Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Colorado Racing
5280 Raceway - Colorado On Road RC Club (CORRC) >

5280 Raceway - Colorado On Road RC Club (CORRC)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

5280 Raceway - Colorado On Road RC Club (CORRC)

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 10:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Originally Posted by burkett
our new name could be
"halv way to kansas rc club"
Geez...no WONDER it was such a long drive to Salt Lake City for lunch. Right Mark?
Old 11-27-2007, 05:30 AM
Tech Master

Scottrik-Again it was nice to meet you and put a screen name to a face. I hope you enjoyed your stay as well as the Racin'. We'll see you in march Oh yeah have you ever raced on a carpet track that BIG

SlamMan-I second your theory about starting in the center and working it outward, should go down faster with less irregularities. As far as the loop goes HTW uses a much thinner wire, with a diode or capacitor or something in the center? Which would almost be invisible, actually "E plex" has a few loops under there track I bet they know what needs to be done to accomplish this goal.

Grenade/LeeS-drew up one layout with the tape lines in it (Lee). And did the best I could do for the high speed sections away from the edges(Mark) actually if we were to acquire some Kydex, Lexan, 3" tall plastic sheets. It would make the carousels, sweepers a much smoother surface as well. Let's keep those thoughts flowing...
Old 11-27-2007, 05:36 AM
Tech Master

Dinger-as well if the facility is open earlier than the posted 8am. time it would be good to get started earlier. I for one would be willing to get started earlier. Just let us/me know...

AlDente-the 12/29 date of practice and set-up works good for me.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:08 AM
Tech Elite

fellas, i understand your frustration with the barriers. i would like you all to know that i have raced more with these barriers than anyone. i would like to throw this out there though. our track is much larger than most. the bigger the track, the faster you go. not only that, but at westy we were all running stock. now we run 19t. ever notice how few rubber tire cars break? i am not trying to play down the problems with the barriers, but as for right now, they serve the purpose. we have all talked about purchasing new barriers, but the club needs to get a few years under it's belt first.

art is 100% correct with the carpet issue. 1 seam at a time, from the center out. both length wise and width wise.

as far as the loop goes. once it was lowered to the manufacturer's suggested height, it worked perfectly. we need the tower for out door racing anyhow, and we will continue to use it. it gives a good visual for a start finish line, and is easy and simple to set up. there is never a question as to where it is and is one less thing to worry about.

we, as a club have just completed only our second indoor race. the race day issues will go away with practice. the officers and the guys running the race are going through great pains try to make this the best program around. lets not bury the hatchet after only 2 races.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scottrik
No idea what's in the black box. We just coil up the yellow cord and twist some speaker wire onto the wire ends of the yellow cord. I'm pretty sure the black box is still there, just up stream a bit by then.
The actuall loop has a second black box in the wire. I've got some small bell wire, that we could try under the carpet and see what happens. I'll work on this for next time. We could put the bridge up and swap between while practice is going on.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:08 AM
Tech Elite

why fix what is not broken. we should be spending our time trying to figure out how to get the carpet smoother, the boards more part friendly, and the program to run more efficently.
Old 11-27-2007, 10:40 AM
Tech Addict

Default Within driving distance this year

"Hobbyplex in Omaha Nebraska is the selected venue for 2008 On Road Carpet Nationals. Tenative dates are Feb 27-Mar 2, 2008 for the event.
More info coming by the end of this week.
Old 11-27-2007, 10:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by imjonah
"Hobbyplex in Omaha Nebraska is the selected venue for 2008 On Road Carpet Nationals. Tenative dates are Feb 27-Mar 2, 2008 for the event.
More info coming by the end of this week.
dates changed to March 5-9....
Old 11-27-2007, 11:01 AM
d
Tech Initiate

hi guys Sunday was great day of racing the boards work good and they keep cars in there own lane at the speed the cars are moving parts will brake no stopping that . we just need to bring more parts d out
Old 11-27-2007, 11:25 AM
Tech Elite

eventually the club would like to have a better system. personally i feel like the crc system is the way to go. there is just a huge expense that the club has to lay down to make it happen. on the other hand, there were 12 guys that layed down $500 each to buy the carpet. perhapps if a different 12 guys wanted to lay down the money to buy a new barrier system, the club would certianly take that under consideration.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by al dente
eventually the club would like to have a better system. personally i feel like the crc system is the way to go. there is just a huge expense that the club has to lay down to make it happen. on the other hand, there were 12 guys that layed down $500 each to buy the carpet. perhapps if a different 12 guys wanted to lay down the money to buy a new barrier system, the club would certianly take that under consideration.
I have to admit I held out joining the club because mainly I am a huge skeptic. I have comeout every race so far and was won over with what I saw and finally joined. If the club decides to get a new board system pending what needs to be spent I wouldnt mind being 1 of 12 to contribute....
Old 11-27-2007, 06:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mike 415
What a great Day! Darkside Victory

E... good running. Nice to see ya run 12th

RRR... you need sum cells

Grenade...Maybe next time..
Yes, a good day for the Darkside guys, congrats on the Win Mike! I had a good time, overall a well run event.

-E
Old 11-27-2007, 06:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

I could probably pull together some cash to support the barrier system...
Old 11-27-2007, 09:24 PM
Tech Adept

RRR - Thanks for doing a layout with the tape lines. I think it will help keep the tape lines out the main drive lines and help with setup.

As far as the CRC barriers are concerned that is some thing for the future. I think that we should have a group meeting at the next race day and talk about it. If we can get a group of people willing to put in some cash to buy the system. Then we need to do some investigating to see how much would be required to do a complex infield. After we set up the next layout we need to count how many 8' sections we used, how many curved pieces how many short sections we used. Once we figure out how much money is required go back the members and see if the interest is still there.

Later, Lee
Old 11-27-2007, 09:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

ROAR Nationals - Revised dated March 15 / 16th. Tim sent me the clarification. We need to see how many racers will make the trip and if we still want to run on the 16th.

As for the barriers, the straights are 2.20/ft at our cost and yes CRC already said we can get the 15% discount. But my guess would be $4,000 +/- to do what we are using already. Maybe look at doing the infield and use the boards to do the exterior. Lets have this part of our anuall club meeting on December 30th.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.