Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree170Likes

Yokomo YZ-2T 2WD ST truck

Hide Wikipost
Old 11-05-2018, 08:42 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Yokomo YZ-2T 2WD ST truck
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Cain
Yokomo YZ-2T details to include setup
3 Pad Slipper Conversion Parts needed:
  • YOKS4-303OP Slipper Outer Plate
  • YOKS4-303P1 Slipper Pate Disc Plate
  • YOKB2-670C Slipper Pad (need 1 of these)
Stock Spring Measured Rating (By Neal Lewis)
  • Front: 7.17 n/cm 4.10 lb/in 54.5mm length
  • Rear: 3.77 n/cm 2.15 lb/in 72mm length

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2019, 08:22 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cweb
Thanks for the intel on the battery mounts.what mm servo arm is good for the truck? if I strip to many of the composite ones I will look into them.
I used 17mm based on the manual and liked it a lot. The yokomo one is pretty beefy. I got my angle corrected on the steering mount and had no issues this past weekend related to that.

really great vehicle, buddy of mine with a YZ2T took the win, watching him and another driver battling it out in the amain was something to see!
cweb likes this.
Old 01-18-2019, 12:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 104 (100%+)

New truck new paint. Built it to the kit setup with heavier oil in the shocks and 1mm inside the front shocks instead of 2mm. Took the truck out for the first time and was able to tq and win.

1st heat the truck felt slow. I was able to tq, but it felt off. It was a little loose and stiff, the looseness might have just been due to the track and fresh tires (Other guys complained it was a little slick out there so could have just been the track). There is a decent sized triple on the backside of the track that was kind of hit or miss so I wound up double-singleing it most of the time to play it safe and lost a lot of time. The triple is tricky for a few reasons. There is a 90 degree left at the base of the landing. You need a good amount of speed to clear it, if you come up short you end up casing the back end and flipping up in your lid. If you overshoot it you wind up it the loose stuff and spinning out. You pretty much have to hit it dead on to be able to make the corner and stay in the groove.

2nd heat I added a heavier battery (went from orion 3800 xs to orion 5500 which added about 60 grams), dropped the oil weight back down to the kit oil. Was able to tq myself and the truck handled much better. The back triple again was tough to get, but the grip was better so I was able to make up more time when I did triple. When I didn't feel like I had the drive I double-singled it. The truck seemed like it did not want to turn in the tight 180s unless I hit the brakes and swung it around, but didn't want to do that because too much and it lost the rear end when I got back on power.

3rd heat the truck felt great. Only change I made was lowering the ride height in the front. The grip came up in and the truck handled as good as I could ask for. I again set the tq, got an extra lap in because I was able to triple the back section almost every lap. Only time I didn't was a few laps when I was in traffic. That was more out of caution than not being able to do it, I just didn't want to get tangled up with them in the air.

A-Main I did not change a thing and the truck felt like it did in heat 2, maybe a little better. Not the trucks fault I didn't change a thing. The track got watered more than previous rounds and there wasn't as much time in between the last heat and the main. We were bumped back in the running order and by the time we ran there were still slick/glossy spots on the track. I double-singled the triple every lap to stay consistent. No sense chancing it in the main. I lost about a half second on my fast lap and over all each lap. I actually got jumped over by second place on the first lap on the triple and had to follow for a few laps before I was able to get back around him. After that ran consistent laps didn't wreck and was able to get the win.

I am curious to see how the different buggy rear springs work on the front of the truck so I threw a set on and will test it out tomorrow before the heats begin.

Cain, petersen114 and LOW ET like this.
Old 01-22-2019, 08:50 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

I have a quick question, really liking the looks and features of this truck. But, I am curious what offset the wheels are? I have LOADS of AE and TLR wheels/tires already and am not interested in buying another complete setup, are either of these compatible ?
Thanks!
Old 01-22-2019, 12:10 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by thecman26
I have a quick question, really liking the looks and features of this truck. But, I am curious what offset the wheels are? I have LOADS of AE and TLR wheels/tires already and am not interested in buying another complete setup, are either of these compatible ?
Thanks!
Same as AE offset. The ones sold in the Yokomo packaging are jconcepts rims.
Old 01-24-2019, 08:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mes
I am going for the gear diff, upper and lower aluminum front arm mounts, Techra bulkhead mounts, electronics weight and front sway bar. The buggy set will provide the hardware, but I 've got an old 1.4 sway bar and some 1.5 wire waiting just in case. Maybe I'll also add a thinner rear one, Shin used 1.4/1.2 at the EOS.
I' ll start with 37.5/32.5 wt and the kit springs, but I guess I'll end up with either Racing Performer purple/black or black/orange. Our track favors carpet-like set-ups.
i trid the 1.5 bar last night and it took away too much rotation on Home Depot carpet running jconcepts tires with dirt tech inserts in the front. Gonna try to figure out a way to soften up the inserts, and go to a smaller bar (have the official front yokomo swaybar kit). See if I can add a tad of roll so it doesn’t snap roll. Other then that the truck is getting really good.
Old 01-26-2019, 07:29 AM
mes
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jpcopeland1

i trid the 1.5 bar last night and it took away too much rotation on Home Depot carpet running jconcepts tires with dirt tech inserts in the front. Gonna try to figure out a way to soften up the inserts, and go to a smaller bar (have the official front yokomo swaybar kit). See if I can add a tad of roll so it doesn’t snap roll. Other then that the truck is getting really good.
Maybe it is down to the dirt tech inserts. While they are great for the crappy Schumacher stager ribs, most carpet tires are best used with standard foams. Shin's Nürburgring EOS set-up is spot on for EOS carpet also with JConcepts tires. Some different weight options and the 0.5mm steering plates aside (Techra bulkhead mounts and aluminium lower arm mount instead of steel), I copied this set-up at Racing Arena Limburg and did not change a thing, it was so good!
Old 01-27-2019, 06:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mes
If you are running on low traction, run the diff low to increase forward bite and it shouldn't happen. If are running on high traction and running the diff high, increase your rear track width with the pills and it shouldn't happen.
Another question about this problem.....................
Facts, gear diff installed, Shin's set up (more or less) as posted on Petit.
Under compression at 11mm ride height my bones are bottomed out in the cups shocks are wayyyyy away from bottoming.
In first pic you can see the bone bottomed out as well as to the right the fact the shock is not even close to full compression.
2nd pic is just showing the fact that I am 11mm off getting the chassis to flat land.
Old 01-27-2019, 08:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by GiMLit
Another question about this problem.....................
Facts, gear diff installed, Shin's set up (more or less) as posted on Petit.Under compression at 11mm ride height my bones are bottomed out in the cups shocks are wayyyyy away from bottoming.In first pic you can see the bone bottomed out as well as to the right the fact the shock is not even close to full compression.2nd pic is just showing the fact that I am 11mm off getting the chassis to flat land.
Your truck probably has the 89mm driveshafts which will cause this issue. The newer trucks have 87.5mm driveshafts.
Old 01-28-2019, 06:29 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Ostach24

Your truck probably has the 89mm driveshafts which will cause this issue. The newer trucks have 87.5mm driveshafts.
Can I ask where is it you learned of this problem? And the solution? As a reseller I do my best to know of issues and the solutions to products I sell. I found this issue on my own vehicle but had it been on a kit someone had purchased I would want to know the resolution and where I could source parts to correct it. Crappy to sell a kit for over $500 and not have a solution so someone can run it.

For anyone else having this issue the part # for the 87.5 dogbone is Z2-01075B. Unfortunately Amain does not have a listing for that part # I am looking into when they might have it.
Old 01-28-2019, 07:06 AM
Tech Elite

Can I ask where is it you learned of this problem? And the solution? As a reseller I do my best to know of issues and the solutions to products I sell. I found this issue on my own vehicle but had it been on a kit someone had purchased I would want to know the resolution and where I could source parts to correct it. Crappy to sell a kit for over $500 and not have a solution so someone can run it.

For anyone else having this issue the part # for the 87.5 dogbone is Z2-01075B. Unfortunately Amain does not have a listing for that part # I am looking into when they might have it.
1 I have 2 trucks.
2 I looked on facebook thread after building second truck.
The first kit I built I noticed it was binding up with the center dot pills so I put .5 pills facing out to give more room and it didn't bind up. I didn't think anything of it, just assumed parts/manual error. I later (recently) bought a second kit and didn't have the issue. I did however have a binding issue in the rear hub bearings. When I tightened up the rear wheels they didn't want to spin. I pulled both trucks apart to see if there was a difference in the crush tube width and there wasn't. I am guessing the inside of the hubs were just slightly wider so I put a wider crush tube in between the bearings and that got rid of the rear wheel binding/not spinning when I tighten the wheel down. When inspecting the crush tubes, bearings, hubs, etc I noticed the new truck had shorter driveshafts, looked at the numbers and one said 89mm the other said 87.5mm
I was curious so began looking around in the different threads and saw someone had posted about these issues in the facebook thread.
Looks like others had the same issue with the driveshafts/outdrives and there is a running change in the kits to address it. New kits you can run the pills with the dots in the center and also to the inside with no binding. Older kits you're stuck with running the pills to the outside.
Old 01-28-2019, 07:13 AM
Tech Regular

1 I have 2 trucks.
2 I looked on facebook thread after building second truck.
The first kit I built I noticed it was binding up with the center dot pills so I put .5 pills facing out to give more room and it didn't bind up. I didn't think anything of it, just assumed parts/manual error. I later (recently) bought a second kit and didn't have the issue. I did however have a binding issue in the rear hub bearings. When I tightened up the rear wheels they didn't want to spin. I pulled both trucks apart to see if there was a difference in the crush tube width and there wasn't. I am guessing the inside of the hubs were just slightly wider so I put a wider crush tube in between the bearings and that got rid of the rear wheel binding/not spinning when I tighten the wheel down. When inspecting the crush tubes, bearings, hubs, etc I noticed the new truck had shorter driveshafts, looked at the numbers and one said 89mm the other said 87.5mm
I was curious so began looking around in the different threads and saw someone had posted about these issues in the facebook thread.
Looks like others had the same issue with the driveshafts/outdrives and there is a running change in the kits to address it. New kits you can run the pills with the dots in the center and also to the inside with no binding. Older kits you're stuck with running the pills to the outside.
Awesome, thanks so much for your reply. I believe you are a member of the Yokomo YZ-2 & YZ-4 group. When I looked in that group for this issue I didn’t see it, I certainly might have missed it. I recalled seeing something in this thread but when I looked through it I didn’t see comments regarding production changes etc..
Are their other groups you would suggest I join as well?

Old 01-28-2019, 07:48 AM
Tech Elite

Awesome, thanks so much for your reply. I believe you are a member of the Yokomo YZ-2 & YZ-4 group. When I looked in that group for this issue I didn’t see it, I certainly might have missed it. I recalled seeing something in this thread but when I looked through it I didn’t see comments regarding production changes etc..
Are their other groups you would suggest I join as well?

You're welcome, that's what these forums are for.
You have to look a good ways back in the facebook thread... December 30th post by Yavuz Jack Kura
Old 01-28-2019, 09:23 AM
Tech Regular

You're welcome, that's what these forums are for.
You have to look a good ways back in the facebook thread... December 30th post by Yavuz Jack Kura
Update on AMain, they were not aware of the issue or the part #.
They will have them in stock in 7-10 days provided Yokomo has them available.

Old 01-28-2019, 09:43 AM
Tech Elite

I will post an update on this past weekend later today when I get some time. We got canceled on the 19th due to the storm and turnout. Those of us there were able to use it as a practice/test and tune day for the new track layout

Old 01-29-2019, 08:19 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Center Link

Hey
Does anyone have an extra center link from the Truck Kit (Z2-200NT) ? I don't want a replacement one, they are different. I want to use it on the buggy.

Part from kit itself

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.