Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree353Likes

Kyosho Ultima RB7 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 07-26-2018, 08:58 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Kyosho Ultima RB7 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester
Kyosho RB6.6 to RB7 conversion kit RB66TORB7 from Conversion Kit

Parts included (and updated list for RB6.6)

UM703B Front Bulkhead

UM753-1B Shock plastic parts set x 2

UM760 Chassis

UM761 Front suspension arms

UM762 Rear suspension arm

UM763 Front hub carrier

UM764 Wing Stay

UM765 Centre bulkhead (waterfall brace)

UM766 Universal joint ring

UM767 Wing

UMB06 Body

UMD05 Decal sheet

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2021, 11:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ConnaNZ
I just bought the rb7 kit and I'm impressed with the build and quality. However I'm very disappointed before the 1st drive. The "optional" sway bars makes the kit seem incomplete and poor battery foam spacers and brackets are a real dissapointment.

Enough moaning, my main concern bedore I spend more money on this is; Are the sway bars necessary for high traction carpet racing and if it is, are there anyway of fitting some other brand than the unavailable kyosho parts? At the moment I feel that I should have bought another car...

Needing them would depend on your driving style and how fast you are going. I do see a majority of the guys using them.

For the parts, are you unable to find the parts? Amain Hobbies has them and so does eBay. You can also find them on Kyosho's web site. Part numbers are UMW708 and UMW746-01. It's hard to find the compete front kit with the bars, but you can easily find the bats seperate.

Here's a setup sheet that you can start tuning your car with. You can also find a few different setups on the Kyosho site.

ULTIMA RB7_フォント変換_CS5_out (kyoshoamerica.com)
ConnaNZ likes this.
Old 07-26-2021, 02:41 PM
Tech Adept

Does anybody here run their RB7 with a servo saver?
I upgraded my servo to a high-torque model, and within 1 race day I instantly broke an A-arm, and 2 rod ends with hits that were much softer than what the car took before.
My theory is that it's now so stiff, all the stress is being directed to the suspension instead of being softened somewhat by the servo giving.

At any rate - would love recommendations for servo saver model #s that fit under our tight, tight bulkhead.
Old 07-26-2021, 04:42 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Xtracrispy
I upgraded my servo to a high-torque model, and within 1 race day I instantly broke an A-arm, and 2 rod ends with hits that were much softer than what the car took before.
My theory is that it's now so stiff, all the stress is being directed to the suspension instead of being softened somewhat by the servo giving.

At any rate - would love recommendations for servo saver model #s that fit under our tight, tight bulkhead.

You can use the servo saver from the RT6. Don't forget to adjust your servo spacers on the servo mounts.

Old 07-26-2021, 04:43 PM
Tech Elite

When replacing them, get the carbon ones.
Old 07-26-2021, 05:00 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by OffRoadJunkie
When replacing them, get the carbon ones.
Were you referring to the carbon A-arms? I thought they were stiffer, but actually more brittle and less durable as a result

Old 07-26-2021, 08:57 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The kyosho carbon parts are pretty darn good. From my experience the only reason not to use them is on loose, low bite surfaces where the extra flex is needed
Old 07-27-2021, 11:16 AM
Tech Elite

My son, daughter, and myself both drive the RB7. Only my son and daughter have broken the the a rear stock arm. Those arms lasted them about 8 months of hard rookie racing and back yard bashing. When bashing, my kids put SCT tires on them. I replaced all of theirs with the carbon arms, front and back, and haven't had an issue since. I haven't broken any of my arms and I run the stock ones.
Milkdudd likes this.
Old 08-10-2021, 12:54 AM
Tech Adept

Has anyone here purchased the front stabilizer kit for use on carpet?
I'm personally traction rolling a bunch due to the high grip (and my driving), so looking to see if there's anything I can do.
Surprisingly, I couldn't even find a picture on google with this piece mounted. Are the front and rear sway bar lengths the same?
Old 08-10-2021, 12:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I'm personally traction rolling a bunch due to the high grip (and my driving), so looking to see if there's anything I can do.
Surprisingly, I couldn't even find a picture on google with this piece mounted. Are the front and rear sway bar lengths the same?
Are there any front brass weights for the RB7? I think they’re a must for the Cougar LD2 and AE, would be surprised if you could get good performance on the RB7 without something similar.
Old 08-10-2021, 01:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

There is a brass and multiple aluminum front pivot options out there. Remember that the RB6 and RB 6.6 parts are all interchangeable with the RB7.
Old 08-10-2021, 03:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)

Yes, I have them.
They are definitely an upgrade for carpet in reducing precisely traction rolling. As you know the RB7 is super responsive and has steering for days, so quieting it down helps a lot. You may be able to make the rear sway bar work in the front and vice versa with perhaps a few tweaks to the angles.

Also consider changing the Ackerman by placing a shorter ball-stud on the steering plate and making sure the steering plate has the arrow pointing backwards.

Old 08-10-2021, 03:30 PM
Tech Adept

So is that to confirm that the front and rear bars have a different geometry?
I already own the rear bar set, but the fronts are all out of stock. I was only able to snag the mount, and was hoping to reuse the rear bars.

Old 08-10-2021, 03:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)

So is that to confirm that the front and rear bars have a different geometry?
I already own the rear bar set, but the fronts are all out of stock. I was only able to snag the mount, and was hoping to reuse the rear bars.
Not 100% sure about the geometry, but if anything they are close enough where you could make it work. Give it a try now that you have the mount which is by far the more difficult piece to find.
Xtracrispy likes this.
Old 08-14-2021, 11:05 AM
Tech Adept

Gave the front sway bar install a shot last night, leaving info here for anyone who wants to try the same.

Summary: Wow! By far the largest positive improvement I’ve made to my car yet. Totally transformed the way it handles on carpet, I’m able dive into corners and power out without traction rolling now.

details: the full kyosho front sway kit is nowhere to be found nowadays, but the mount is around. The rear sway bars are too long, but the team associated ones for the b6 front fit great. Beyond that you’ll need some ball joints, and sway bar ball connectors. I bought some team associated ball studs, but they’re a smaller ball diameter than the regular 4.8mm on our cars so watch out as you'll need the AE rod ends.

Last edited by Xtracrispy; 08-17-2021 at 11:01 AM.
Old 08-16-2021, 05:49 PM
Tech Adept

Here are some pictures, since I literally couldn't find any pictures or documentation of this part on the internet.
The holder snakes in right under the steering crank arms, and bolts to the bulkhead.
Clearly an afterthought for the kyosho engineers, because you now need to fully disassemble the bulkhead cover brace to swap a sway bar... unless you cut out a larger opening with a dremel.

Other than that, the size and spacing of the AE front sway bars tuck in nicely within the suspension arms to avoid damage or snagging on any carpet during landings. Not much is exposed from the front, and you can barely see it! Very stealth.

Khan48, dmcguire, =Arise= and 2 others like this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.