Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Drag Racing Forum
NEW Drag Car coming soon. Hobao 1/10 Hyper EX10 2WD Drag Car. >

NEW Drag Car coming soon. Hobao 1/10 Hyper EX10 2WD Drag Car.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

NEW Drag Car coming soon. Hobao 1/10 Hyper EX10 2WD Drag Car.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2024, 03:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

43mph is a pretty good and fast number. Interesting to do it with mph. Gotta try that sometime. We tried a 12T (like the Traxxas brushed motor and similar) Pinto class (buggy chassis and PL Pinto body). Average for 66' was in the 2.0sec range with speeds in the upper 20's to low 30's. I put one together for fun with a Traxxas Bandit and first pass went 1.8's so I put it away. Plus 12T was not that exciting. Great bracket car but I like the thrill of "Will it go straight?".

Keep the updates coming. My race season has started and the 2nd race is this Sunday.

Take care!
AHR43 likes this.
Old 03-18-2024, 07:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by rskoncepts
Ouch...I'm a Mustang fan. Anyway...
Being beat by a Traxxas Slash is not a bad thing. The reasonable quick guys are going 2.5s. Quick guys are 2.3s. The quickest I saw posted was 2.1. That's with the VXL system...supposedly. So that's not a bad system to start with. Add better tires and battery and you'll probably have fun. You can change gears, suspension, and play with slipper tuning. Not much to play with to simplify the get going phase. May move to a really good radio ($$$) to get you to the next level of tuning.
Whatever chassis you go with, it's all in the setup. And everyone says test, test, test. Which seems to be an issue for you so expecting a lot is tough.
I'm no expert. I don't race. I run a no prep race (66'). I do play with my cars to learn stuff. But I can try and answer any questions you have.
Win on Sunday, sell on Monday.
What radios offer advanced features and what are these features or settings? I'm happy with my radio link rc4gs and Flysky FS-G7P. What features are missing off of either of these radios that would be of use to me for drag racing? Thanks
Old 03-18-2024, 11:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hey Austin. Houston here. Know you are quoting rskoncepts in asking your question. Sure he'll weigh in with his experience and recommendations. Meantime, here's my 2cents.

Throttle speed and throttle expo are nice features to soften the launch for RC drag racing. Just beginning to play with it myself. My DX4C only has throttle expo. My Futaba 4PLS has both throttle speed and throttle expo. Check your radio for those features.

Here's a good YT walk through. Hope this helps. Good luck. TH Speed and Expo
YourConfused likes this.