Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree463Likes

Tekno RC ET410 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-02-2020, 09:56 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Tekno RC ET410 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: rustyus

Welcome to the ET410 Wiki page.

• 95% parts compatibility with the EB410 4WD 1/10th scale buggy.
  • Updated 3mm 7075 CNC chassis and revised A and B hinge pin braces.
  • 13mm hard anodized threaded shocks with locking spring perches.
  • New 32 pitch spur gear for ultimate durability
  • 3.5mm shock shafts with revised dual guide x-ring cartridge.
  • 7075 CNC machined adjustable hinge pin brace system.
  • Three high volume fluid-filled adjustable differentials.
  • Lightweight 7075 tapered center driveshafts.
  • Quick access to differentials and maintenance friendly layout.
  • Captured CVA front and rear driveshafts with heavy duty 6mm stub axles.
  • Fully ball raced reverse bellcrank steering system.
  • Uses 1/10th AE Offset Stadium Truck or Traxxas Slash Short Course offset wheels.
For you guys all discussing what power plant to run, I would take note of the following statement from Matt W.

Matt - Probably would recommend a 10.5 for something similar to 13.5 in a buggy. I personally run a 6.5 in it and it’s pretty fast. Pro4 4600 will run in it but it has a lot of power and will need to be turned down in the esc.

Parts Needed to convert from EB410 to ET410

Pin Replacement Tool options

Inner Hinge Pin Inserts- Degrees of Adjustment

Upgrades:

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2018, 10:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 551 (100%+)

Originally Posted by platgof
Where can I find a really short sensor wire? I got it running and it is very smooth. Can't wait to spin the tires on this!
I got a tq 70mm sensor wire from a main. Perfect for this truck.

Last edited by wrightcs77; 10-22-2018 at 07:15 PM.
Old 10-21-2018, 10:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
What esc?
HobbyWing V3.1
Old 10-21-2018, 11:29 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by billdelong
HobbyWing V3.1
Don’t have that setup so just throwing ideas out to check and maybe someone in group with more direct experience can help troublehoot? Is it the 120A version?

Checked manual, doesn’t look like v3.1 has option to run combo sensored/sensorless mode; sensorless supposed to run more efficiently therefore cooler.

What is motor timing, ESC boost/turbo settings, running mode, etc.?

What is gearing? Taller tires would require smaller pinion. EDIT: earlier post said started at 16T, went up to 18T, probably needed to go smaller so 15T.

Any binding in drivetrain?

What is running weight? Heavier might require smaller pinion.

Have you cut out any holes in rear of body for hot air to escape?
Old 10-21-2018, 11:44 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by rayzcar

Don’t have that setup so just throwing ideas out to check and maybe someone in group with more direct experience can help troublehoot? Is it the 120A version?

Checked manual, doesn’t look like v3.1 has option to run combo sensored/sensorless mode; sensorless supposed to run more efficiently therefore cooler.

What is motor timing, ESC boost/turbo settings, running mode, etc.?

What is gearing? Taller tires would require smaller pinion. EDIT: earlier post said started at 16T, went up to 18T, probably needed to go smaller so 15T.

Any binding in drivetrain?

What is running weight? Heavier might require smaller pinion.

Have you cut out any holes in rear of body for hot air to escape?
car is fairly new, no binding, nothing fancy with setup, it worked fine with a 5.5T motor for about 30 packs, then the motor thermaled, I swapped out a 7.5T which ran perfectly fine, but I wanted more power so I tried a 4 Pole motor which had temp issues right out of the box... I am going back to the 7.5T next race day with plans to try a 6.5T next go around when I get more funds in November.

I did find this blurb here:
https://www.hobbywingdirect.com/blog...enshock-motors
Old 10-21-2018, 12:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

car is fairly new, no binding, nothing fancy with setup, it worked fine with a 5.5T motor for about 30 packs, then the motor thermaled, I swapped out a 7.5T which ran perfectly fine, but I wanted more power so I tried a 4 Pole motor which had temp issues right out of the box... I am going back to the 7.5T next race day with plans to try a 6.5T next go around when I get more funds in November.

I did find this blurb here:
https://www.hobbywingdirect.com/blog...enshock-motors
That’s pretty straightforward. Or if you did want 4-pole, go with a Hobbywing.
Old 10-21-2018, 12:44 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by rayzcar

That’s pretty straightforward. Or if you did want 4-pole, go with a Hobbywing.
Only problem with the HobbyWing motor is that I already have it in my SCT410.1 and I know how much torque that motor puts out, which is more than I really want... I feel like I'm in a Goldie Lock situation, ha!

I do have some past experience with Novak motors successfully working with my HobbyWing ESC's so I think I might give this motor a shot, hard to beat for the price:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/NOVAK-NX4-4...g/292603912241

I recall that the Novak motors weren't known for power, so this might actually be a good thing by hitting the sweet spot that I'm looking for, plus I'll get to run a little piece of history in my ride for old time sake, plus they guarantee delivery by this coming Fri so I'll have it just in time for the ROAR Regionals in my area, not that I expect to podium or anything like that, I expect several team drivers to be running this race
Old 10-21-2018, 02:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Only problem with the HobbyWing motor is that I already have it in my SCT410.1 and I know how much torque that motor puts out, which is more than I really want... I feel like I'm in a Goldie Lock situation, ha!

I do have some past experience with Novak motors successfully working with my HobbyWing ESC's so I think I might give this motor a shot, hard to beat for the price:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/NOVAK-NX4-4...g/292603912241

I recall that the Novak motors weren't known for power, so this might actually be a good thing by hitting the sweet spot that I'm looking for, plus I'll get to run a little piece of history in my ride for old time sake, plus they guarantee delivery by this coming Fri so I'll have it just in time for the ROAR Regionals in my area, not that I expect to podium or anything like that, I expect several team drivers to be running this race
that's a roll of the dice. i'll bet the oem is tenshock. no way to tell if it has a fatty rotor. i doubt it's any bigger than the SC211's (15.5mm).

Old 10-21-2018, 03:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have a 5 turn Tekin torque motor in mine and it goes. I did add some turbo and boost to it for some fun, not much though, and a 15 pinion as well. I think the torque motor doesn't have as many revs and I may go to a 16 pinion and see what happens. I think a torque motor will work great in these, as my temps are really low. I cannot believe how well these handle, like a go cart! It is a little tough getting everything stuck in there, it is tight. My shock caps did not need to be drilled, so they must have fixed that, and turning them backwards to hear the click works great when putting them on. I am using a Savox 2271 servo and highly recommend this as it is stupid fast and plenty of torque. I really like fast servos. This servo was turning Badland tires in an 8th scale buggy!!
Old 10-21-2018, 03:29 PM
Tech Elite

Default ET410

Finally got her done.
billdelong and EbbTide like this.
Old 10-21-2018, 04:38 PM
Tech Champion

that's a roll of the dice. i'll bet the oem is tenshock. no way to tell if it has a fatty rotor. i doubt it's any bigger than the SC211's (15.5mm).
For $35 shipped, I'm willing to take the risk, if the motor arrives early enough then I'll measure the rotor for grins, but it's certainly not from the same OEM because the can design is totally different, even the sensor wire input is flipped around... also worth pointing out that the TenShock solder tabs are annoyingly too close together

*** UPDATE
According to the specs here, the rotor is 18mm in diameter:
https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXFSPM
Old 10-21-2018, 08:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

wow! that's stout! should be a runner. do they have higher KV's? edit: doesn't look like it. for a big track, you'd have to gear up pretty high. 20-21T?

and i agree 100% on the stupid solder tabs on the tenshock.
Old 10-22-2018, 07:10 AM
Tech Champion

wow! that's stout! should be a runner. do they have higher KV's? edit: doesn't look like it. for a big track, you'd have to gear up pretty high. 20-21T?

and i agree 100% on the stupid solder tabs on the tenshock.

The 4400KV had decent top speed with an 18T pinion, but I bet you're right, 3900KV is 13% less KV which makes 20T right on the money to get the same top speed, assuming both motors provide comparable power. I like how the Novak motor is marketed for 2WD SCT and 4WD Buggy... the HobbyWing motors are marketed for 4WD SCT.

Here's the new track layout change they just made for the ROAR Regionals this weekend, fingers crossed I can stay somewhere in the mix with 1-2 of the team drivers, ha!

Old 10-23-2018, 06:28 PM
Tech Elite

I found out that the wheel nuts should be tossed. I replaced them with Durango wheel nuts that work much better. This car is amazing, and patiently waiting for a chance to run it. Took awhile to get the steering figured out, but good to go. It is faster that what I am used to, so i dropped it to 6 volts and much better. I do have a very fast servo in it, so that did not hurt at all. The Savox 2271 servo is a beast. The Tekin 5 motor runs very cool in this!
Old 10-23-2018, 07:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by platgof
I found out that the wheel nuts should be tossed. I replaced them with Durango wheel nuts that work much better.
Are you referring to TKR123 https://www.teknorc.com/shop/tkr1213...errated-4pcs/? Could you let me know what issues you've had with them? I know our orginal EB410 wheel nuts (TKR6274) did not have the best serration (and we've updated those) but I have not heard of any issues with TKR1213.
Old 10-23-2018, 10:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matthew_Armeni
Are you referring to TKR123 https://www.teknorc.com/shop/tkr1213...errated-4pcs/? Could you let me know what issues you've had with them? I know our orginal EB410 wheel nuts (TKR6274) did not have the best serration (and we've updated those) but I have not heard of any issues with TKR1213.
I havn’t had any issues with the wheel nuts on the ET. Still on my original set after 5 sets of tires.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.