Search
Like Tree18Likes

Coast2CoastRc Tekno EB210 2wd Conversion Kit Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2018, 01:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by savagesam
That would be because the machine being used and available to us does not have a control path option, we did consider drawing up extra path runs so that it did the outer sections and then a square path to make it look a little cleaner but that's more time and more paths to be cut.
I'm more referring to the rear left and right pockets, there shouldn't be any issues making them very similar (but have no idea what cam software is being used)
Old 04-06-2018, 08:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Well after more testing we have made this option short Front Centre Carbon Fibre Brace that releases the top deck from the centre diff section and mounts down to the chassis to allow the front end to work independently from the rest of the car, this items has been created for the low traction, loose and bumpy track conditions.

In our first testing we found when tuning the car that once on really loose conditions that by cracking the screws on the kit top deck on the front bulkhead and centre diff section by a quarter turn it helped the car twist and flex to create more traction, so we have worked hard and produced this part to help with more front twist and flex for outdoor loose conditions.
The product has been added to the website at Remote Control Cars Gold Coast | Online Hobby Shop | RC Cars for pre order with the 2nd batch of kits being produced shortly, NOTE: you will require 2 x 8mm delrin or aluminium posts to go from the carbon fibre deck down to the chassis for mounting not included.

I have tested this product and found it to work fantastic in the right conditions, on carpet with high traction I didn't notice much difference, on med outdoor clay it was a small improvement but on loose clay it was a big difference along with the other option loose condition shock towers and camber link plate.

Old 04-06-2018, 08:10 PM
Tech Elite

I'm heading to the South Australia state titles next weekend for some more testing of the buggy and the option parts, hope to get some more video while I'm there too
Old 04-08-2018, 08:59 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

kick some butt! Looking forward to hearing what other body styles fit too based on our conversations.
Old 04-11-2018, 11:23 PM
Tech Elite

Well as the conversion kits have starting arriving around the world via the mailman, its time to share a blank set up sheet with all the option parts added to make it easier for people to print fill out and take a picture and share what your driving style likes with this conversion kit, I have also uploaded some good starting points for you build from my testing with my driving style on low/loose grip and med/high grip outdoor clay tracks, so I expect some good feed back from others to help all that are running the conversion kit, good luck with the builds and keep those pictures and feed back coming here and on the facebook thread, cheers Savage Sam

Old 04-11-2018, 11:27 PM
Tech Elite

I'm sorry you will have to go look at the set up sheets on the facebook thread as rctech just does not want to upload the others I have filled out even that they are the same as the one above picture, drives me mad the constant changes and issues with the forum
Old 04-12-2018, 11:48 AM
Tech Legend

EbbTide likes this.
Old 05-01-2018, 09:36 AM
Tech Legend

got some initial runs on my conversion at our mini track (we allow 1/10 buggies now) and they went pretty well. The base setup for carpet has a bit more grip than I like so started going down on rear toe but it is a very good starting setup point.
Old 05-15-2018, 08:16 AM
Tech Legend

Alright first race night is in the books. Was pretty out of it Sunday prior from driving about 8 hrs to bring back my daughters vehicle to get its transmission fixed and with some family happily though unexpectedly at the house didn't really get to work on the vehicle tune much or get my gear together to take with. so I went very light on tuning supplies, even forgot my springs.   Usually the joke is I have everything with and more so this was a first.
For tire selection initially i started with Jconcepts Pin downs and the swaggers up front (or whatever the two are called) and felt I was a bit too locked in the rear. I had been liking the lockness performance indoors during so testing sessions, a bit more free so I went with that. This gave a bit better drift I was looking for, but was still down on front steering.
For our surface in comparison to the indoor carpet surface I would say it was more like a "medium" traction based on the front bite I had, or I should say i didn't have.
the vehicle though was missle, very fast considering this was a 17.5 blinky class and I am assuming my vehicle was on the porky side of things.
Anyway, first heat was up and I went with my tire selection and stood up the front shocks 1 hole out from the stock setup and limited front droop a bit. Mind you, I also have the RR pills on the least setting for toe, rest pretty much stock to the higher traction setup.
Car was still a bit on the pushy side, a bit too much but was better. it was enough that I could get through the turns using some brake action. Took second in comparison to the leader running a YZ2 DTM (my previous vehicle type) which was very fast.
As i didn't really have any tuning spring options (wanted to go lighter than front green, possibly stiffer on rear) I ended up going with the FF pill insert to give me the least caster. This really helped a lot since I am running an empty front diff area (no diff installed) to get more steering.
Managed to take the second heat, still neded mroe rotation but she was getting there. I left it go for the main and ended up winning the main by 1 sec after a few bad bobbles but the potential is there for sure.
Some things I took away from racing for our conditions from the starting setup:
- vehicle needs more steering, off and on power.
- vehicles shock locations and springs cause it to sit a bit high in the front
- vehicle is very fast  
I wonder if a front shock tower could be made that had another batch of holes on top of the stock ones so you can run a lower ride up up front?
Old 08-21-2018, 07:47 AM
Tech Legend

Basically a season in on the vehicle and its been a blast to drive. I love how it corners and fits my driving style. Definitely worth a look for those who want something competitive and shares parts with the EB410.
Old 08-21-2018, 07:56 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
Basically a season in on the vehicle and its been a blast to drive. I love how it corners and fits my driving style. Definitely worth a look for those who want something competitive and shares parts with the EB410.
what type of surface do you race on? How does it corner? Is there good Traction in the corners, or does the rear end slide out and drift a bit? How would you describe your driving Style? The reason I ask is I'm interested in this car. I'm selling off my short course trucks as 2wd buggy is the most popular at my track
Old 08-21-2018, 10:26 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by MaX-D
what type of surface do you race on? How does it corner? Is there good Traction in the corners, or does the rear end slide out and drift a bit? How would you describe your driving Style? The reason I ask is I'm interested in this car. I'm selling off my short course trucks as 2wd buggy is the most popular at my track
this is the track i race on:

+ You Tube
" title="View this video at YouTube in a new window or tab" target="_blank">YouTube Video
You Tube
"> You Tube
" /> ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Unfortunately no vids of the buggy classes.

I have my vehicle setup so that the rear end is planted in general when I want it to be, and will steer quickly while under moderate power as well as off power. Coming down the straight into the first turn I can pitch the vehicle hard and as soon as I left off power slightly it will steer in a very controllable fashion. Tight sections I can easily whip around them pretty quick.

In general I like to control my vehicle with throttle and brake inputs. I don't like using drag brake in any classes and I run minimal brake amounts as well.

Overall the vehicle I feel can be tuned to your needs. Being able to quickly access the diff is a big plus too if you need to play with those settings.

If you plan to run in a 17.5 buggy class, getting some common weight lightening items can be a plus. The optional front camber link mounting brace is a nice option to have too.

I next plan to try the shorter front chassis brace to see how it does with any steering improvements, etc.
Old 08-23-2018, 10:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 551 (100%+)

Anyone in the USA carry this?
Old 08-23-2018, 11:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wrightcs77
Anyone in the USA carry this?
Unfortunately not but the shipping from Coast2CoastRC isnt too bad and quick for coming that far.
Cain likes this.
Old 08-24-2018, 04:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

might try it on a et410
EbbTide likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.