Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Colorado Racing
5280 Raceway - Colorado On Road RC Club (CORRC) >

5280 Raceway - Colorado On Road RC Club (CORRC)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

5280 Raceway - Colorado On Road RC Club (CORRC)

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 01:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If there aren't enough chicanes we could impromptu turn a regular chicane into a double chicane. Just a thought. Something like this.

Old 05-15-2012, 01:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ByteStream
I think I counted 7 chicanes .. if the layout was worth anything it would have 8 .. Please add another and resubmit.
I'll go a step further and add 2 more just for you.
Old 05-15-2012, 01:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by samnelso
If there aren't enough chicanes we could impromptu turn a regular chicane into a double chicane. Just a thought. Something like this.
I like the high risk "ideal" line, if you can do it cleanly for 30 laps you would be my new idol.

By the way, nice crayon usage. I bet you've been waiting forever to pull those out of your desk.
Old 05-15-2012, 02:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bkspeedo
I like the high risk "ideal" line, if you can do it cleanly for 30 laps you would be my new idol.

By the way, nice crayon usage. I bet you've been waiting forever to pull those out of your desk.
sounds like the entire Klingforth clan is getting schooled right now
Old 05-15-2012, 03:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

Joey's Rebel12 tackles NorCal...

12th scale is dead here. I might as well have been standing in the middle of the track, spinning in circles at the end of a control-line Wright Flyer. It's TC or Off Road. Really nice pavement, though.
Old 05-15-2012, 03:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by beanforge
Joey's Rebel12 tackles NorCal...

12th scale is dead here. I might as well have been standing in the middle of the track, spinning in circles at the end of a control-line Wright Flyer. It's TC or Off Road. Really nice pavement, though.
That's Jason's Rebel 12 now. It looks awesome. Nice paint. I heard the pavement was great, how did the car handle?
Old 05-15-2012, 04:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

That's Jason's Rebel 12 now. It looks awesome. Nice paint. I heard the pavement was great, how did the car handle?
I just threw on some new foams and only had a 43T pinion. They were sold out of 44T through 56T. Not exactly blazing speed down the back stretch, but fun in the tight stuff. A little loose in the rear, but the tires were fresh out of the package. It would have been fun to race other 12s there, but I only managed to share the track with a nitro TC for a bit.

Sandy took a promotion at the BLM office in Lakewood. We might be relocating there in the Fall. You guys might be seeing me around and I won't have to convert my Rebel12 to offroad...
Old 05-15-2012, 04:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

I also dropped in on Michael at TOP and got some shims and a new spur. Nice guy. The TOP Racing USA warehouse is his spare bedroom.
Old 05-15-2012, 05:09 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

So my neighbor gave me this (surprising how many people have done RC before) ..

I was going to donate it to the club so people can try stuff if they walk in the door but if you can put it to good use it's yours.

Hell .. I think that the newest Speed Merchant uses the same front end
That is an old school Associated 10L. Coming from an old timer, we ran these on the oval back in the late 80's and early 90's before Associated introduced the super speedway cars. The fun part about those cars was installing shims in the front end to adjust camber and castor!!
Old 05-15-2012, 05:13 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by beanforge
I also dropped in on Michael at TOP and got some shims and a new spur. Nice guy. The TOP Racing USA warehouse is his spare bedroom.
Michael is one of the greatest guys in RC. He and EJ have always been extremely kind to CORRC.

You gonna go to Norcal to watch Reedy next week? It's basically going to be worlds lite, every driver worth watching (in the world) will be there.
Old 05-15-2012, 05:35 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Michael is one of the greatest guys in RC. He and EJ have always been extremely kind to CORRC.

You gonna go to Norcal to watch Reedy next week? It's basically going to be worlds lite, every driver worth watching (in the world) will be there.
With that sort of talk where is your EX? I'm starting to really like the EX. If someone from your track is looking to get hammered drunk - tell them to stop by
Old 05-15-2012, 05:42 PM

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Adam I have the new UPS in, I'll drop it off at your pit either tomorrow or Thurs. I also have the 50ft ethernet cable with it.

When are those boards going up? I'll help get em installed and such if we pick a day to do it that I am around.

Last edited by Clegg; 05-15-2012 at 06:33 PM.
Old 05-15-2012, 05:44 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Where is everyone? Or someone? No race/practice on Tuesday's??
Old 05-15-2012, 06:12 PM

This is probably 3 paragraphs too long for the average CORRC attention span, so I apologize in advance.

Because our track currently looks like a vacant business homeless people are hiding in, or just an out of business store front that left behind some crap, I think something should change with the Tracks Image. I am going to pay for and produce these on my own independent of the track or its funds. I do need help with the message and design though! I am not a graphic designer.

I was thinking of 2 banners (one on either side of the front door), and one of the spare Beta Brites (showing Race Dates/times). Talking about the track.

Another idea I have is if we can get any more sponsor banners, like Top, Hudy, Associated, CRC, etc... and put those up in the windows as well. Make it flashy, colorful, and fun looking. Like people actually race here. Make it look fun and catch peoples eyes.

The Track Specific banners: (ideas)
Colorado's Premiere Indoor R/C On-road Race Club
Check us out on the web at CORRC.ORG
(we could also just take that wind blown banner above the front door and use that)

Largest Indoor On-road Race Track in Colorado!
Open to all Skill Levels, Open to the Public
Come in and Check it out.

I realize the net result of this wont pull in masses of new drivers, but what it will do is make the track look more professional, Organized, and open. If we get one curious person or father who is like "Wow thats cool" and they get serious about racing... it's worth it to the club. And if we don't, the track still looks better to visitors.

Another idea I was pondering is a "What to go racing? Here is what you need:" basic suggestion/info sheet for people who stop by. With some basic ideas on costs so people know what it's all about if they need that info.

I am open to ideas and suggestions on the message. Some of the graphics, and styling that Arts wife implemented on the MHIC shirts would definitely rock to get into these. Art would you or her be interested in helping?

I am all for funding, helping design, and installing these, but I definitely need help with the design and message.

Last edited by Clegg; 05-15-2012 at 06:36 PM.
Old 05-15-2012, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by bdbachus
Where is everyone? Or someone? No race/practice on Tuesday's??
Didn't see many say they would be able to make it tonight, but I figured someone would be there. I would be down there but just got out of some minor surgery and am still fairly sedated, so I had to bail.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.