Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Drag Racing Forum
NEW Drag Car coming soon. Hobao 1/10 Hyper EX10 2WD Drag Car. >

NEW Drag Car coming soon. Hobao 1/10 Hyper EX10 2WD Drag Car.

Like Tree9Likes

NEW Drag Car coming soon. Hobao 1/10 Hyper EX10 2WD Drag Car.

Old 01-14-2023, 06:34 AM
Suspended

Default NEW Drag Car coming soon. Hobao 1/10 Hyper EX10 2WD Drag Car.

The new EX10 is designed for high-end drag performance right out of the box. Check out these highlights-

* Carbon fiber chassis
* Carbon fiber shock towers
* Floating body mounts
* Rear sway bar
* Mid-mounted motor
* Battery located in center of chassis

https://www.bigsquidrc.com/hobao-tea...-2wd-drag-car/
Old 01-15-2023, 05:49 AM
Tech Regular

Seems like HoBao is on the speed wagon. Their Limitless competitor just set the new speed record, so this kind of makes sense. Odd to see them as the first non-US company to get into drag racing, though. I'm not sure if I'd consider them on the same level as Xray, Serpent, or Tekno, but I'm surprised they did it first. Heck, even ProLine could rerelease their 2wd SCT as a drag car.

Anyway... this is interesting. Judging by the silhouette, I can make out a few things that I think will put this car between the RTRs and conversions. The chassis has a clear front bulkhead area, not unlike the front half of a B6 or DR10. It's probably a bunch of plastic for chassis strength, and it appears like the servo is probably there too... so that's likely the battery right in front of the esc, in front of the motor. Not bad, but we're learning it's not ideal... and it doesnt look like room for much more than a shorty or square pack (...a trend that may be ending. Old school stick packs with 120c are holding up with the new 4 pole motors), with very little adjustability (car looks crammed!). Waterfall brace? Is this 2018? Get that thing out of there. And finally, I'm a little confused about the floating body mounts AND sway bar... like, don't they kind of do the same thing? would they fight each other to function properly?

If anything, this might get on AE to make a DR10.2 out of the B6 and finally ditch that rear motor nonsense. And Losi too, probably. They made their new 1/16 mid motor, maybe the 1/10 will follow? C'mon guys, shut up all these Traxxas fanboys while their lord and savior struggles to design a transmission for this millenium.
flymetonight likes this.
Old 02-11-2023, 02:44 AM
Suspended

Hobao VTE2 1/7 is awsome

here is more pics now from the new drag car

HOBAO RACING 1/10 HB-EX10 DRAG CAR KIT

After about a month of teasing, Hobao Racing has officially dropped their new 1/10 HB-EX10 Drag Car Kit. The designers at Hobao used premium materials to make the HB-EX10 one serious drag machine. Check out these highlights-

* Mid-motor, 3-gear transmission design
* Designed to be lightweight and rigid
* Made with lots of carbon fiber and hardened aluminum parts
* All metal gear transmission with hardened steel shaft
* 280mm long wheelie bar set
* Rear floating body mount
* 3mm rear sway bar
* 12mm big bore aluminum shocks with silicon oil
* Soft belted rear tires
* 10.5mm thick rear wheel hex
* New front and rear wheels
* Adjustable battery mount set
* 3.5mm hardened steel rear CVA shafts
* Fully adjustable turnbuckles
* New design quick release body post
* New front bumper with weight adjustment

More pictures here:
https://www.bigsquidrc.com/hobao-rac...-drag-car-kit/
Old 02-11-2023, 07:22 AM
Tech Regular

It looks a bit over-engineered but I do like it. Not sure what the springs on the front body mounts are all about, maybe it's not a bad idea. Lots of aluminum chunks. Looks like a very solid car. It could work well with 4 pole motors, it might not. Gonna be a very educational summer for all of us. I hope to see one in person.
AHR43 likes this.
Old 02-12-2023, 01:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

what u think of the price i think i seen 480$ ?
Old 03-21-2023, 08:06 PM
Suspended

ARR is nice.
No need buy expensive hop ups to this i believe, This is Bad ass from Box ?.
Just install Electronics. Buy and paint one Body, and have a blast.
I believe 480$ is decent price.
Already build Rollers are always worth 100$ extra for me atleast,
I hate build from Scratch. Im happy pay 100$ for the build.
In my World this is 380$ for the Car, and 100$ for the build.

Just need do the fun and most important stuff = choose own Electronics to install, and Paint the body self in your favorite color is awsome.

I know many like to build self from Scratch also.
I dont understand why they not sell this in two versions
100% kit, build self. like 20-50$ less, and ARR Version at this price.
All better Cars should be avaible like that.

Less RTR, dont force people buy radio and combo.
Let us choose self.
More Kits and ARR.
RTR for the very beginner cars only.

Saga Customs have 5 in stock at this very moment.

Why is there no Run Videos at Youtube yet ?
This has been out couple weeks now ?

AHR43 likes this.
Old 02-12-2024, 11:52 AM
Tech Apprentice

So I'm looking at this but I'm surprised at the lack of interest, seems like nobody is buying these?
Old 02-13-2024, 10:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Depends on where you want to be in the spectrum of chassis' out there. R1 and GFRP are probably the most popular for now. A lot of the others are also fairly represented (DRC, etc.). This chassis looked very interesting but I don't anyone that bought one. The Exotek looked interesting also.
Old 02-19-2024, 08:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

Being that i have no experience with rc drags I'd prefer to buy something that's quality and wouldn't require 2x the kit price in upgrades to be reliable, tunable, fun and competitive. Trying not to repeat the mistake I've made in the past of buying something cheaper and then next thing you know I spent way too much money upgrading it and would have been better off just buying a better product to begin with. I also don't have a lot of free time so getting to actually race anywhere would not happen often and I'll mostly just take it out for 20 minutes after work and practice by myself in a school parking lot a couple of times a week. I've never even seen any rc drags cars in person so i have no idea what brands are a good value. I heard about races that go on but they are about 3 hours away, so I'll likely never attend anything big. I guess that means that if i did ever go race i would need to be in whatever class beginners are in so I'm not up against people that spend $1500 on their car but the last thing i want is to be beaten by a Traxxas Slash. That would be like being beaten by a mustang on the streets. Lol
Old 02-21-2024, 11:30 AM
Tech Elite

Ouch...I'm a Mustang fan. Anyway...
Being beat by a Traxxas Slash is not a bad thing. The reasonable quick guys are going 2.5s. Quick guys are 2.3s. The quickest I saw posted was 2.1. That's with the VXL system...supposedly. So that's not a bad system to start with. Add better tires and battery and you'll probably have fun. You can change gears, suspension, and play with slipper tuning. Not much to play with to simplify the get going phase. May move to a really good radio ($$$) to get you to the next level of tuning.
Whatever chassis you go with, it's all in the setup. And everyone says test, test, test. Which seems to be an issue for you so expecting a lot is tough.
I'm no expert. I don't race. I run a no prep race (66'). I do play with my cars to learn stuff. But I can try and answer any questions you have.
Win on Sunday, sell on Monday.
AHR43 and YourConfused like this.

Last edited by rskoncepts; 02-21-2024 at 05:21 PM.
Old 02-27-2024, 04:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by rskoncepts
Ouch...I'm a Mustang fan. Anyway...
Being beat by a Traxxas Slash is not a bad thing. The reasonable quick guys are going 2.5s. Quick guys are 2.3s. The quickest I saw posted was 2.1. That's with the VXL system...supposedly. So that's not a bad system to start with. Add better tires and battery and you'll probably have fun. You can change gears, suspension, and play with slipper tuning. Not much to play with to simplify the get going phase. May move to a really good radio ($$$) to get you to the next level of tuning.
Whatever chassis you go with, it's all in the setup. And everyone says test, test, test. Which seems to be an issue for you so expecting a lot is tough.
I'm no expert. I don't race. I run a no prep race (66'). I do play with my cars to learn stuff. But I can try and answer any questions you have.
Win on Sunday, sell on Monday.
Aloha, rsk.

Good reading someone else is running a shortened course. Easier finding a place to run with little to no set up. Running 33ft 2S no prep here with my personal RC street legal drag series. No timing system so I do bracket dial-in/break-out using mph figures from my GNSS Speed Meter. Have a 66ft option for a 3S 4WD MT I run in the series.

Class designate them 'Altered Class' from the '60s era since they are all open wheel. AA/A (3S), AA/FXA (3S 4WD), A/A (>3300Kv), B/A (<3300Kv) and D/A (2S brush motor).

Cheers. 'AC'

Last edited by AHR43; 02-27-2024 at 04:26 PM.
Old 02-27-2024, 06:33 PM
Tech Elite

AHR43...like the old school class designation. AA/A must be a hoot. Street Outlaw and other types like that are 1/8 mile so I like to keep it true to form. Plus 66' allows slower cars some chance of winning.
AHR43 likes this.
Old 02-27-2024, 07:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

AHR43...like the old school class designation. AA/A must be a hoot. Street Outlaw and other types like that are 1/8 mile so I like to keep it true to form. Plus 66' allows slower cars some chance of winning.
LOL. Yeah AA/A is too fast for me. Put it in the rules package just to have a class to run the MT once in a while.

Actually patterned my 33ft course off the 1:1 330ft street legal drags running out of Perris, CA USA. 1/10 scale 33ft course seemed like a fun way to RC drag race without speeds getting too crazy. Track record for my 33ft 2S is 35.10mph with a 3300Kv Rustler. Limit my shutdown to 66ft to keep the course short.

New breed no-prep's like the Hobao are beyond my capability any more. At 80 years old, reflexes and eyesight aren't what they once were. Leave cars like the Hobao to the young lions.

Keep on keepin on with your 66ft runs. Two thumbs up. Good luck.

Last edited by AHR43; 02-27-2024 at 07:31 PM. Reason: spelling error; track record specific
Old 02-28-2024, 11:39 AM
Tech Elite

I'm no young lion either. 33ft sounds pretty interesting. Something for me to think about trying. I tried setting up my Stampede for drag racing. A little short and a little too high so I converted it to a Bandit. A little better. My fun car.

Stay safe buddy!
AHR43 likes this.
Old 03-12-2024, 03:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey rsk. Bumping up to 66ft with my program like you are running. Redesignating it as RC Super Comp (S/C) after NHRA index class. Picking an index speed out of the air 43mph to start. Bump it up as necessary after seeing what speeds my 4 cars put down.

This makes it a whole lot easier to race with all cars running to one (speed) index. Plus, as you say, gives the cars more of a chance to run out without speeds and distances getting too crazy.

Motor unlimited. Opening it up to 3S HV max since not sure what it will take to run the index. My cars are heavy. Have 4 open-wheel running from 3250 - 3900Kv.

Last edited by AHR43; 03-12-2024 at 03:47 PM. Reason: add a sentence

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.