Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree170Likes

Yokomo YZ-2T 2WD ST truck

Hide Wikipost
Old 11-05-2018, 08:42 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Yokomo YZ-2T 2WD ST truck
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Cain
Yokomo YZ-2T details to include setup
3 Pad Slipper Conversion Parts needed:
  • YOKS4-303OP Slipper Outer Plate
  • YOKS4-303P1 Slipper Pate Disc Plate
  • YOKB2-670C Slipper Pad (need 1 of these)
Stock Spring Measured Rating (By Neal Lewis)
  • Front: 7.17 n/cm 4.10 lb/in 54.5mm length
  • Rear: 3.77 n/cm 2.15 lb/in 72mm length

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2018, 11:53 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mes
Yes, that's my set-up! I used some simple needle nose pliers to modify the B-Max4 wire and took the YZ-2 front sway bars as a template. However, there is no need for the double bend and I ended up bending the wire slightly more backwards because it touched the upper arms.
Unfortunately I haven't heard anything about Yokomo truck springs other than the kit set so far. They seem decent, but are too long for running on carpet. I think I'll shoot Shin a few lines via Facebook.
Any of the current swaybar sets on amain you recommend to give a go?

I wonder if I could mod some tekno eb410 sway bars ... have a variety of them here.

Shot a message via facebook to I think you lol
Old 10-10-2018, 03:36 PM
Tech Legend

lol so annoying ...

so the truck is here in the the city, but UPS won't let me pick it up. It has to be attempted to be delivered I guess by the post office, which won't try doing that till Friday ... Hooray ....
Old 10-10-2018, 04:26 PM
mes
Tech Elite

FYI thicker sway bar and truck springs are already in the works!
Cain likes this.
Old 10-11-2018, 10:41 AM
Tech Legend

alright so we are going to try this again ... This time its actually on a delivery truck!
Old 10-11-2018, 11:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

hoping for a decent looking body to be released as that jc body is hideous. anybody try a stock t6 body yet?
also curious if the side rails with the battery hold downs will fit the buggy.
mes likes this.
Old 10-11-2018, 11:49 AM
mes
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ShtLuck
hoping for a decent looking body to be released as that jc body is hideous. anybody try a stock t6 body yet?
also curious if the side rails with the battery hold downs will fit the buggy.
Yes, yes, and yes.
There needs to be a JConcepts Hi-Flow or something similar, the F2's nicer sections don't make up for the front. As the F2 is originally a T6.1 body and even the mounting holes are the same, the T6.1 Enforcer is a direct fit. Two out of two YZ-2T drivers tested it on our outdoor track last weekend, and two out of two felt it was smoother to drive, but suspected the F2 would be faster indoors. The side rails directly bolt onto the buggy chassis, there have been quite a few pics already on facebook. If I should ever manage to break my two or three remaining top decks on the CA, I'll also use the truck top deck, which has more material in key areas.
Old 10-11-2018, 01:27 PM
Tech Legend

personally the body has grown on me lol.

I should be able to see soon as I get home lol.
LOW ET likes this.
Old 10-11-2018, 08:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Ewe Gross Cain!!!

This lid is worse than Hobby-Pro's stadium truck lid and that one was pretty atrocious!
This thing is hideous in every way, from every and any angle. Yokomo really missed with this lid.
This needs to be re-visted by a DESIGNER who knows aero and aesthetics so they can release something that looks every bit the part.
Old 10-11-2018, 09:20 PM
mes
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by the incubus
Ewe Gross Cain!!!

This lid is worse than Hobby-Pro's stadium truck lid and that one was pretty atrocious!
This thing is hideous in every way, from every and any angle. Yokomo really missed with this lid.
This needs to be re-visted by a DESIGNER who knows aero and aesthetics so they can release something that looks every bit the part.
It's a COTS JConcepts body.
I like the F2 step-down section, and aero is actually really good. It jumped flatter than the proline body, but felt a bit more edgy - which is a good thing on tight carpet tracks.
Another update on springs in which I have to somewhat contradict my previous statement on AE V2 springs: Shin currently uses orange / yellow for EOS carpet. For me this means revisiting the OOP Yokomo B-Max 4 springs, which felt about the same and were the reason why I happily gave away the V2 springs together with my B6.1. 😋
Old 10-12-2018, 10:38 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by the incubus
Ewe Gross Cain!!!
lol yeah I don't know why it is growing on me. Maybe its some of the paint jobs I have seen an all.

Hope to get some building going this weekend. Class with 13.5 boosted. Also trying out one of those new surpass v4s motors as well. If all goes right, I may actually get it on track for a bit.
LOW ET and mes like this.
Old 10-13-2018, 06:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mes
Yes, yes, and yes.
There needs to be a JConcepts Hi-Flow or something similar, the F2's nicer sections don't make up for the front. As the F2 is originally a T6.1 body and even the mounting holes are the same, the T6.1 Enforcer is a direct fit. Two out of two YZ-2T drivers tested it on our outdoor track last weekend, and two out of two felt it was smoother to drive, but suspected the F2 would be faster indoors. The side rails directly bolt onto the buggy chassis, there have been quite a few pics already on facebook. If I should ever manage to break my two or three remaining top decks on the CA, I'll also use the truck top deck, which has more material in key areas.
good to know...
i guess its time to order some more parts to use on the buggy.
Old 10-16-2018, 03:11 AM
Tech Adept

Maybe someone can answer my question here...
What tire combo is the way to go in the EOS Truggy class on EOS carpet?
blue/blue or blue/yellow?
With or without inserts?
Thanks!
Old 10-16-2018, 04:06 AM
mes
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by M.Boos
Maybe someone can answer my question here...
What tire combo is the way to go in the EOS Truggy class on EOS carpet?
blue/blue or blue/yellow?
With or without inserts?
Thanks!
blue/blue, fronts with inserts, rears without. I prefer a closed cell insert, e.g. JConcepts Dirt Tech and larger holes in the wheels, 4 to 5 mm.

Old 10-16-2018, 04:42 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mes
blue/blue, fronts with inserts, rears without. I prefer a closed cell insert, e.g. JConcepts Dirt Tech and larger holes in the wheels, 4 to 5 mm.
Thanks!
Do you mean holes in the wheels or in the rims? Front and rear?
Old 10-16-2018, 07:29 AM
mes
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by M.Boos
Thanks!
Do you mean holes in the wheels or in the rims? Front and rear?
I prefer to enlarge the holes in the wheels to ensure they continue to spin true, others use a hole punch (Lochzange) to make holes in the tires. All that matters is getting the air out of the tires quickly when the truck lands. Bigger tires, more air.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.