Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Colorado Racing
5280 Raceway - Colorado On Road RC Club (CORRC) >

5280 Raceway - Colorado On Road RC Club (CORRC)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

5280 Raceway - Colorado On Road RC Club (CORRC)

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 05:44 AM
Tech Master

Hey there, First off I would like to thank Mario again for getting HobbyTown dialed in on some VHT for the Fall Classic

Aswell I would like to thank the local onroad club (CORRC) for there support at last week's 13th annual HobbyTown Fall Classic. The turnout was good considering everything going on with the economy..... Lot's of good times

See all soon.....

Russ Horton
Old 09-22-2009, 09:33 AM
Tech Regular

Important CORRC Business!!!

Any Board Members, Officers and Club Members that are available for a meeting tonite at 6:30pm please try and attend. It should only take 30 minutes or less.

Two main topics are:
1. Significant expenses that will require membership approval
2. Winter Racing

Again.. please come down if at all possible. Sorry for the short notice, if you know anyone that is interested that does not read this forum all the time give them a call and let them know about this.

thanks... cdee
Old 09-22-2009, 10:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Tonight was fun and interesting! I hope all goes well while I am away working look forward to coming back to a new bit of racing. Starnes as always tons of fun running with you tonight. I swear everytime I come back you get faster and faster. Look forward to racing you again when I get back. Practice up there still is more in the new ride....
Old 09-22-2009, 10:36 PM
Tech Regular

The Outdoor Track has been dis-assembled and stored for winter. Thanks to all that came out to help with that.

CORRC Meeting Details....

Three topics were on the table.

1. Approving the potential new lease for the family dollar
2. Approving the purchase of one roll of new carpet (12 x 80)
3. Approving the purchase of materials for a sub-floor (or not)

Point #3 - Due to the short notice and magnitude of this item, it was decided that it should be shelved until thursday (9/24). This will allow for more people to attend, and to be part of the decision of what we will lay our carpet on. There are basically two choices, lay it down on the tile, or build a subfloor. Again this is short notice, but we are running out of time to make things happen in time for the Season Opener on October 4th. In our last meeting we did discuss meeting on or before the 25th, so this does fall into place as planned.

Point #2 - attending members approved the purchase of one roll of carpet at a much reduced price. This piece of carpet in conjunction with what we have in the back room will allow for a completely new surface.

Point #1 - We do not have a "signed" lease from the landlords as of today, but we have been given a "verbal". Since the lease will be essentially unchanged "in terms" from the lease that the club voted on in April, it was decided that voting on this would have been redundent.

So, with all that said, the sub-floor (or not) will be the main topic of discussion on thursday, we may at that time, also have "firmer" details on the lease. As it stands now, we will likely keep the old track running while setting up the new one, this will allow for virtually no interruption of racing.

Again... I realize this is short notice, but it is due to events out of our control. Come if you can on thursday, and if not, contact myself or another officer via PM, email or phone.

thanks... cdee
Old 09-23-2009, 08:30 AM
Tech Regular

i would like a verification from the meeting tues,that the new lease does include two years for the outdoor season.thanks cris
Old 09-23-2009, 08:50 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mtnman
i would like a verification from the meeting tues,that the new lease does include two years for the outdoor season.thanks cris
As long as our landlord owns that property, and we have a lease with them, we will be able to use the parking lot for outdoor racing.
Old 09-23-2009, 02:40 PM
Tech Elite

i just got pricing back for the subfloor, it is much less than we discussed last night. however, i also checked the balence in our account, and payed the rent for next month, and it is also less than what we talked about.

more details to come at the meeting thursday.
Old 09-23-2009, 04:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by al dente
i just got pricing back for the subfloor, it is much less than we discussed last night. however, i also checked the balence in our account, and payed the rent for next month, and it is also less than what we talked about.

more details to come at the meeting thursday.
I've also got pricing coming for the sub floor as well from the family lumberyard. I may not be able to make the meeting but will pass the cost on.
Old 09-24-2009, 02:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Is there a time set for the meeting tonight?
Old 09-24-2009, 08:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Chris D.--I hope these guys thank you EVERY time they see you for all you do. If you move to Montana I PROMISE you we'd treat you like a king.
Old 09-24-2009, 09:00 PM
Tech Champion

What is everybody using for Netbooks to do their esc magic incantations? Unkle Skott needs to get one and this sort of stuff just plain ain't my forte'.

Wasn't someone talking about some sub-$200 likely candidate some time back?

Thanks,

Scottrik
Old 09-24-2009, 09:09 PM
Tech Champion

Default 20th Annual Magic City Classic dates set

Hey guys, just a LOT of advance notice that the 20th Annual Magic City Classic will be held the weekend of March 12-14, 2010. I'll post up more info as it becomes available over the next few months. Several of your crew have been up and participated in this annual race-fest and I'm sure can vouch for the program. We'll have to come up with something special for this "big" anniversary event...not sure what just now, but we'll have to come up with something.

This year we will be running the following classes on a regular basis so you can be certain they'll be part of the Classic:

17.5 TC Rubber

1/12 SuperStock (1s / 13.5 ROAR spec)

1/12 Stock (4-cell / 17.5 or 27T)

World GT (1s / 13.5 / Spec Tire ROAR and WGT spec)

Vintage TA (2s / 21.5 full USVTA spec)

Club-spec Vintage TA (4-cell / 27T only, 1525g minimum weight)

I'm also pretty darn certain we would add a 1s / 17.5 ROAR 1/12 Stock class for this event--we just had to maintain the "old tech" spec for one more year to accomodate our biggest class of racers.

It is quite likely we would also add 13.5 rubber TC and something like a 10.5 / Foam TC as the guys like a Speed Fix now and again, especially on the "big" track.

Jot it down on your calendar...we'll look forward to seeing ya'll!!

Scottrik
Old 09-25-2009, 06:16 AM
Tech Regular

CORRC Club meeting 9/24/09 – Twenty Members in attendance.

Agenda: Discuss race surface options and vote on a method / solution.

Next Club Meeting – November 15th, 2009 / 9am (Sunday)

Lots of people that had ideas and information about different solutions. In the end, there were basically two options; put the carpet down directly on the floor, or put the carpet down onto a fabricated sub floor.

A big consideration for the sub floor option was cost, and our existing / outstanding obligation to some individuals for the initial purchase of carpet 2 years ago. After a treasury report, some discussion and show of hands for potential donations, and revenue that will be generated during the next 4 weeks, it was determined that we had enough in the bank to take care of the outstanding carpet obligation, and buy materials for a sub floor. After some more discussion and another tour of the new space, members voted 18 to 1 in favor of spending the money to build a sub floor.

A couple other items that were discussed: The concern about not enough notice being given for the meeting, upcoming elections in December and Oval Racing.

Meetings, whenever possible will have the minimum require notice given, in this particular case, we are trying to bring together a lot of details in a short amount of time, my apologizes to members that were not able to make it because of the short notice, and thanks to all of the twenty members that were able to make it.

Elections are coming up in December. Club Officer positions, and Board Member positions will be open. If you have some interest in this, please let it be known to your fellow club members.

Looks like Oval Racing will be coming to CORRC. The specific details have yet to be ironed out, but at this time the plan is to hold an Oval Race once a month, and will be done in conjunction with the changing of the road course layout. Many members present at the meeting expressed interest in participating. This will be a club run and supported event.

corrc carpet vp / cdee
Old 09-25-2009, 07:07 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Last night really made me proud to be a member of the club. There was lots of good, meaningful discussion on the topic at hand, and we worked as a group to reason through the issues. And for the most part, a bunch of spirited, competitive guys discussed a hotly debated RC topic with respect for one another.

I came in somewhat opposed to the idea of a sub-floor, but after hearing all sides of the discussion, and seeing the surface of the potential new space, I left convinced it was the best choice. It was also inspiring to see that almost everybody there was willing to offer up a donation for something they felt was for the greater good of racing.

If things play out the way they appear to be, there's going to be some great racing in Denver this winter. And get those pan cars ready, 'cause the new surface will be smooth as glass.
Old 09-25-2009, 07:25 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Also, for the guys that saw the potential new space last night, here's a glimpse at what the The Gate put together for their new track in the last couple of weeks. Some of the similarities to what we've got are striking.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/6342894-post334.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.