Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Does anyone know how much a pro driver like Kinwald or fransis makes? >

Does anyone know how much a pro driver like Kinwald or fransis makes?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does anyone know how much a pro driver like Kinwald or fransis makes?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2006, 12:15 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jamescam
Unfortunately that is a very big problem in our country. I for one appreciate the job you and other teachers do and actively support local propositions to increase teacher's wages. Thank you for your work and sacrifice.
AMEN to that!! The other most underpaid job in the country? Law Enforcement!!

EA
Old 02-22-2006, 12:56 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yeah, My dad is a retired cop. Now he is a private investigator and he makes almost 8 times what he did before he left.

Jhyten- You need to get your head out of your azz and stop thinking your better then everyone.
Old 02-22-2006, 01:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jhyten
Ok this is to the tough guy who i struck a nerve with. First. All i said was that for being at the ABSOLUTE top of your industry meaning you have hit the glass ceiling and your income can no longer improve 70k is not very much at all. And remember i am also speaking from the standpoing of living in the inland empire in california wehre the MEDIAN home price is about 350k. Of course if you live in montana in a town with a population of 500 and your home costs 50k yes 70k is obviously a lot of money. I am not pig headed like you claim i was just stating facts. I agree that doing what you love is much more important than the amount of money you get paid. I just happen to love something that pays very well. By the way im guessing your income is like 20k per year? Maybe i can help you move out of your mothers house. I have quite a few loan programs available for you. Get back to me
Hello, the pro driver salaries are not my concern as I stated below.

I am not a tough guy - I just dissaprove of you running your mouth about how much money you make and insulting anyone making $70K a year in any city/state. I happen to also live in California where the median house price is $450K. I own my own home and have a professional job such as you. So please stop bragging about your salary, have some respect for the working class, and act like a PROFESSIONAL!!
Old 02-22-2006, 01:30 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Jhyten- You need to get your head out of your azz and stop thinking your better then everyone.[/QUOTE]

Amen! Thanks!
Old 02-22-2006, 01:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Last edited by Tall Can; 02-22-2006 at 07:50 PM.
Old 02-22-2006, 01:43 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Jhyten
Ok this is to the tough guy who i struck a nerve with. First. All i said was that for being at the ABSOLUTE top of your industry meaning you have hit the glass ceiling and your income can no longer improve 70k is not very much at all. And remember i am also speaking from the standpoing of living in the inland empire in california wehre the MEDIAN home price is about 350k. Of course if you live in montana in a town with a population of 500 and your home costs 50k yes 70k is obviously a lot of money. I am not pig headed like you claim i was just stating facts. I agree that doing what you love is much more important than the amount of money you get paid. I just happen to love something that pays very well. By the way im guessing your income is like 20k per year? Maybe i can help you move out of your mothers house. I have quite a few loan programs available for you. Get back to me

What about your moms house that you live in right now... What about the meth lab in your converted bedroom/ outhouse....get out of R/C...
Old 02-22-2006, 02:03 PM
Tech Addict

Tall Can,
I'm not sure if I follow your post. Did you have an interview with one of the r/c manufacturers then turn down their offer since you didn't like the salary? I'm not looking to start anything here (this thread is already volitile enough!) I just couldn't follow your post. I think I was sensing some sarcasm in your post, but I didn't know what you were getting at. I myself am absolutely adicted to this hobby and often thought about trying to get a job with one of the r/c companies. I'm a chemical engineer, so I think the only ones that could use my services would be one of the fuel manufacturing companies. I have no idea what they pay their engineers or if the people that work for them enjoy their jobs. I of course, as many others do, like to think working for one of these companies would be like living in a dream world.....Go to work, make at least the national average salary for your particular expertise, get free equipment, and of course get to go racing all the time!

Anyways, back to the original topic: I've been reading this thread simply because I was hoping that someone with the actual info. would post. I'm just too curious! I've always speculated, but I've never known the actual numbers. Of course, the people with the info won't give it up! Not like that's a bad thing.... us curious people are just dying to know! I always assumed if you are talking about the top 20-30 in the world, those guys will have multiple sponsors. Each one probably pays them a small salary and incentives for doing well. My guess was always between 100-200K... but in reality I don't have a clue. When people mention 40-70K, I assumed that would be from one sponsor (probably the chassis sponsor), but these guys probably make money from a variety of different resources. I'd love to know though the overall number after all incentives and all salaries from the multiple sponsors.
Old 02-22-2006, 03:09 PM
Tech Regular

Red face

Jhyten. I am not sure if your post was directed at me, or not. Your comments did not strike a nerve with me, nor did my comments intend to offend you. I am thankful I have a job, and am thankful I make the money I do. How many points do you charge on your loans. I have some mobile home clients I can send you.
Old 02-22-2006, 03:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I heard they get about 2 to 3k from the smaller sponsors and im not sure on the bigs.
Old 02-22-2006, 03:31 PM
Suspended

Show me the post where i say i am better than everyone. All i said was that 70k isnt very much money. How does that imply that im better than everyone else. I am though you are right about that but still i never actually said it. Now pipe down you two. If you would like to meet me at so cal raceway i will show you in person how i am better than the both of you.

1. I guarantee i am much more handsome
2. I am much more intelligent
3. We can compare tax returns and i guarantee i make more money than you
4. And to top this all of you couldnt even beat me up if you wanted to!
Bahahahahahaha

No but seriously i am better then you two on every social level and class created by society.
Old 02-22-2006, 03:44 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I allways like to find out how full of $hit people are, but you just put it right out on the table for people to look at.
Old 02-22-2006, 03:45 PM
Suspended

Oooooohhh you got me there! Im stumped!
Old 02-22-2006, 04:43 PM
Tech Regular

On-Road or Off-Road?
Old 02-22-2006, 05:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

look at his sig, i'm pretty sure he's off-road.
Old 02-22-2006, 06:10 PM
Tech Regular

if you make so much money why do you live in victorville, i used to live up there and i can tell you victorville is a joke, if you really had money and lived in the desert you would live in apple valley or oak hills and if you tell me you live in spring valley lake thats the biggest joke i can think of and i now understand why your so full of yourself. now i would like to respond to this thread, that when kinwald had his name on everything including motors he was bringing in 100k a year but that is not fact just hear say. but i can tell you the more pro drivers get paid the bigger the hobby will be. if any driver signed a 1,000,000 contract you could bet the popularity of r/c would go thru the roof just like motorcross. right now people don't believe you if you tell them that someone gets paid to race toy cars.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.