Trader Rating: 31 (97%+)

Originally Posted by flou
Maxstone 10 is another ax10 clone
That it is, hands on with it it does not feel like it is priced,
Honestly Shocked me when I inboxed it.
Old 01-04-2016, 08:55 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

I think bamg for the buck the redcat is a good deal. I picked up a trans to use in my scx10 build but immediately seen the weak spots. Not saying its bad stuff just saying you will upgrade items. I did some reading on them awhile back. Weak spot trans and diff lockers. Having said that non comp crawling guy or kids will probably run forever on stock electronics and battery.
Old 01-04-2016, 09:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (97%+)

Basing the whole rig off of a transmision..
Hmm well that's the thing about this hobby it's all about preference,
Good luck with whatever you choose!
Old 01-05-2016, 04:00 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

Me thinks you should read my posts again. It appears you misunderstood something.
Old 01-05-2016, 04:47 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

I bought a 1/10 Everest last year for about $130 on Amazon. I like the truck, but had a bit of trouble the first few weeks.

Week one, the Hexfly servo bit the dust. I had noticed that it had the "jitters" and I tried everything to fix it. As a result of the "jitters", the servo ran warm/hot and eventually died.

A week or so later, I noticed that I lost steering. After a long and painful investigation, I found that the ESC had died. I swapped out the ESC and was back on the road.

Also, the big tires on the Everest are kind of hard, so they are not the best for crawling. They aren't very grippy. They will be perfect for starting out.

Overall, I like the truck. I am hoping that I had a "lemon" as far as electronics go, but for $130, I'm not complaining.

Good luck.
Old 01-05-2016, 05:36 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by TIME MACHINE
I bought a 1/10 Everest last year for about $130 on Amazon. I like the truck, but had a bit of trouble the first few weeks.

Week one, the Hexfly servo bit the dust. I had noticed that it had the "jitters" and I tried everything to fix it. As a result of the "jitters", the servo ran warm/hot and eventually died.

A week or so later, I noticed that I lost steering. After a long and painful investigation, I found that the ESC had died. I swapped out the ESC and was back on the road.

Also, the big tires on the Everest are kind of hard, so they are not the best for crawling. They aren't very grippy. They will be perfect for starting out.

Overall, I like the truck. I am hoping that I had a "lemon" as far as electronics go, but for $130, I'm not complaining.

Good luck.
This really helped me on if I should get it or not thank you all for the suggestions and help
Old 01-16-2016, 10:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

Spend more short term, save in the long run. You'll break stuff and end up paying more to replace parts and you can't drive something that is broken setting on your bench. If you don't like the hobby it's easy to sell axial gear anyway.
Old 01-20-2016, 09:00 PM
Tech Initiate

Don't get a red cat....they are just and you need to buy hop ups to get mediocre performance. Ask around on RC Facebook crawler groups. There are reputable people looking to trade or sell all kinds of stuff. If you get a get a redcat don't plan on doing any good in comps. I see it all the time at the comps I run. People buy their first crawler to get into the hobby and after one comp they hate it. They never do well.
Old 02-02-2016, 05:42 PM
Tech Rookie

thats totally understandable..if you took a $130 rig to a comp, and competeted against experienced crawlers, with hundreds, if not thousands more $$ wrapped up in their rigs...probably not going to work out too good for you. But if you go lay out anywhere from 3 to $500 on a basic axial rig, run it twice and decide crawling sucks...how smart would that make you feel?
If you're looking to get your feet wet, and just try out crawling. You can't go wrong with the redcat, or exceed offerings. I have both the Everest 10, and the Rockslide RS10 both from redcat. out of the 2, I would highly recommend the RS10. it's MOA (motor on axle) has 4 wheel steer out of the box, and comes with a decent 3 channel radio that makes great use of that 4ws with it's differant modes. It's about $30 more than the Everest, but well worth it. You might have to change a servo early on, but that happens with alot of higher end brands rtr's too. And shouldn't be that much of a deterrant
Old 02-03-2016, 02:39 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I would go used. I just picked up a wraith in great condition with a 2s hard case battery and charger for $200 off Craigslist. There are people all over who buy great rigs and lose interest. I say go used!
Old 02-03-2016, 04:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

Would rather spend the money up front and hate it, then sell easily, than dump loads of cash on a junk rig you cent sell.
Originally Posted by ChazOutlaw
thats totally understandable..if you took a $130 rig to a comp, and competeted against experienced crawlers, with hundreds, if not thousands more $$ wrapped up in their rigs...probably not going to work out too good for you. But if you go lay out anywhere from 3 to $500 on a basic axial rig, run it twice and decide crawling sucks...how smart would that make you feel?
If you're looking to get your feet wet, and just try out crawling. You can't go wrong with the redcat, or exceed offerings. I have both the Everest 10, and the Rockslide RS10 both from redcat. out of the 2, I would highly recommend the RS10. it's MOA (motor on axle) has 4 wheel steer out of the box, and comes with a decent 3 channel radio that makes great use of that 4ws with it's differant modes. It's about $30 more than the Everest, but well worth it. You might have to change a servo early on, but that happens with alot of higher end brands rtr's too. And shouldn't be that much of a deterrant
Old 02-03-2016, 05:05 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Aw11Clown
Would rather spend the money up front and hate it, then sell easily, than dump loads of cash on a junk rig you cent sell.
I agree, You can always resell an known major branded product. I have seen a Maxstone with scx10 frame and body installed try to sell on here and eBay and they never get what they want or it takes for ever.
Old 02-05-2016, 08:54 PM
Suspended

Either or one is always going to lose money.
Its the nature of the hobby, there is not a perfect path for investment. Deals here, coupons there, price match and so on.

The main keypoint, is it for bashing or for competition?

Bashing: Redcat

If still not sure, get a HG P402. Also, how much time will you be bashing it?
Old 02-06-2016, 03:26 AM
Tech Rookie

So out of curiosity, what crawlers would you "go used" guys recommend. Keep in mind the OP asked about a $200 limit...
Old 02-06-2016, 04:31 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ChazOutlaw
So out of curiosity, what crawlers would you "go used" guys recommend. Keep in mind the OP asked about a $200 limit...
I say anything axial, I might shy from a yeti. Scx10, wraith, ax10 those all are great platforms. The ascender seems to show up in the local Craigslist pretty often don't know if $200 is enough. There is a falken g6 for $250 with original box and all spares. 5000mah 2s lipo and charger here locally. The $50 extra gets everything you need

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.