Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Colorado Racing
5280 Raceway - Colorado On Road RC Club (CORRC) >

5280 Raceway - Colorado On Road RC Club (CORRC)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

5280 Raceway - Colorado On Road RC Club (CORRC)

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 09:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by al dente
steve folle - got your check. it takes a great deal of confidence in the local postal system to mail a check w/o a return address.

your support is very much appreciated.

there has been some very good news in the financial outlook of the club. gary lucas and cdee have been negotiating with a possible sponsor. they are willing to kick in a good amount of money (over $1000) toward new barriers. details to follow at saturday's meeting. the deal hinges on our patronage at a rest/tavern that is as close to the track as applebee's is to westy. but it is a sweet place. gary, chris and myself had a meeting with the guy yesterday and he has a lot of ideas to getting us a ton of exposure and further financial sponsorships. this is very exciting, and i could not hold it in any longer (sorry gary and chris). but if it goes through, you all need to give these guys a pat on the back.
This sounds pretty cool. I look forward to any help when it comes to financing the club costs.
Old 09-10-2008, 03:30 PM
Tech Addict

Default An idea/thought/question from a spectator

Now that you have a permanent facility....

My guess is that some of you have either thought of,dreamed or actually tried opening their own hobby shop. Some of you are semi-retired or do some buying and selling part time.

Even if the club did not make a dime off the retail operation it would be a definite plus to have the location open every day and during the day.
And to have some basics expendables for sale. Also members being able to order from distributors at a discount.
If the locations was open everyday there would be someone who could talk to those curious about the hobby, someone to answer the phone and talk to people who have heard there was a track there but did not know its hours.
I personally do not think the current 40 year old business model all LHS seam to use is viable anymore given the internet; but I think RC cars and trucks and some accessories could be sold for a profit in a 'brick and morter' environment.
Old 09-10-2008, 05:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by imjonah
Now that you have a permanent facility....

My guess is that some of you have either thought of,dreamed or actually tried opening their own hobby shop. Some of you are semi-retired or do some buying and selling part time.

Even if the club did not make a dime off the retail operation it would be a definite plus to have the location open every day and during the day.
And to have some basics expendables for sale. Also members being able to order from distributors at a discount.
If the locations was open everyday there would be someone who could talk to those curious about the hobby, someone to answer the phone and talk to people who have heard there was a track there but did not know its hours.
I personally do not think the current 40 year old business model all LHS seam to use is viable anymore given the internet; but I think RC cars and trucks and some accessories could be sold for a profit in a 'brick and morter' environment.
We don't have a "permanent" facility by any stretch and I'm sure that setting up a retail business at our location would give the property management company cause to re-think our lease rate.
Old 09-10-2008, 07:33 PM
MCD
Tech Initiate

Thanks guys...
Old 09-11-2008, 06:07 AM
Tech Elite

mike.............until another day.

doug, not to mention that we do not have the financial means to hold any sort of invintory.
Old 09-11-2008, 11:09 AM
Tech Elite

grenade - got your check today.

and whoever sent their ballot, i got that as well.
Old 09-11-2008, 11:33 AM
Tech Regular

paul o. got your check from c dee today. on behalf of the club and all it's members......thank you.
Yep no prob.

where are you setting you stuff at for the classic?
Old 09-11-2008, 01:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

grenade - got your check today.

and whoever sent their ballot, i got that as well.
Please forward all ballots to me...

Thanks,
Art
Old 09-11-2008, 02:49 PM
Tech Elite

paul, i do not know, i will be coming up there on friday night, after work, so we will see what is left open.
Old 09-11-2008, 08:04 PM
Tech Regular

grenade-are you going to be down saturday? if so bring my 1/12 scale cars
Old 09-11-2008, 08:22 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

paul, i do not know, i will be coming up there on friday night, after work, so we will see what is left open.
Is there going to be room for an old Kat's tent near you?

Paul O do want under my tent or do you have plans already?

I'm hopin' I can still drive 2D, all those jumps may have jacked me up
Old 09-11-2008, 08:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Paul Ohlsen
grenade-are you going to be down saturday? if so bring my 1/12 scale cars
I was thinking the same thing!! I'll do either on Saturday or with me for the classic.

THANKS for the use. I was able to get some good information ... now if I just new what to do with it!!!
Old 09-12-2008, 05:10 AM
Tech Elite

there is always room for some kitty. i am going to bring my 10x10, and my 10x20 as well. plus we will have the awning on the motor home. i am starting to get really excited about this.

by the way i talked to dumper yesterday. the price for the new pipes, plus shipping is going to be $2100.
Old 09-12-2008, 07:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

there is always room for some kitty. i am going to bring my 10x10, and my 10x20 as well.
I am putting my 10x10 with al dente so there should be plenty of space

by the way i talked to dumper yesterday. the price for the new pipes, plus shipping is going to be $2100.
OUCH!!! Is that for the exterior and interior? How are we going to hold them down?
Old 09-12-2008, 07:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Being ~$10 per 10ft stick how much are you looking at buying?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.