Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree463Likes

Tekno RC ET410 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-02-2020, 09:56 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Tekno RC ET410 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: rustyus

Welcome to the ET410 Wiki page.

• 95% parts compatibility with the EB410 4WD 1/10th scale buggy.
  • Updated 3mm 7075 CNC chassis and revised A and B hinge pin braces.
  • 13mm hard anodized threaded shocks with locking spring perches.
  • New 32 pitch spur gear for ultimate durability
  • 3.5mm shock shafts with revised dual guide x-ring cartridge.
  • 7075 CNC machined adjustable hinge pin brace system.
  • Three high volume fluid-filled adjustable differentials.
  • Lightweight 7075 tapered center driveshafts.
  • Quick access to differentials and maintenance friendly layout.
  • Captured CVA front and rear driveshafts with heavy duty 6mm stub axles.
  • Fully ball raced reverse bellcrank steering system.
  • Uses 1/10th AE Offset Stadium Truck or Traxxas Slash Short Course offset wheels.
For you guys all discussing what power plant to run, I would take note of the following statement from Matt W.

Matt - Probably would recommend a 10.5 for something similar to 13.5 in a buggy. I personally run a 6.5 in it and it’s pretty fast. Pro4 4600 will run in it but it has a lot of power and will need to be turned down in the esc.

Parts Needed to convert from EB410 to ET410

Pin Replacement Tool options

Inner Hinge Pin Inserts- Degrees of Adjustment

Upgrades:

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2019, 09:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 551 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tbuggy
I just finished up a little project I had been working on from scratch. Finally got everything all together, just need to do some soldering now and some testing. The idea was to make a LCG version of the ET and compare performance. I also have the PR truggy ordered and the LCG was a big part of the hype for this truck and was also inspiration for the modification. I think I accomplished what I was trying to. At least the shocks, towers and body noticeably lower than the original.

My LCG ET

Original ET

Side by side. You can see the noticeable difference in roof and shocks height. The original ET does have its ride height at 27mm currently and the LCG ET is at 25mm but you can see the difference is a lot more than 2mm.

LCG ET

Original ET

Tell me what you guys think so far!? I am hoping to get a chance to get to the track later this week and do some side by side test runs between the two. And then in a couple of weeks after I get my PR truggy I will test that against this as well.
So you put on buggy towers. Did you put on buggy shocks, too? Didn't look like a whole lot of shock up travel available in the pics. Does the chassis bottom out before the shocks fully compress?

Like the idea and thinking, just some questions I had.
​​​​​​
Old 04-30-2019, 10:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (97%+)

The chassis will hit the ground before the shocks bottom out. I did use buggy towers and went with the ET shocks first. I do have a spare set of buggy shocks and will probably try them out if I feel the need to. I haven't ran this yet and who knows it could flat out suck in comparison (although I highly doubt it ;-) ). Definitely excited to see how it handles differently.
Old 04-30-2019, 11:06 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

damn it I'm going to end up with one of these if I keep visiting this thread lol, my shop said they'll have a new shipment in tomorrow, looks like I'm going to grab one
aspiringracer and Tbuggy like this.
Old 05-01-2019, 04:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

The chassis will hit the ground before the shocks bottom out. I did use buggy towers and went with the ET shocks first. I do have a spare set of buggy shocks and will probably try them out if I feel the need to. I haven't ran this yet and who knows it could flat out suck in comparison (although I highly doubt it ;-) ). Definitely excited to see how it handles differently.
You may find that the shocks will bottom out in corners when the chassis rolls. I did something similar to my XT2 this winter, used buggy shocks and made shock towers with the correct geometry. It was fine on straights, flat landings and low speed corners but when the chassis rolled too far the shocks would stack up and the truck would pivot on that corner and the back end would come around. Hopefully yours doesn't have that problem.
Tbuggy likes this.
Old 05-01-2019, 07:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (97%+)

Originally Posted by nitrousdave
You may find that the shocks will bottom out in corners when the chassis rolls. I did something similar to my XT2 this winter, used buggy shocks and made shock towers with the correct geometry. It was fine on straights, flat landings and low speed corners but when the chassis rolled too far the shocks would stack up and the truck would pivot on that corner and the back end would come around. Hopefully yours doesn't have that problem.
You may be right and that is why I have some buggy shocks on standby to try if that is something that ends up causing an issue.
Old 05-03-2019, 08:48 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Will a 23t pinion fit on the ET ?? I just put a 22 on mine and it seems like the motor mount is at it's maximum width.
thanks
Old 05-04-2019, 11:16 AM
Tech Rookie

I tried a 24 tooth pinion and it fit but seemed like it was the biggest that would fit.
Old 05-04-2019, 03:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I just finished up a little project I had been working on from scratch. Finally got everything all together, just need to do some soldering now and some testing. The idea was to make a LCG version of the ET and compare performance. I also have the PR truggy ordered and the LCG was a big part of the hype for this truck and was also inspiration for the modification. I think I accomplished what I was trying to. At least the shocks, towers and body noticeably lower than the original.

My LCG ET

Original ET

Side by side. You can see the noticeable difference in roof and shocks height. The original ET does have its ride height at 27mm currently and the LCG ET is at 25mm but you can see the difference is a lot more than 2mm.

LCG ET

Original ET

Tell me what you guys think so far!? I am hoping to get a chance to get to the track later this week and do some side by side test runs between the two. And then in a couple of weeks after I get my PR truggy I will test that against this as well.
I installed the VRP +4mm towers on mine. The car bottoms out on the smallest jumps with ST Tires. There’s 4mm less suspension travel before the chassis bottoms out. Go with the SCT tires and you’ll be much better.

But it honestly, stock towers with ST tires is the best combo for me.
Old 05-04-2019, 06:34 PM
Tech Elite

Yanked the 5.0 motor and installed a 6.5 to see what happens. The 5.0 seems to slow for me.
Old 05-05-2019, 10:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Does anyone know the length of the rear shock shafts? A lot of EB410's run 30mm of droop now and this requires unscrewing the lower shock eyelet quite a bit (3mm+). It's a bit unnerving. If the ETrear Shock shafts come close they may be worth a shot to try, even if some threads need to be cut. Thanks in advance.
aspiringracer likes this.
Old 05-19-2019, 09:27 AM
Tech Adept

What are you guys using for a servo on these units. I was going to go savox but had issues in the past where I had someone add a bec to make it work properly.
Old 05-19-2019, 11:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jpedersm
What are you guys using for a servo on these units. I was going to go savox but had issues in the past where I had someone add a bec to make it work properly.
i'm using a protek 155T. no issues.
Old 05-19-2019, 11:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I converted an ET into an SC410L using a cobra chassis, it is lot more nimble than my SCT410.3. I have since pulled the front diff, driveshafts etc and dropped a 17.5T / B64 slipper in it to try out in stock 2wd Short Course. I need to add weight to the rear to make minimum weight requirements in both configurations.
RC*PHREAK and MaX-D like this.
Old 05-19-2019, 05:17 PM
Tech Elite

Raced this sat and it seemed slow. Trying to decide between a Tekin 6.5 G3 or a Pro2 5100? I am using an RSX and seen someone's setup sheet using this same system with the Pro2 5100. Tekin claims the Pro 2 is a lot stronger motor, so ......
Old 05-19-2019, 05:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by platgof
Raced this sat and it seemed slow. Trying to decide between a Tekin 6.5 G3 or a Pro2 5100? I am using an RSX and seen someone's setup sheet using this same system with the Pro2 5100. Tekin claims the Pro 2 is a lot stronger motor, so ......
what are you using now? i'm using a reedy M3 6.5 with their 13.0mm high torque rotor and it's awesome. if you already have the tekin 6.5 and are thinking about ditching it, maybe try their 13mm high torque red rotor.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.