/muchmor...mr-sc3/p632509
Old 01-09-2019, 11:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by djgrom
I don't use anything specific for RC cars but Simple Green and Compressed air has served me well.
I use this as well.

It's starting not to work too good
Old 01-09-2019, 02:56 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Simple Green to clean with and spray it with Maxima SC1 . SC1 = New car in a can lol . plus it helps the dirt release when it gets dirty
Old 01-09-2019, 04:08 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Racer56556
Simple Green to clean with and spray it with Maxima SC1 . SC1 = New car in a can lol . plus it helps the dirt release when it gets dirty
Ooh that smell
Old 01-09-2019, 04:20 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Racer56556
Is that stuff like Moo Slick? I am generally very lazy about cleaning the clay/dirt off my cars from the track except for knocking off large chunks.. figured I would try and find something safe and easy that doesn't harm other parts.

Do you put the body on and spray down the outside? or do you break the car down and treat the parts?

Edit - meh never mind I won't really bother with it, will just stick with the basic knocking stuff off and wipe with a rag.. maybe get some dry silicon spray to put on the rag.
Old 01-09-2019, 09:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

for portable compressed air get a small barbecue size propane tank and install a short hose with a air nozzle... simply get it pumped up and keep it in your pits.. use a small brush of some sort for the chunky stuff of your car and then blast it with air from your tank...
Old 01-10-2019, 06:25 AM
Tech Master

I use no-stick food spray on underside of body.. ( just the wheel well areas )..

greatly reduces the dirt sticking to underside of body on damp days.. ( during a race )

when I get home.. I just dunk the body in a bucket of water with a little liquid dish-washing stuff, for a few minutes.

works for me.
Old 01-10-2019, 06:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

Any brand of furniture polish spray works great, spray it on and let it soak for a few minutes to let it work it's magic then blow off with compressed air, car looks better than new with a protective film that is less likely to attract dirt later.

I used to use Simple Green but it tends to get into the pins of the arms which will cause rust to form and prematurely wallow out the arms, don't have this problem with furniture spray.... I buy the cheap generic spray from WalMart for $1.88/can
Old 01-10-2019, 06:31 AM
Tech Adept

I use WD-40 on my 1:8 buggy that I drive on dirt.
Spray some WD-40, wait a minute, then I use the air compressor to blow the dirt away.
Works for me.
Slashripper likes this.
Old 01-10-2019, 02:43 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by socalcloin
Is that stuff like Moo Slick? I am generally very lazy about cleaning the clay/dirt off my cars from the track except for knocking off large chunks.. figured I would try and find something safe and easy that doesn't harm other parts.

Do you put the body on and spray down the outside? or do you break the car down and treat the parts?

Edit - meh never mind I won't really bother with it, will just stick with the basic knocking stuff off and wipe with a rag.. maybe get some dry silicon spray to put on the rag.
I pretty much take the battery off the car and douse it with Simple Green and immediately spray it with compressed air. It makes the car like new. I honestly was doing what alot of other people were doing with like a soft brush and rag until I did my first off road race and I sat right next to the track air compressor. Then I was like oh man...so that is why all of your cars are mint condition. Haven't had an issue with it getting in the electronics either but with the compressed air it goes on and sprays off instantly. No need to use a soft brush or anything. It is also really great for making sure suspension is super clean.

Anyways though. There is multiple ways to skin a cat and each has its pros and cons.
Old 01-10-2019, 03:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Simple green to cut the dirt and grease, paper towels and compressor to get clean, furniture polish to protect and shine.
Old 01-19-2019, 11:56 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks for the tips- lots of good info here; much obliged!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.