R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Team Associated B6.1 & B6.1D thread (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/1010233-team-associated-b6-1-b6-1d-thread.html)

YankeeFan123 07-13-2018 06:53 PM

If anyone is looking to unload a .1 PM me pics and price:D

celt 07-14-2018 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by outoftouchrc (Post 15260999)
Ok guys carpet is gear diff, the kit comes with gear diff, ball diffs are for dirt. did not mean to start a argument lol.

No doubt I'd run a gear diff on carpet, even easier decision if you already posses one.

The one thing I'd not do on carpet is use a slipper eliminator. No earthly reason to do that to your gear box. And there is little technical merit in doing so. Carpet is obviously very high grip, so high that in some cases you are looking to tame the traction.

Everytime I see someone whine about stripping an idler or having other gearbox issues on carpet, it's almost always because they were using a slipper eliminator. That shock load on the gear box needs to go somewhere...let the slipper do it's intended job, or sheared off teeth will be common.

jpcopeland1 07-14-2018 05:29 AM

Fully agree on no slipper eliminator on carpet no matter what wind motor. Your playing with fire, especially if using a newer 17.5. Those things are very close to mod nowadays. Your begging for trouble. I run Schelle slippers on my cars, easy to tune, and light enough I dont need an eliminator.

jpcopeland1 07-14-2018 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by outoftouchrc (Post 15259847)
Okay my kit will be here next week, I'm building my 6.1 just for carpet. Mostly for this years IOCC race in Vegas 21.5 class, should I use the brass bulk head or the aluminum AE one? front and rear bars or just front? My local carpet track is closed only real testing I can get in will be on Astro.

I plan on attending that race next year, have a ton of miles I need to use up in the next 12 months. Since PDX RC is going carpet from Astro Turf, I should have my chops down as per driving style.

jpcopeland1 07-14-2018 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by Phillip F (Post 15258866)
How do you guys take out on power push when steering in a 180 or 90 degree corner for your B6.1?

Changed from shorty to standard sized servo.

Mr. Bubby 07-14-2018 05:47 AM

I drive an XB2 with the slipper delete setup and the only thing that has really worn is the diff outdrives. Not sure what you're talking about with the idler gears stripping, luckily I've never had the delight of stripping any of those. I think I've stripped maybe one spur gear, but that's just cuz the motor moved. Adjust you're driving style a little bit when running one of these and you should be fine. I believe that when all is said and done, it really is a little bit quicker/faster/and more nimble.

celt 07-14-2018 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by Mr. Bubby (Post 15261141)
I believe that when all is said and done, it really is a little bit quicker/faster/and more nimble.

We're talking carpet here, right?

With the slipper adjusted properly, it will only come into play under massive loads - for example, when you need it. If not, you don't have the slipper adjusted properly - it is NOT a traction control device. If you are an experience racer and have had no issues with what you are currently doing, then continue doing that. For someone just getting into the "high bite" world of carpet racing? It's simply poor advice to use a slipper eliminator.

Further, if it were truly "quicker/faster/and more nimble," why is it that not a single top driver, in the EOS for example, run an eliminator, not one?

Run with a group faster than these guys?

http://eos.redrc.net/

Slashripper 07-14-2018 09:02 AM

B6.1 laydown conversion help please.

What all do I need to convert from layback to laydown tranny. Cases, top shaft, motor plate anything else?

aeRayls 07-14-2018 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by Slashripper (Post 15261216)
What all do I need to convert from layback to laydown tranny. Cases, top shaft, motor plate anything else?

case and idler gear thats all

3srcracing 07-14-2018 11:03 AM

What is a good starting gearing on a R1 17.5 motor?

I tried a 29/72 and it seemed decent but seemed to have some more left in it. Just left stock timing at 45*. Its a medium track medium-high bite.

Thanks.

lexusbest 07-14-2018 11:36 PM

as said, laydown gearbox and idler gear

YankeeFan123 07-15-2018 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by 3srcracing (Post 15261269)
What is a good starting gearing on a R1 17.5 motor?

I tried a 29/72 and it seemed decent but seemed to have some more left in it. Just left stock timing at 45*. Its a medium track medium-high bite.

Thanks.

I'm using S-Plus's and V4 SchuurSpeeds at 25-26/75 and liking it I believe all those motors are geared about the same

a1 07-15-2018 03:03 PM

https://www.teamassociated.com/pdf/c...igurations.pdf

Applesauce 07-15-2018 05:48 PM

What are my options for direct drive?

MX304 07-15-2018 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by Applesauce (Post 15261883)
What are my options for direct drive?

Schelle has one out now, and Exotek will soon.