Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree15Likes

Cross rc demon build

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2018, 05:23 PM
Super Moderator

Truck was finished a long time ago, would I make the purchase again, no! Out of the box its very top heavy, I've stock tons of time any money into it. Its a fun truck, mine is far from stock now, my stock scx10.2 would turn circles around it. Some of the plastics seem to be week.

Old 06-28-2018, 06:59 AM
Tech Master

Thanks for the honest review!
Old 06-28-2018, 01:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by roadrashracing
Truck was finished a long time ago, would I make the purchase again, no! Out of the box its very top heavy, I've stock tons of time any money into it. Its a fun truck, mine is far from stock now, my stock scx10.2 would turn circles around it. Some of the plastics seem to be week.

That's disappointing. I really liked the way it looks.
Old 06-28-2018, 04:27 PM
Super Moderator

I really only purchased because the lhs is the us dealer. It was a great kit to put together, I wish I would have gotten the other model but I could not justify the price.
Old 06-29-2018, 09:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by roadrashracing
I really only purchased because the lhs is the us dealer. It was a great kit to put together, I wish I would have gotten the other model but I could not justify the price.
Is there a difference in performance between the lexan body one and the hard body one?
Old 06-29-2018, 05:54 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by soze
Is there a difference in performance between the lexan body one and the hard body one?
I haven't drivien the other one, but I would say the hard body makes a already top heavy truck worse. The main chassis is the same between both. Its also the first run of a truck like this from this company, they have made upgrade stuff to help in performance. The hard body only accepts small 2200 3s packs.
Old 07-21-2018, 08:51 PM
Super Moderator

Well I have driven this truck hard and needed a rebuild, so I decided to do a 360 with it, the result.

Old 07-24-2018, 05:13 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

I haven't heard a lot about the Demon, so I appreciate the honest review. Cross RC has come a long way since the early days of the company, and they appear to be headed in the right direction.

I might pick up a kit one day, if for nothing else, to have yet another shelf Queen.
Old 07-24-2018, 05:20 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I’ve keep looking at their dually pick up truck when I stop in hobby store. Haven’t been bitten by the scaler bug yet. But it does look interesting.
Old 07-24-2018, 04:55 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by TIME MACHINE
I haven't heard a lot about the Demon, so I appreciate the honest review. Cross RC has come a long way since the early days of the company, and they appear to be headed in the right direction.

I might pick up a kit one day, if for nothing else, to have yet another shelf Queen.
Their new pickup trucks coming out look promising. By changing body and putting a more stock setup in it, handling improved a lot. I am really happy with results.
Old 07-29-2018, 07:45 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly
I’ve keep looking at their dually pick up truck when I stop in hobby store. Haven’t been bitten by the scaler bug yet. But it does look interesting.
do it. then either build or make a trailer to tow your on road cars with. plus driving a scale rig is so dang relaxing and is a different style of driving
Old 07-29-2018, 08:10 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by freaksofnature
do it. then either build or make a trailer to tow your on road cars with. plus driving a scale rig is so dang relaxing and is a different style of driving
I read that quite a bit. That scale RC is relaxing. I kinda see it but not enuff to make me jump in yet. It’s mostly from the lack of any good scale spots really in my suburbs. It’s mixed on the forest preserves out here. Some seem ok with RC, group located about 60 miles west few times a year comes this way. But some of the preserves have strictly enforced the “no motorized vehicles” rule. And take the preserve part to the full degree, issuing tickets for going off the paved bike paths.
The other is cost, I’ve got no problem spending but at almost $500 with electronics, that rough to justify. It’s on my watch list for winter as a possibility
Old 07-29-2018, 09:05 AM
Super Moderator

You definitely dont need to be in the middle of now where to go crawling, most spots I go are 15 minutes from my house, you just need to think out side the box, its as simple of finding some rocks, or a little bit of woods.
Old 07-29-2018, 09:46 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly

I read that quite a bit. That scale RC is relaxing. I kinda see it but not enuff to make me jump in yet. It’s mostly from the lack of any good scale spots really in my suburbs. It’s mixed on the forest preserves out here. Some seem ok with RC, group located about 60 miles west few times a year comes this way. But some of the preserves have strictly enforced the “no motorized vehicles” rule. And take the preserve part to the full degree, issuing tickets for going off the paved bike paths.
The other is cost, I’ve got no problem spending but at almost $500 with electronics, that rough to justify. It’s on my watch list for winter as a possibility
the redcat everest gen7 (yes redcat) makes a decent crawler 99%rtr out of the box for under 300 for the pro (scale acc like roof rack, spare tire, sand ramps, tools and jerry can)and 200 for the sport (none of the above mentioned items). they both come with basic 5000mah 6 cell nicd battery and a basic wall mount charger. i got the pro for the sport price from my lhs cuz it was a open box and demo rig. and as much as everybody bashes redcat mine does pretty well. the only thing i have changed is the radio ( put my dx3c in for the 3rd ch for my winch) esc (castle cuz its got better settings) and motor (integy 35t cuz the stock motor was to fast for me) and this thing goes the same places my old scx10 went with no problems
Old 07-29-2018, 01:34 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by freaksofnature
the redcat everest gen7 (yes redcat) makes a decent crawler 99%rtr out of the box for under 300 for the pro (scale acc like roof rack, spare tire, sand ramps, tools and jerry can)and 200 for the sport (none of the above mentioned items). they both come with basic 5000mah 6 cell nicd battery and a basic wall mount charger. i got the pro for the sport price from my lhs cuz it was a open box and demo rig. and as much as everybody bashes redcat mine does pretty well. the only thing i have changed is the radio ( put my dx3c in for the 3rd ch for my winch) esc (castle cuz its got better settings) and motor (integy 35t cuz the stock motor was to fast for me) and this thing goes the same places my old scx10 went with no problems
The RedCat is the only crawler I’ve actually driven. Coworker had one briefly. He spent 3 weeks building an indoor course for it in his basement. Used it 3-4 times then sold it and tore the course down. And sold the truck. After putting couple hundred in upgrades into it. Drove fine but without a decent spot to use. They just look slow and incredibly boring. I’ve been close to buying the Carisma few times. But keep passing on it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.