Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > Company/Manufacturer Forums > Corally Product & Tech Forum
Corally SP12M - 1:12th Ahoniemi Euros Spec >

Corally SP12M - 1:12th Ahoniemi Euros Spec

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Corally SP12M - 1:12th Ahoniemi Euros Spec

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2005, 10:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Corally SP12M - 1:12th Ahoniemi Euros Spec

Since I didn't see a thread on the Corally SP12M - 1:12th Ahoniemi Euros Spec, I thought I 'd add it!

I just bought a new Corally SP12M - 1:12th Ahoniemi Euros Spec edition and could not be happier with it. This car is HOOKED UP right out of the box! The only modification I did was added 1 degree caster and switched from the 48p spur to 64p.

I put it on the track & have placed 2nd place out of 9 cars the last two weeks. Now all I need to do is concentrate on my driving skills & maybe getting just little more power....

THANKS Corally for making such an outstanding product!.

Last edited by tbeardmore; 08-08-2005 at 08:08 PM.
Old 06-25-2005, 09:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Interesting car....wondering who sells them and what about parts availibility. I see nothing current on CorallyUSA''s online e-shop....like their pimpin 3000mah sanyo cells and assassins
Old 06-27-2005, 06:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Corally SP12M - 1:12th Ahoniemi Euros Spec

You can order through your local hobby shop or call Corally USA direct. Telephone # is on their website www.corallyusa.com Also try Stormer Hobbies.

These cars are "rock" solid and can take a hit. (but then again, if I don't hit anything and I go faster and won't break).
Old 06-27-2005, 11:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Ditto -the car is solid. I've been driving it for two years.Any thing you need is available from Corally USA.
Old 06-27-2005, 12:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Thanks guys...I'm looking into a car right now but the closest dealer is some 60 miles away. I just feel more comfortable if Corally USA would update their online store.

What kind of spares would I need to keep on hand...what breaks or wears out?
Old 06-27-2005, 03:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thumbs up Spare Parts

I haven't broken anything yet (cross my fingers) . Like I said before, it's pretty much bullit proof.

Maybe a spare set of steering blocks & maybe a t-bar would be sufficient to start with.

(FYI) The car comes completely assembled except for the center shock and the antenna mount. All you have to do is install electronics after that. It comes with Gold Rear & Silver Front tires.

I called Corally USA directly & they shipped mine to my front door...
Old 06-27-2005, 05:43 PM
Tech Champion

I've had a steering block break and that's about it.You can talk with them and get afew spares.Tire wise I've been using the purple fronts and pink rears. I run only outdoors. I would also get the front springs. I usually use the 1.0/1.1 and 1.2.
Old 06-28-2005, 11:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Talking Corally SP12M - Ahoniemi Euros Spec

I haven't tried outdoors yet - only Carpet. Silver (F) / Gold (R) is what came on the car.

I might experiment with SILVER/SILVER -or- GOLD/GOLD just to see how it handles.

I read in the Corally owners manual if you can set the car up to steer with the least amout of "FULL LOCK" steering, you will definately increase your cornering speed.

I'll try that tomorrow night (Wed's), and we'll see what happens.
Old 06-29-2005, 02:38 PM
Tech Master

It is defenetly worth getting some spare steering blocks, they are a fairly weak part. Not all that well made IMHO. If you look at one when you break it, you'll often see that they are hollow.

T Bars are worth keeping if you can't get spares easily. I think i have only ever broken 2. Not sure how they assemble the Euros car, but just check that the "L" shaped piece of carbon is directly on the T bar, not spaced away from it. The older cars had this part spaced away which isn't as strong.

In the UK, we tend to run silver tyres all round. Something like 41-43mm front dia, 50mm rear dia. This is on carpet with odourless adative.
Old 06-30-2005, 08:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Unhappy OOOoops! So much for being "Bullet Proof"..?

Whelp.... I did it. My tire change from Gold rear/ Silver Front to Gold/Gold worked very well.

The car definately had more steering so I could reduce the throw. "On Power" steering from the center out was very good!! I could definately pull the trigger earlier than I could with silver fronts.

The only problem was, they changed the track this week.... and as I was avoiding a 'back marker' (lap car) this was the result...
Attached Thumbnails Corally SP12M - 1:12th Ahoniemi Euros Spec-broken12th.jpg  

Last edited by tbeardmore; 07-07-2005 at 11:16 AM.
Old 07-01-2005, 03:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
sp12m

I am looking into the car and I have a couple questions about it. I couldn't find anything about the price of the car online so about how much is it? Also do you guys change the front suspension a lot? My final question is, do the ae springs fit on the center shock? Thanks - Austin
Old 07-02-2005, 07:28 AM
Tech Champion

They will since it is an AE shock ( I ususally use the black or gold spring) . The front end has the independent wishbones and I would stay with that. I would get the front springs (1.0,1.1 and 1.2). Are you going to the On-road nationals? The car works great at that track - we'll be glad to give you the set-up.
Old 07-02-2005, 08:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

I wish, but I'm not at the national level yet. Also do you know the price of the car? Thank you very much. -Austin
Old 07-04-2005, 09:51 AM
Tech Elite

I had purchased this car during the off season. I'm wondering about several things which aren't addressed anyway. How do you change ride height, caster, camber? And the "tweak screws" don't really put pressure on the t-bar like an AE car. I'm very confused about setups. Can anyone give me a lowdown on setting up this car? Thanks!

Dom
Old 07-04-2005, 12:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Set - Up

litespeed-dom

Mine was set up & ready to run right out of the box. The only modification I did was added 1 degree caster by adding 1 washer under the front wishbone stand and switched from the 48p spur to 64p.

The car comes with Gold Rears & Silver Fronts. You can experiment by how much tire traction additive you want to use. I would suggest "Full Rear" tire and "1/2 Front" tire additive to start with.

Front ride height is adjusted by moving the spacers under the steering block to the top of the steering block. The kit should have come with additional rear ride height adjusters that you can change to raise or lower the chassis when necessary.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.