Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree170Likes

Yokomo YZ-2T 2WD ST truck

Hide Wikipost
Old 11-05-2018, 08:42 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Yokomo YZ-2T 2WD ST truck
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Cain
Yokomo YZ-2T details to include setup
3 Pad Slipper Conversion Parts needed:
  • YOKS4-303OP Slipper Outer Plate
  • YOKS4-303P1 Slipper Pate Disc Plate
  • YOKB2-670C Slipper Pad (need 1 of these)
Stock Spring Measured Rating (By Neal Lewis)
  • Front: 7.17 n/cm 4.10 lb/in 54.5mm length
  • Rear: 3.77 n/cm 2.15 lb/in 72mm length

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2023, 06:20 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Cain
cool, how was the angle of the shocks? Any pics?

*** RACE REPORT ***
RC Underground in MN 2023 - 2024 Winter Series Rnd 1

So at this race would be the debut for me of the SO 2.0, MO 2.0, and my take on a "TO 2.0", an updated YZ2T stadium truck to what I felt would be TO 2.0 specs as much as possible.

The carpet for this year had been updated to EOS Offroad Carpet and the track lengthened with a long wall ride now on one side. Heard estimates of 45 - 48ft x 90 - 100ft or so.
This layout was definitely challenging with some key areas to make a pass as well as a jump on the longest straight that if you hit it oddly could pitch your car upwards onto a flat landing causing a wheelie effect if you pushed it hard.
The Series also attracted even more top flight drivers from around the region bringing the competition level up as well.

*** TO 2.0 ***

Finally a race report on the conversion I have been working on, with pics to follow. I'll detail more of the stuff on the truck later, but in general its all the things you woudl get from the newer cars, but with AE front and rear a-arms for durability and AE 13mm shocks (at least on the rear, my shock bodies for the front didn't come in on time) for the front.
General configuration:
- 1.7mm front, 1.8mm piston rear
- AE 13mm Springs
- Tekin RSX Pro ESC, Tekin Gen4 13.5 Spec Motor with HT Rotor, Tekin T250 Servo, Protek 4800mah Lipo

Going into this one I was excited to see how the truck was going to do with these changes against the field that had the winner of the 13.5 Stadium truck class at the Jconcepts NCTS5 Final at Island Speedway in attendance.
After going through the qualifers, the truck was a bit tippy with the tires I was using and I worked on some pin trimming action and sidewall gluing based on what i thought would work and tips from other in attendence from what they were seeing. This is probably the best part about this area, racers helping racers regardless of skill levels, etc.

In the end I managed to qualify 3rd, just missing out on the 15 lap pace set by the top 2 by less than a second, which, considering how tippy the truck was versus what they were seeing, was pretty good.
As I wanted to stick with what got me to the show, I worked a bit more on the tires versus a tire swap on the rear as I wasnt sure if it would feel consistent through the race. in the end I may have done better with the tire swap but figured lets just see how it goes.

In the main I was happy to see that I was able to battle with the top two, at times leading the race for a stretch of 3 laps. Various errors and the great driving of the competition I ended up finishing 3rd.
All in all I was happy with how this very first outing of these cars went and I am looking forward to seeing what else I can get out of them!

Big thanks goes out to the RC Underground crew, the various racers at the track who mad the race a fun affair, and my sponsors Yokomo, Protek, and Tekin!

Pics to come of the truck! I'll be putting on the 13mm fronts now the bodies came in.
No pics unfortunately. Both the front and rear shocks were leaned in significantly.
Old 11-07-2023, 12:34 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

here is a vid, while its still up (they take them down over time), of the truck running. Again, bit tippy as I am using pindowns on the cheap versus fuzzbites and trimming the outer rows like I do outdoors, these were basically full pin other than 1 full outer row gone. I am going to play a bit more with that.

Go to 6:08:00 to see the main, 3rd position, yes the name they put me under is funny

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1968461476
Old 11-16-2023, 09:02 PM
Tech Legend

Finally had some time to finish the truck as was waiting on my front 13mm shocks. Here are pics! Only AE parts are the 13mm truck shocks,truck a-arms front and rear, and the b74 rear outer hingepins

petersen114, Nosnarb and dub671 like this.
Old 11-24-2023, 07:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Ok. I updated the rear camber block to metal. Also the front kick plate I got metal but seems heavy to me. Steel Maybe? And not aluminum?
front and rear sway bars are on the way. My aka crosslinks or chainlinks are bald from the tdk gen2. Lol.
gonna throw the bars on the front and rear and do some shim work to the front end.
might get metal steer rack and horn too but that all seems fine to me rn.
d

Edit. Got a fancy motor clamp for a fan. See if I can get a 40mm fan mounted cleaner.

Last edited by MonkeyCmonkeyDo; 11-25-2023 at 05:26 PM.
Old 11-24-2023, 07:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

I'd like a metal front camber block but need to switch focus after this as this trucks starting to do what I want. Lol.
d
Old 11-24-2023, 07:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Starting to be consistently slow. Lol. Mid to bump In the B's mains.
Think im sitting 9th out of 20 or so trucks in my series race. Next round is 9th and 10th of dec. Wish me luck! Ill try and get a video up here of this truck racing in action soon.
d
dub671 likes this.
Old 11-24-2023, 07:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

What spur and pinion are you running Cain? 13.5?
no fan? Think I'm running a 25t pinion and no fan last race day. I could smell it this last race day.
D
Old 11-25-2023, 02:58 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by MonkeyCmonkeyDo
What spur and pinion are you running Cain? 13.5?
no fan? Think I'm running a 25t pinion and no fan last race day. I could smell it this last race day.
D
I got a 78T spur gear combined with a 28T pinion from what i recall. I do run a fan also.

Will be trying out some fuzzbite rears here and also got my front tire sidewalls glued now as well to cut down on traction roll. I did trim up the pindowns, taking off 2 rows on each side and that made a big difference. that worked great outdoors on our turf.
MonkeyCmonkeyDo likes this.
Old 11-28-2023, 09:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Got front and rear bars mounted on this truck. Went with the lightest of the 6 hard rears. Think I went lightest of the 3 for the front as well.
d
Cain likes this.
Old 11-29-2023, 12:31 PM
Tech Legend

Gonna give it a go this weekend Round 2 of the RC Underground winter series at warren MN. Got some different tires to try.

Did run it for a heat last night locally, truck was on fire set TQ with it
Nosnarb and MonkeyCmonkeyDo like this.
Old 11-30-2023, 07:40 AM
Tech Adept

I'm tempted to draw up some 3mm shorter shock towers and see what it would cost to have them made. Going back and looking at lap times, my truck was slightly faster with the buggy towers but I didn't like how much I had to lean the shocks over.

Maybe I just need to buy a CNC router and some CF scraps
petersen114 likes this.
Old 12-04-2023, 11:31 AM
Tech Legend

sounds like the issue wit shorter towers realtive to everything else is also the uptravel talking to someone in the know.

*** RACE REPORT ***
RC Underground in MN 2023 - 2024 Winter Series Rnd 2

For this round g
rip on the EOS track was up a bit, and the layout had several fast sections with some very challenging sections especially depending on where on the drivers stand you were. Driving line choice in these areas would be key especially with some of the obstacles being half a lane wide.

TO 1.0 1/10 2wd Stadium Truck