Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Does anyone know how much a pro driver like Kinwald or fransis makes? >

Does anyone know how much a pro driver like Kinwald or fransis makes?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does anyone know how much a pro driver like Kinwald or fransis makes?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 08:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

they get paid in free cars, parts, and other stuff from their sponsors. plus, they get to test and design new vehicles.
Old 02-21-2006, 09:58 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I think the key is they get paid to do what they love. Not alot of guys can say that. I dont know about you but if i was getting paid 70k to drive rc cars or work in a office all freaking day and make 100k i would pic the Rc car position..

When you get to do what you love it doesnt take as much $$ to keep you happy..
Old 02-21-2006, 11:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

So true !! I would take 40K to play with toy cars all day long for sure !!!
Old 02-21-2006, 08:04 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jhyten
70k isnt crap! Yes compared to the median income it isnt bad. But when you consider these guys are at the absolute top level of their industry it is very small. You can be a pud in the mortgage industry in california and make double that!
Wow, somebody is full of themselves! This isn't about YOUR studliness. I hope you have enough money saved up for rainy days when the bottom falls out of the California housing market. We all can't have the same insane median income as the mortgage industry. Your double dipping, overcharging, freeloading days will come to an end. Usually people that make that much money don't brag about it and are a little more humble. Sorry that struck a nerve

As for the Pros they are worth every penny. They undergo the same stresses, politics and travel life as any Indy/Nascar/NHRA driver. They are ambassadors for the manufactures they represent. What better way to travel the world for free and get paid for the greatest hobby!
Old 02-21-2006, 09:36 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Pay for a pro driver can be good and bad depending on where you live. Guys that live in Cali and make 70k a year isnt much. But one living in another state 70K is in the upper level of the income chain.

Corally pays 1000.00 plus all expenses to win ANY class with their car...Including STOCK. Thats just for the 50% team. Its more for the 100% drivers.

But there are probably 20-30 (just my guess not based on any facts) drivers in the world that get paid a full salary to just Race and dont actually work at a company during the week. But like Rick said a lot of their income comes from incentives from all their sponsors together.

The big bucks are in 1/8th scale and Gas Ive heard (from a VERY good source) that there is one driver out there with out a contract right now that is looking for 100k a year.

EA
Old 02-21-2006, 10:21 PM
Tech Regular

I heard CEN is offering.
Old 02-21-2006, 11:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Pay for a pro driver can be good and bad depending on where you live. Guys that live in Cali and make 70k a year isnt much. But one living in another state 70K is in the upper level of the income chain.

Corally pays 1000.00 plus all expenses to win ANY class with their car...Including STOCK. Thats just for the 50% team. Its more for the 100% drivers.

But there are probably 20-30 (just my guess not based on any facts) drivers in the world that get paid a full salary to just Race and dont actually work at a company during the week. But like Rick said a lot of their income comes from incentives from all their sponsors together.

The big bucks are in 1/8th scale and Gas Ive heard (from a VERY good source) that there is one driver out there with out a contract right now that is looking for 100k a year.

EA
I'm Guessing Tebo is the 100k man
Old 02-22-2006, 02:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I really have no idea what they make I do remember back when Kinwald first switched from AE to Losi there was rumor that Trinity gave him 40000 and Losi gave him 40000 just to switch not counting anything else. of course I have no idea if any of that is correct or not
Old 02-22-2006, 04:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bone$
I think the key is they get paid to do what they love. Not alot of guys can say that. I dont know about you but if i was getting paid 70k to drive rc cars or work in a office all freaking day and make 100k i would pic the Rc car position..

When you get to do what you love it doesnt take as much $$ to keep you happy..
Very wise words. I agree 100%.
Old 02-22-2006, 04:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ryan C.
As for the Pros they are worth every penny. They undergo the same stresses, politics and travel life as any Indy/Nascar/NHRA driver. They are ambassadors for the manufactures they represent. What better way to travel the world for free and get paid for the greatest hobby!
I agree with this, as well. I can't imagine being a pro driver. Even if I was single, 20, and a stud on the track, I don't know that I'd take a sponsor up on an offer. I LOVE this hobby. I think about it day and night... but it's like reading: it's fun when it's your decision to do it, but the moment someone tells you that you *have* to do it, it sucks.

These guys are constantly traveling. I'm not saying the life totally sucks, but it's not all roses like many people think.
Old 02-22-2006, 10:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

GEEZ, 70K a year for all that sounds pretty nice. I've been teaching for 10+ years, work about 11-12hrs a day, and still making less than 40K a year.
Old 02-22-2006, 11:06 AM
Tech Regular

Smile

In 2005 I was spectating at the Reedy Race of Champions in Aliso Viejo. I didn't know it but I was sitting next to Mr. Losi, Mr. Novak, and the two gentleman that run Airtronics USA. I specifically asked Mr. Losi what a typical top pro got paid. I will not disclose what he told me, but it was an attractive amount. Jhyten I am in the mortgage industry too, and it was still an attractive amount. Getting paid to travel the world, and do soemthing you enjoy. Sounds good to me.
Old 02-22-2006, 11:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Aluma
GEEZ, 70K a year for all that sounds pretty nice. I've been teaching for 10+ years, work about 11-12hrs a day, and still making less than 40K a year.
Unfortunately that is a very big problem in our country. I for one appreciate the job you and other teachers do and actively support local propositions to increase teacher's wages. Thank you for your work and sacrifice.
Old 02-22-2006, 12:04 PM
Suspended

Ok this is to the tough guy who i struck a nerve with. First. All i said was that for being at the ABSOLUTE top of your industry meaning you have hit the glass ceiling and your income can no longer improve 70k is not very much at all. And remember i am also speaking from the standpoing of living in the inland empire in california wehre the MEDIAN home price is about 350k. Of course if you live in montana in a town with a population of 500 and your home costs 50k yes 70k is obviously a lot of money. I am not pig headed like you claim i was just stating facts. I agree that doing what you love is much more important than the amount of money you get paid. I just happen to love something that pays very well. By the way im guessing your income is like 20k per year? Maybe i can help you move out of your mothers house. I have quite a few loan programs available for you. Get back to me
Old 02-22-2006, 12:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I'd race for nothing, just to get free stuff

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.