Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Colorado Racing
5280 Raceway - Colorado On Road RC Club (CORRC) >

5280 Raceway - Colorado On Road RC Club (CORRC)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

5280 Raceway - Colorado On Road RC Club (CORRC)

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 08:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I would like to add my add my "very well done" to everyone involved. Food was great, announcing and pace was good, and the racing awesome.

Till the next time.
Old 03-15-2009, 08:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

What a great weekend of racing...overall it was really exciting to see everyone out racing and pushing each other to excel in every race and main. At times competing with the guy across from you can increase tensions, but at the end of the day we are all here for one reason and that is to have fun.

I was really to happy to see so many freindly faces out to race and really appreciated the effort that some people made to make this race so exciting. Chris and Keith really did a great job organizing this race and making it come off without a hitch. The tech crew and announcing was spot on and despite some bumps did a really great job.

Thanks to all of the sponsors that helped provide the prizes and handouts for the race. Local or not thanks for all of the support.

The food crew was very helpful in keeping all of the races full and ready for more racing. The Stranes and Kemm Families thank you very much.

Thanks to all of the guys that drove down from the FC area you guys did a great job.

It was great to see Scott and JP from Montana, you guys are fun to have racing with us. I hope to make it up there some day to race with you guys as well.

Great job to all of the winners!

On a personal note: Thanks to Stevo, Adam, Weylin, Mike D, and Ben for keeping my head in this race. I really appreciate all of your help and support. I know we all had our own issues, but in the end I still had a great time racing with all of you.

Last edited by artwork; 03-15-2009 at 08:22 PM.
Old 03-15-2009, 08:12 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Great weekend. Thanks to all who made this race a great one. Rusty, good to hear your voice announcing. Nice to see Cato make an appearence to play "Tech Nazi" for a day.
Old 03-15-2009, 08:46 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Colorado, USA, The land of the free and the home of the brave!
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

For anybody who has authority to manipulate functions to the CORRC.ORG site -

The "photos" tab seems to be defunct. -

http://corrc.org/photos/

I don't know about you guys, be the only text that appears is "a.tips" at the top left of the screen. It may be my stupid computer, who knows.

Just a heads up.
Old 03-15-2009, 09:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by artwork
What a great weekend of racing...overall it was really exciting to see everyone out racing and pushing each other to excel in every race and main. At times competing with the guy across from you can increase tensions, but at the end of the day we are all here for one reason and that is to have fun.
Very true....I really think that something needs to be put in place to keep....say....rough driving to a minimum. Maybe we should start penalizing when it happens? I Think it would go along way to keeping the tempers from flaring. Also I personally would like to see the heats stacked a bit more then say 5-6 cars. I know this weekend I saw a few racers driving thru people, Not lifting if there is a car in their line and plowing right thru others. Curiuos to hear some thoughts on this???

On a side note again thanks to Chirs, Keith. Russ Santa Claus Horton, Starnes and all involved in putting on the event and making it happen.

Congrats to all the winners and to Jon Phelps for dialing in my WGT car it was money just didn't have the luck to finish it off for the win.
Old 03-15-2009, 10:02 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Thanks for the heads up on the website bug Kyle, it should be fixed now. I'll work with guys that took pictures and videos to get them online as quickly as possible.

Wow, what a race! Thank you so much to all be people behind the scenes that made this possible. You all did a remarkable job of keeping things together, and handling little issues gracefully. You guys allowed us to showcase just how great on-road racing is in this area, and should all be proud. Dealing with competitive, spirited racers requires more patience than any single person should have to posess. I know the work you do is sometimes thankless, and often a little frustrating, but you guys enabled one of the truly great RC events I've ever witnessed, and should be extremely proud of everything you accomplished. My deepest gratitude for all your hard work toward making this race, and this club a great success.

The mains were rough. I'm a big fan of the whole "that's racing" mentality when it comes to most things that happen on the track, but getting driven straight through, or not being shown any racing courtesy is really frustrating. Just because someone ahead of you is slowing down to make a turn doesn't mean you should drive through the apex and hit them. I was lucky enough to start near the front, and felt like a bowling pin as my car went flying off the track, hit from behind every time. For the most part, there was a lot of spectacular racing, but some of the stuff that went down in the mains was a bit of a let down after all the fun leading up to it. Congratulations to all the winners for their fine driving and... ability to survive!

I had a fantastic weekend, and can't wait to get back to the track! Thanks to all the guys that came out to join us, and to all the members that enthusiastically supported their club this weekend. You guys showed exactly why on-road here is thriving during a time that's tough in many other areas. I'm proud to be part of this group, and look forward to racing with all of you in the future.
Old 03-16-2009, 06:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

What a fun weekend!!!

The quality of the racing was great .... everyone getting pushed to a little faster each round. Yes there was some rough driving and I'm at fault as well, so maybe we all need to race cleaner. If a faster car is coming up, give the line, let e'm by and then tuck in behind and weight for the ... Doink ...

What is really amazing is that this club did not exist 18 months ago. Look where you all have taken this!!!

To Chris, Keith, Mario and Art you have done a wonderful job in hearding the bunch of R/C racers into a well run club (Dave, your time is coming soon). The track crew, Jim, Dave, Rich and Mike very nice job keeping our track "Down".

I'm looking forward to doing some pavement racing this summer, and I'm sure the events will be a ton of fun.

Thanks for a great weekend to all that helped as well as to all the racers.

Mark
Old 03-16-2009, 08:13 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks for putting such a great show. To all the hard work put on by everyone, kudos. I thought the way everything was handled with regard to teching, announcing, etc. was awesome. Thanks to Russ for the great job behind the mic and keeping things running smooth. I thought the on site lunch was an excellent idea, plus it was very tasty!

I will go out on a limb here and suggest having the track cleaned, I REALLY think it will help even the traction out. I'm pretty sure I'm not alone in the issue I was having with the tires becoming gummy the last few min of a race making the car a handful. Not trying to bit*h, I really think this will help the level of competition progress at the club. This is coming from a non-member, so maybe I don't have a say, but that's my $.02

Overall, I had a great time, and thanks again!
Old 03-16-2009, 08:13 AM
Tech Elite

And for all who missed the "Un-veiling" of our own RC Super Hero ....
Attached Thumbnails 5280 Raceway - Colorado On Road RC Club (CORRC)-mario-super-rc-hero.jpg  
Old 03-16-2009, 08:14 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Grenade10
And for all who missed the "Un-veiling" of our own RC Super Hero ....
Just what I've always wanted, a remote control Mario!!!
Old 03-16-2009, 08:20 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RC_Dan
I will go out on a limb here and suggest having the track cleaned, I REALLY think it will help even the traction out. I'm pretty sure I'm not alone in the issue I was having with the tires becoming gummy the last few min of a race making the car a handful.
Dan, the club is very aware of the carpet issue. We decided not to clean the carpet due to what will probably happen to the tile below. We have had to replace around 250-300 tiles based on the glue coming up after the carpet from the old tenant was removed. Water was used to get the carpet glue released, and it did the same to some of the tile.

Since we are moving to our new home just down the complex in 60 days, I think we will probably clean the carpet prior to taking it up and moving to the new space. This was a long discussion at dinner again last night, but I think this is the dirrection we are going.

By the way, glad to see you down at the track and hope I can get another shot to get past you. I was aware the points were going to be close in 1/12 stock, but to go down to the last tie breaker was pretty interesting.
Old 03-16-2009, 09:22 AM
Tech Elite

hey mini dub, you had better get over to the nats thread and stick up for yourself.......
Old 03-16-2009, 03:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DPowell
I'll be around but I'm not racing this weekend. Gotta see Disney on Ice with the Grandkids.
Doug,

I've sent you 3-4 emails over the last 10-12 days, did you get them?
Old 03-16-2009, 04:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Bob,
The last email I have from you was on the 6th. Nothing since then. I'll send you a PM with another email address.
Old 03-16-2009, 04:55 PM
Tech Regular

CORRC Race Results for CCC'09

Results show all the rounds, there was no text version (that I could find) that calculated the AAA's. I did group them together by class.

http://www.corrc.org/results/410/sun...rch-15th-2009/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.