Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Buggy Electronics help

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2018, 04:05 PM
Tech Initiate

Put in receiver for out cast. No more issues
. How do I troubleshoot whether it's airtronics m11x or the receiver that's the issue?
Old 06-18-2018, 04:11 PM
Tech Elite

a glitch buster will not help. remove center wire on rx plug from esc to rx the add a ubec,, thats your fix keep servo .yes the savox is power hungry .so a 10 amp bec or ubec will be your fix and thats under 10$ online
Old 06-18-2018, 04:45 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robl45
Put in receiver for out cast. No more issues
. How do I troubleshoot whether it's airtronics m11x or the receiver that's the issue?
Plug a different servo into the airtronics receiver and see if it works like normal or not. I had a bad receiver that killed 3 esc's and a motor before I figured out what the problem was.

Originally Posted by the rc guy
a glitch buster will not help. remove center wire on rx plug from esc to rx the add a ubec,, thats your fix keep servo .yes the savox is power hungry .so a 10 amp bec or ubec will be your fix and thats under 10$ online
If you read his post, he tried a bec he already had. The problem didn't go away. Do you know how many amps a servo connector is rated for? If he has a problem where something is browning out the receiver, and he just throws a big bec at it, he will probably damage more electronics when the overheated connector melts. Please stop giving bad advice.
Old 06-18-2018, 04:46 PM
Tech Initiate

I don't know if you read above , but I put in receiver from my sons arrma outcast and now the buggy works without issue. i did also try a UBEC last night. Hobbywing 5amp 7.5 amp peak that has been flawless in my LOSI LST2 conversion for probably 10 plus years. The radio from the outcast had no issues, no glitch buster, no BEC, just works.
Old 06-18-2018, 04:48 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by urnotevenwrg2
Plug a different servo into the airtronics receiver and see if it works like normal or not. I had a bad receiver that killed 3 esc's and a motor before I figured out what the problem was.

If you read his post, he tried a bec he already had. The problem didn't go away. Do you know how many amps a servo connector is rated for? If he has a problem where something is browning out the receiver, and he just throws a big bec at it, he will probably damage more electronics when the overheated connector melts. Please stop giving bad advice.
I suppose technically I could try to jam it in the truck and see if the truck works with it.
Old 06-18-2018, 06:29 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by urnotevenwrg2
Get rid of that servo. Sounds like something is wrong with it. If it is so abused that the label is worn off you can bet that servo has had a hard life.
He's right a bad servo can and will cause brownouts.

-edit- Didn't read the other posts. I see you have narrowed the issue down to either the transmitter or the receiver.
Old 06-19-2018, 07:04 AM
Tech Initiate

Popped receiver into sons outcast this morning, only a few minutes to screw around with it, but it appears to be doing the same thing.

Is a Radiolink RC4gs okay for racing? Looking for something with decent latency that isn't too expensive. One because I don't know if the kid will stay with racing and two because I don't want to be paying 30 dollars plus per receiver. Thats of course assuming I can't get this airtronics radio to work. I got the receiver used off of here so I guess it could be bad, but I'm thinking more towards the transmitter. Unfortunately I have no way to definitively test because I don't have another receiver.
Old 06-19-2018, 06:40 PM
Tech Master

For a beginner it probably won't be too bad.
Old 06-21-2018, 03:29 AM
Tech Initiate

Receiver it was . Tested a different receiver last with the transmitter and it worked fine. I'm just kind of ticked that I have to go and get another receiver now after spending 50 on the first one.