Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1089Likes

Team Associated B6.1 & B6.1D thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-24-2020, 06:21 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated B6.1 & B6.1D thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Kraig
Welcome to the B6.1 and B6.1D Wiki page.

Features:

Easy-access gear differential
Differential height adjustment with 0, 1, 2, and 3mm inserts included
New slipper assembly for better weight balance and shock clearance
3-gear Laydown Stealth(r) transmission for lower and forward CG
Heavy-duty V2 routed graphite front shock tower with tower guard
Heavy-duty V2 routed graphite rear tower, standard height
Heavy-duty V2 rear axle with 67mm bones
V2 springs for a more reactive and nimble feel
Innovative rear arm with molded inserts for ultra-fine lower shock mount adjustment
Molded spur gear guard to help protect body from damage
Front and rear anti-roll bars limit chassis roll for increased corner speed
Battery strap allows the use of optional turnbuckle-based braces
Machined pistons included for better fit and smoother operation
Aluminum rear clamping hex and front axle with laser etching
Rear hubs feature large bearings and the easy-insert system to adjust camber link position and rear axle height
One-piece shock bushing to make assembly easier
Aluminum C and D arm mounts included for large range of anti-squat and toe adjustment
Lightweight aluminum top shaft
Factory Team upgraded ball bearing kit included (now oiled instead of greased for less drag)
JConcepts(r) B6 clear body and wing included
Steel chassis weight
Shortened, 7075 aluminum chassis

Features:

Easy-access ball differential
Differential height adjustment with 0, 1, 2, and 3mm inserts included
New slipper assembly for better weight balance and shock clearance
3-gear Lay Back Stealth(r) transmission for lower and rearward CG
Heavy-duty V2 routed graphite front shock tower with tower guard
Heavy-duty V2 routed graphite rear tower, long
Heavy-duty V2 rear axle with 67mm bones
V2 springs for a more reactive and nimble feel
Innovative rear arm with molded inserts for ultra-fine lower shock mount adjustment
Molded spur gear guard to help protect body from damage
+1 steering block arms optimize feel on dirt tracks
Battery strap allows the use of optional turnbuckle-based braces
Machined pistons included for better fit and smoother operation
Aluminum rear clamping hex and front axle with laser etching
Rear hubs feature large bearings and the easy-insert system to adjust camber link position and rear axle height
One-piece shock bushing to make assembly easier
Aluminum C and D arm mounts included for large range of anti-squat and toe adjustment
Lightweight aluminum top shaft
Factory Team upgraded ball bearing kit included (now oiled instead of greased for less drag)
JConcepts(r) B6 clear body and wing included
Shortened, 7075 aluminum chassis

Setup Sheets and other documentation
Setup sheets for both cars:
Piston Drills:
Aftermarket Upgrades:

Parts List:

Reference Guides (courtesy of Ray Munday and Roger M.):

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2018, 04:51 PM
a1
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blueflagger
Anyone here using the Team Orion Vortex Utimate Stock 17.5t motor in their B6.1d (or derivative)? Looking for input on gearing / timing. Include your track size (sm / md / lg) with your reply.

Thx in advance!!
http://site.petitrc.com/setup/associ..._OCRC20180628/
Old 09-25-2018, 11:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 515 (100%+)

Originally Posted by celt
B6.1 Factory Lite...#90022

Got the shipping notice! Scheduled Delivery Date: Wednesday, 09/26/2018

I got screwed! I ordered 2 new ones for the JBRL that just happened at my track last Saturday.....when I ordered they swore up and down that I'd have them on time. Anybody need one? I'll be selling 2 (probably with new electronics too). Thanks a lot Associated!
Old 09-25-2018, 01:29 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Why not return them? Unless you opened them?... If you have it in writing that they said you would have it in time they should take it back.

More important question, why didn't you cancel the order once you realized you were not going to get it on time?

They are great cars, if you post them on the for sale part of this forum I am sure they will sell.
raved007 likes this.
Old 09-25-2018, 03:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Originally Posted by QDRHRSE
I got screwed! I ordered 2 new ones for the JBRL that just happened at my track last Saturday.....when I ordered they swore up and down that I'd have them on time. Anybody need one? I'll be selling 2 (probably with new electronics too). Thanks a lot Associated!
Damn that blows, on a side note, you guys have a badass track there I had so much fun at CCR and love sugared tracks now
Old 09-25-2018, 04:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 515 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YankeeFan123
Damn that blows, on a side note, you guys have a badass track there I had so much fun at CCR and love sugared tracks now
I'm glad you came out and had a good time. As far as I know there's not another track like ours anywhere. You realize that was technically a backyard right? It's among the best outdoor tracks there is for running your B6.1 or B6.1D.
Old 09-26-2018, 12:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

I'm glad you came out and had a good time. As far as I know there's not another track like ours anywhere. You realize that was technically a backyard right? It's among the best outdoor tracks there is for running your B6.1 or B6.1D.
Yeah that was insane for being right next to the guy's house and technically in his backyard. Eddie put in work to make that happen and that was one of the most fun layouts I've ever driven on. Much better than the new SDRC layout that is all completely flat except for one jump gonna have to break out the onroad car for the next few months lol
Old 09-26-2018, 12:37 PM
Tech Adept

Sorry my reply to you yesterday was a bit harsh, I had my panties all in a bunch. I looked up the track, that is seriously someones actual back yard? It looks amazing.... is it really sprayed with sugar? That is what we used to do for on-road parking lot racing cheap soda and sugar water with a weed sprayer.

Originally Posted by YankeeFan123
Yeah that was insane for being right next to the guy's house and technically in his backyard. Eddie put in work to make that happen and that was one of the most fun layouts I've ever driven on. Much better than the new SDRC layout that is all completely flat except for one jump gonna have to break out the onroad car for the next few months lol
I only saw the video SDRC posted was going to take a peak at the new layout today on my way home from work. Is it really flat? I really enjoyed the last layout, I am not fast but it was fun with great flow at the end, the first iteration was a bit sketchy with the bumps at the end of the straightaway.
Old 09-26-2018, 06:38 PM
Tech Regular

So I'm not seeing any of Cavs recent set up sheets on AE website. what gives??
Old 09-28-2018, 06:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I can confirm that the "Lite" kit comes with the change in the locker top shaft I had hoped for: a full width top shaft gear. The full width is right out of the kit, the other top shaft is the AE locker kit available now. Same part I believe, but perhaps a running change.

For those who care...
RazorRC likes this.
Old 09-28-2018, 08:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

I really hope they are doing some running changes on these as well as the SC6.1 I'll get to race mine for the first time tomorrow, and from what I been hearing they spent a lot of time making the fit better but materials used wear out really fast, so kind of a wast of time to redesign something to get rid of the slop built into to older versions, only to have to continue to deal with it as parts wear out faster.
a1 likes this.
Old 09-28-2018, 09:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by celt
I can confirm that the "Lite" kit comes with the change in the locker top shaft I had hoped for: a full width top shaft gear. The full width is right out of the kit, the other top shaft is the AE locker kit available now. Same part I believe, but perhaps a running change.

For those who care...
what is the part number for the top shaft only?
Old 09-30-2018, 11:04 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Phillip F
brass front bulkhead, servo weight, pinpoints (stock foam) and wedge front (no insert)
what wedge type tires do people like for very high traction carpet? Pro Line has a wide wedge and a regular width wedge squared that requires sawing down the tire.
Old 09-30-2018, 02:11 PM
Tech Regular

Had my first ever run today with my Associated B6.1 on a fast flowing carpet track. The car is great everywhere and I made almost 100 laps before mayhem started. Hit the pipe just before the wallride and broke the rear a-arm, well shit happens. Got my car and went back to the pits and what I see have never been seen by me before on any of my cars. Rear shock tower is broken in two pieces, a-arm is broken and the rear swaybar is bent 90 degrees backwards. I must have had bad luck because the speed were low from a corner before.
I have never run Associated before.
So, is the shock towers a weak point of the car? Do I need to stack up on towers? Is there parts that break often?
Old 10-01-2018, 01:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Arctic RC
Had my first ever run today with my Associated B6.1 on a fast flowing carpet track. The car is great everywhere and I made almost 100 laps before mayhem started. Hit the pipe just before the wallride and broke the rear a-arm, well shit happens. Got my car and went back to the pits and what I see have never been seen by me before on any of my cars. Rear shock tower is broken in two pieces, a-arm is broken and the rear swaybar is bent 90 degrees backwards. I must have had bad luck because the speed were low from a corner before.
I have never run Associated before.
So, is the shock towers a weak point of the car? Do I need to stack up on towers? Is there parts that break often?
old b6 was known for breaking shock towers. Personally, i have never had any issues with the shock towers. I broke my b6.1 shock tower due to top speed hard crash.
b6.1 is the most durable car I have ever had, only broke front arms couple times.
Old 10-01-2018, 04:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Personally I have never ran on carpet only high bite indoor clay/dirt and I crash more than most as I am still learning, and have never broke a tower with either my 6.1D or my club racer that had weaker towers on it than the normal cars. I believer it is different on carpet because there is no cushion and the sharp edges on the towers tend to grad the carpet and maybe that's what happened to your's, that is one of the reasons AE made the cover for the front tower to protect it and the carpet. maybe if you round the corners on your new tower when you replace it to see if it helps.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.