Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Colorado Racing
5280 Raceway - Colorado On Road RC Club (CORRC) >

5280 Raceway - Colorado On Road RC Club (CORRC)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

5280 Raceway - Colorado On Road RC Club (CORRC)

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 05:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

T-MINUS 13:04:00 and counting until the lil' white fun bus pulls out of B-Town and heads south.

What's the weather forcast in Denver this weekend (temps, etc?) We've been getting snow with lows right down at zero and highs in the teens. Today is the first half-decent day in a while.
Old 03-11-2009, 07:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scottrik
T-MINUS 13:04:00 and counting until the lil' white fun bus pulls out of B-Town and heads south.

What's the weather forcast in Denver this weekend (temps, etc?) We've been getting snow with lows right down at zero and highs in the teens. Today is the first half-decent day in a while.
Good travel day on Thursday. Friday MAYBE snow in the am, great the rest of the week. I was checking on your weather as I have a crew that left today to do some work in Jackson Hole. Hope the snow had already gone east for them.

See you Friday afternoon.

Mark
Old 03-13-2009, 05:46 AM
Tech Regular

Let the Racing Begin.. !!!

Huge thanks to all that came out last nite to help and get things ready for racing this week-end. I did entered everyone that had already registered into the computer while I was there... 68 enteries so far!! If you are racing, come to have fun, and if you are spectating, come to have fun!!

thanks again everyone!
cdee
Old 03-13-2009, 08:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by cdee
Let the Racing Begin.. !!!

Huge thanks to all that came out last nite to help and get things ready for racing this week-end. I did entered everyone that had already registered into the computer while I was there... 68 enteries so far!! If you are racing, come to have fun, and if you are spectating, come to have fun!!

thanks again everyone!
cdee
And if you're coming ever to help setup a new track layout...stay out of Jim's way.

I learned that last night...

Last edited by Turkey Boy; 03-13-2009 at 08:25 AM.
Old 03-13-2009, 10:24 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Will the heats be posted online? I'm not going to be able to make it down until Sat night as I have to work Sat during the day. Any idea how late the track will be open Sat, and will there be practice after qualifying?
Old 03-13-2009, 11:54 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

BetaBrite #2 is alive and well. We mounted it over the arch above the snack room.
Old 03-14-2009, 06:18 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Guys; my pits are open for use as i won't be racing this weekend. Have a great weekend of toy car fun.
Old 03-14-2009, 12:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

anybody seen Doug Powell around?
Old 03-14-2009, 01:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bob-Stormer
anybody seen Doug Powell around?
I'll be around but I'm not racing this weekend. Gotta see Disney on Ice with the Grandkids.
Old 03-14-2009, 08:17 PM
Tech Regular

1st day of Racing... CORRC Carpet Challenge 2009!!!

Lots of fun, thanks to everyone that has been helping out with stuff so far, especially with the mic and tech... great job.

Round 5 is attached in pdf format. This shows how you have done up to this point in terms of qualifing, it will also (unless we get more entries) be the line up for the first heat in the morning... 9am
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
PrintHeats.pdf (36.2 KB, 183 views)
Old 03-15-2009, 05:48 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Colorado, USA, The land of the free and the home of the brave!
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

What a race! I don't know about you guys, but i had PLENTY of fun runnin' down there. I think that was the first race i've been to where 5 rounds of qualifying where done, very awesome indeed. Major props to the guys whom ran and organised the race, everything was top-notch quality and nothing more could have been asked from them. The t-shirt design is probably the best i've seen from any big race as well, thank's to Art's wife (Mrs. Scrimo), of course.

Needless to say, it was a great weekend for me.

-Kyle

Last edited by a_main_attendee; 03-15-2009 at 08:48 PM. Reason: Freaking fat fingers man... Always gotta type faster than my brain can think! lol
Old 03-15-2009, 06:34 PM
Tech Regular

2009 CORRC Carpet Challenge is in the Books.....

Hope everyone had as much fun as I did! Thanks again to the tech masters (Bauer & Caton) and the race announcer (Rusty), and of course all the others that helped to keep things going. None of this would have been possible without the support of those that helped.

Grats to all the winners! Special thanks to all the sponsors, excellent lunch menu by M.Starnes, and a round of applause to everyone else.

Results will be up on the website and here sometime tomorrow.

C.Doerr
CORRC VP Carpet
Old 03-15-2009, 06:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks to all that helped put on the race...(Chris....Russ....etc)....

Props to Ben Archer & Kyle Lanning for the wins!
Old 03-15-2009, 07:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

CORRC members-

I Would like to say hello, I am Patrick and as of Friday I will be an aurora resident. Where do I sign up for the club? Membership dues?If my GF races does she need a roar membership for novice? Do I need to update my roar to race? and where is the racing the weekend of march 27/28? and are we lucky enough to have weekly races in the area? I am looking forward to racing in the coming season.

Foam tc is mod or 10.5? rubber class spec tires?, if they are spec where are they available? Largest rubber tire class is 13.5 or 17.5? and whats your 1.12th format? 4 cell 10.5/13.5 or 17.5?

Last, is there a hobby shop in the area that stocks Xray or serpent?

look forward to racing with you guys, especially after the snow melts and we can make smoke

Patrick
Old 03-15-2009, 07:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rx7ttlm
CORRC members-

I Would like to say hello, I am Patrick and as of Friday I will be an aurora resident. Where do I sign up for the club? Membership dues?If my GF races does she need a roar membership for novice? Do I need to update my roar to race? and where is the racing the weekend of march 27/28? and are we lucky enough to have weekly races in the area? I am looking forward to racing in the coming season.

Foam tc is mod or 10.5? rubber class spec tires?, if they are spec where are they available? Largest rubber tire class is 13.5 or 17.5? and whats your 1.12th format? 4 cell 10.5/13.5 or 17.5?

Last, is there a hobby shop in the area that stocks Xray or serpent?

look forward to racing with you guys, especially after the snow melts and we can make smoke

Patrick
First Off...Welcome!

www.corrc.org will have the info on club membership fees, but it sounds like a family membership might be right up your alley. We currently do not require a ROAR membership to race.

We just got finished up with our big two day race this weekend. We had about 80 entries or so. This town has a very strong R/C racing community and the on-road side is doing really well. We race twice a week right now Thursday nights and Sundays. Most of the info is on the website but as a quick recap we run 10.5 foam, 13.5 rubber, 1/12th 17.5 (4cell), VTA, WGT, as well as any other class we can get enough people for. We will also be starting a couple of new classes, 10.5 1S LIPO 1/12th scale and RCGT.

About Hobby shops...there are a few in the Aurora area, but I am not sure how well they stock Xray parts. Hobby Town in Westminster has a good selection on Xray parts, as for Serpent you are on your own no one in town is stocking parts.

The club will be racing outside this summer as well...look forward to a big track with a nice surface. More details to come as we get closer to setting a summer schedule.

Lastly, the level on competetion in this town seems to be growing every day. We have such a great group of racers that are very dedicated and very passionate about R/C. Look forward to meeting and racing with you. If you need anything or have any other questions shoot me a PM.

Thanks,
Art

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.