First Cralwer..........HPI Crawler King

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-08-2013, 08:52 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hotrod87
Heres my first "wheelyking " build not as a crawler.And yes this body is beat.
Attachment 1069437

Attachment 1069438

Attachment 1069439

Attachment 1069440

Attachment 1069441
Looks great.
Old 10-08-2013, 08:55 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Johnnysplits
So you like the performance of a brushed motor over a brushless? I have a BL in my wraith and I love it. However, I just ordered an axial scx10 '12 jeep rubicon and was thinking of going with a custom brushed motor in it.
For the crawling I do brushed is fine. Motors are pretty darn cheap. I crawl just for fun so don't need competition quality.
Old 10-09-2013, 03:31 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by wyd
Was actually doing some hill climbing with it in. Oh man was it a blast watching the mulch fly.

Since I put the Traxxas motor in I have been mainly just running and running the truck. Lots of time on it with no problems. Once I went thru it when new and fixed a few things it has been bullet proof.

Going to start working on a new Axial (I think SCX10) with all new STRC components on it. Been using STRC parts for years on many of my other cars/trucks and they have been awesome. Parts worked great on my Crawler King so will continue to use them on Axial project I will start in the next month or so. Will get a thread posted once i get started.
Looking to build one my self too over the winter, I will bring it in some time. I wanted more of a scaler look over the wraith.

I love that Bronco body look.
Old 10-09-2013, 07:17 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by DialedIn-67
Looking to build one my self too over the winter, I will bring it in some time. I wanted more of a scaler look over the wraith.

I love that Bronco body look.
Sounds great. Love to see your crawler. I won't sell mine as it costs too much to build and not worth selling plus I normally never have an R/C that is just for fun but I do now. Hope to see you guys at Bumps in the very near future.
Old 10-10-2013, 05:42 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by wyd
Sounds great. Love to see your crawler. I won't sell mine as it costs too much to build and not worth selling plus I normally never have an R/C that is just for fun but I do now. Hope to see you guys at Bumps in the very near future.
We will be there, stock buggy this year sound like few are getting them ready.

Bought a used scx10 last night I couldn't pass it up....
Old 10-10-2013, 06:27 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

We will be there, stock buggy this year sound like few are getting them ready.

Bought a used scx10 last night I couldn't pass it up....
Yes we will have 17.5 buggy again this year. Should be a good class again this year.
Old 10-17-2013, 09:01 PM
Tech Addict

So I just got a CK as well as my first crawler. what are you guys using for links when you do the servo on axle mod?
Old 10-19-2013, 12:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I make my own links. This video shows you how to do it (not mine). I use a small tubing cutter instead of a dremel for the aluminum tubing.
Old 10-28-2013, 11:14 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by novice racer
So I just got a CK as well as my first crawler. what are you guys using for links when you do the servo on axle mod?
I have the STRC purple link and then the CKRC mount for my servo on the axle. Then I just used an aluminum servo arm with a Lundsford titanium link to connect up my steering servo.
Old 02-17-2014, 05:58 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

I have not changed much on my Crawler King during the late fall and early winter. I have been just using it a ton and have had zero problems after my first round of modifications and just been enjoying running it around. Very happy with it overall for a first crawler (fun crawler for me) as I don't do comps. Bought it just to mess around when I didn't have time to spend all day racing r/c and was just what the doctor ordered. Very few mods to make it a bullet proof fun crawler. Been great bang for the buck.
Old 03-10-2014, 06:26 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Our last big off road race of the season is over so now 90% of my time when I'm at the hobby shop will be dedicated to getting my SCX10 done. Links will be done by the end of this week. Pictures will follow. After that it will be onto stage 2 of the project and will be adding more STRC aluminum products to finish the project off.
Old 03-14-2014, 07:21 AM
Tech Regular

Looking forward to seeing this when its done.... Then I get to drive it.....
Old 03-14-2014, 11:54 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Looking forward to seeing this when its done.... Then I get to drive it.....
I'm going to clean up my Crawler King tonight and get it ready to crawl some at The Barn Saturday night. Going to charge up the pack and go over everything. Might end up putting a new motor in to.
Old 03-17-2014, 05:37 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

My 2nd round of killer STRC aluminum parts has arrived at my house. Steve always does a great job of getting my parts shipped out quickly and honestly has been like from the first time I bought STRC products.

Weekend got screwed up for me some but will be working all week on nothing but my SCX10 and installing and picture taking of the new parts.

Tried to go crawling this weekend but my motor in my Crawler King is shot and couldn't find a motor anywhere and when I checked Horizon and Great Planes no one has any of the motors I'm looking for. How do these places stay in business when they never have anything in stock. It always amazes me.
Old 03-21-2014, 08:59 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Going to be a good weekend as I will be working on the SCX10. No racing for awhile so it will be all crawler all the time. My new shipment of STRC parts are jumping out of their bags and can't wait to get onto the SCX10 so who am I to stop them.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.