Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Colorado Racing
5280 Raceway - Colorado On Road RC Club (CORRC) >

5280 Raceway - Colorado On Road RC Club (CORRC)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

5280 Raceway - Colorado On Road RC Club (CORRC)

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 06:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Just one week until the thunder rolls and the lighting strikes at the Brawl in Billings!! It's not too late... Come test your metal against drivers from six western states and Canada.
Old 02-20-2009, 09:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have to admit the 1c lipo deal had me on the fence. After seeing it run last night I will be converting my car as well. However the rumor of using a specific motor setup doesn't sit well with me especially since I can only run on brand of motors. Would like to hear some ideas for this... I'm all for just using a 10.5 or what-not.
Old 02-20-2009, 11:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gitsum
I have to admit the 1c lipo deal had me on the fence. After seeing it run last night I will be converting my car as well. However the rumor of using a specific motor setup doesn't sit well with me especially since I can only run on brand of motors. Would like to hear some ideas for this... I'm all for just using a 10.5 or what-not.
You're not the only one in that boat, so probably do the 10.5 and let's it get started.

Who knows, maybe next year we'll be 1 cell 17.5 for one class and 10.5 for the other class. That way you could use the same car, battery just change out the motor. If you wanted to run a race that only used cells, you'd be set for 17.5, and with a 13.5 you've got everything coverd.

My 2 Cents.
Old 02-20-2009, 11:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Why not 1c and 13.5 like is already being run elsewhere?
Old 02-20-2009, 11:52 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by DPowell
I agree, But then again it allows us to use the 10.5 thats been dorment since the 13.5 came to play. D.P do you make a car that would work for lipo s1?
Old 02-20-2009, 12:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Speedy Gun
D.P do you make a car that would work for lipo s1?
I have a couple things up my sleeve that will work with a LiPo. One is the Rug Burn car that I have raced on occasion. That car would be perfect for LiPo.
Old 02-20-2009, 12:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DPowell
I'm not sure who came up with the 10.5 motor, just what was offered.
Old 02-20-2009, 01:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Grenade10
I'm not sure who came up with the 10.5 motor, just what was offered.
Not sure who started the 10.5 deal but I would do either makes no difference. Now if this class goes towards that 380 motor system (forgot the name ) then I'm out.
Old 02-20-2009, 02:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

I was running mike's car most of the night before I broke it... Sorry Mike

I really would not want to go any slower. I think it would be OK to have a 13.5 3.7 LIPO class, but I think it will be too slow. I personally think that the 17.5 class is too slow and does not challenge some of the better drivers in that class. After running Mike's car last night I might be sold on the idea of a single cell 3.7v LIPO, but have to try and make it fit in a Tbar car. If I ever have any money I am gonna buy a 1/12th scale car and then figure out which direction I want to go.
Old 02-20-2009, 04:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Sorry Art...I don't agree. Controlling a "faster" car often requires "different" skills, but does not necessarily make them "better" skills. When horsepower is limited driving skill is taxed to it's fullest--you HAVE to drive the proper line lap after lap to succeed, not able to count on horsepower to bail you out or one of your overpowered competitors to make a mistake.

Look at the closest racing in "real" racing. It's not in F-1, it's in Formula Ford. It's not in Formula Extreme, it's in 600 Prod. Etc, etc etc.

A lot of folks get their racing rush with beaucoup horsepower under their trigger finger...and that's awesome that it works like that for them (and you, it sounds like). I, personally, and a lot of folks I know get a bigger rush from dicing it up in a small pack knowing that one mistake can (and will) cost you the race. That's what keeps me coming back year after year. And while I dice with the front of the pack here in our own little insular club, I relish trying to stay within 2 laps or so of the Mitch Wittemans and Brian Bodines of the 1/12 world.

The challenge is what you make it.
Old 02-20-2009, 04:46 PM
Tech Elite

I have to agree I love the feel of too much power vs just enough. I am all for a full blown mod class . eing a Tx. transplant I have come to find that in this part of the globe the trend is to go slower sadly so . Seems noone wants or has the drive to go fast and test themselves. Just my observation.... I do understand and agree that running a heat where everyone is equal and one mistake can cost you the win is fun...but eventually it gets old and boring to me. Give me speed!!!
Old 02-20-2009, 06:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scottrik
Sorry Art...I don't agree. Controlling a "faster" car often requires "different" skills, but does not necessarily make them "better" skills. When horsepower is limited driving skill is taxed to it's fullest--you HAVE to drive the proper line lap after lap to succeed, not able to count on horsepower to bail you out or one of your overpowered competitors to make a mistake.

Look at the closest racing in "real" racing. It's not in F-1, it's in Formula Ford. It's not in Formula Extreme, it's in 600 Prod. Etc, etc etc.

A lot of folks get their racing rush with beaucoup horsepower under their trigger finger...and that's awesome that it works like that for them (and you, it sounds like). I, personally, and a lot of folks I know get a bigger rush from dicing it up in a small pack knowing that one mistake can (and will) cost you the race. That's what keeps me coming back year after year. And while I dice with the front of the pack here in our own little insular club, I relish trying to stay within 2 laps or so of the Mitch Wittemans and Brian Bodines of the 1/12 world.

The challenge is what you make it.
Don't worry most people do not agree with me, and I kinda like that! but IMHO driving a faster car will make you a better driver and mechanic in the long run. Once you get used to the speed you will go faster then the people that always run at slower speeds. I can tell you that driving slower does teach you some unique skills, but nothing prepares you for the speed of a mod motor. The skills it requires to setup and drive a faster car in the long run will pay dividends. The one thing that running 17.5 will never show you is how to control and roll throttle. In 17.5 you drive pretty strapped, and trying to do that in Mod will get you a broke car pretty fast. To each their own, but I think the personal challenge sounds fun!
Old 02-20-2009, 07:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by artwork
Don't worry most people do not agree with me, and I kinda like that! but IMHO driving a faster car will make you a better driver and mechanic in the long run. Once you get used to the speed you will go faster then the people that always run at slower speeds. I can tell you that driving slower does teach you some unique skills, but nothing prepares you for the speed of a mod motor. The skills it requires to setup and drive a faster car in the long run will pay dividends. The one thing that running 17.5 will never show you is how to control and roll throttle. In 17.5 you drive pretty strapped, and trying to do that in Mod will get you a broke car pretty fast. To each their own, but I think the personal challenge sounds fun!

Maybe I read it wrong but where is the challenge in going slower?
Old 02-20-2009, 11:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I must be running at a different track than you guys, With my 17.5 1/12th scale i have to roll the throtle around most of the turns.But im no pro.
Old 02-20-2009, 11:27 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Where can I get 1 of these single cell 12th scale cars?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.