Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Colorado Racing
5280 Raceway - Colorado On Road RC Club (CORRC) >

5280 Raceway - Colorado On Road RC Club (CORRC)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

5280 Raceway - Colorado On Road RC Club (CORRC)

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2015, 07:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Calling all Marios...

Hi Mario,

This is Bill Deras. Retired from work three months ago to tour the western national parks in our motorhome. Been on the road a couple weeks now; and, expect to last another two months...LOL

Currently heading from Yellowstone to Devil's Tower and then on to Mt. Rushmore and a few others in that area. Should be heading towards Rocky Mountain NP in about a week. Then Denver.

Will there be a practice on Thursday, September 17, that you would be attending?

FYI...Haven't been racing much; so, pretty rusty here.

Cheers!

Bill
Old 09-04-2015, 11:37 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by syndr0me
There's no harm in weighing the amount of oil you put in your diff to try and get it the same each time. XRay provides the weights you should use in the manual somewhere.

Most of us build our diffs so infrequently (or pick up a second one filled with slightly harder oil than what we run normally) that we don't remember the weight or have the manual around to look it up, or don't have a scale, so we just eyeball it.

I would say, weigh it the first time around if you've got a scale handy so you have an idea of what what the volume should look like, and then eyeball it going forward. It's less oil than you might think.
Oddly enough in our business we sell a wide variety of precision digital scales, so that's not an issue. However, the TC10 manual just has that cross cut illustration showing an oil level. I have noticed that the TC10 seems to be very similar to the Xray, one might even say clonish. I am thinking that the volume stated in the T4 manual might be a match for the TC10. If I am wrong about this please let me know.

The diffs are being built tomorrow, as I have built as much of the kit as I can until they are ready to install, and I am planning on finishing it up in the morning.
Old 09-04-2015, 11:41 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by al dente
Thanks for your interest in the track. We are a club, so we really don't have regular hours. we are currently practicing on thursday nights from around 5 to around 10. in October, we will start racing on thursdays and sundays (depending on how many people show up) and practicing tuesdays. sundays usually open around 10, and qualifying starts at noon.

we do run f1, touring car, world gt, and 1/12. there is a new class getting started that is 1/10 pan car with rubber tires, it is very new, but there seems to be a lot of interest in it. it should be pretty good this winter.

cand help with the gear diff thing as i only run pan car, but come down to the track, the guys are more than willing to help.
I appreciate the information. Is Thursday really the only day the track is open? Unfortunatley for us, Thursday is the busiest day of the week for our business. We were planning on stoping by on Saturday afternoon.
Old 09-05-2015, 10:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vicbarzo
I appreciate the information. Is Thursday really the only day the track is open? Unfortunatley for us, Thursday is the busiest day of the week for our business. We were planning on stoping by on Saturday afternoon.
Currently Thursday is the only guarantied day for people to be there. I will be there tomorrow from 10ish to late even Monday seeing it's labor day.

Our first race day for the winter season will be Sunday Oct 4th. Hopefully we'll have a decent turn out. From than on we go to our Tuesday practice and Thursday\Sunday race schedule.

If you stop in tomorrow. I can tell you about our key program.
Old 09-05-2015, 03:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 152 (100%+)

Hey guys,

My business partner and I are wondering what time the track opens tomorrow, and Saturday. My buddy purchased a Yokomo BD7 RS3 a few weeks ago and earlier this week I picked up a Team C TC10 and we are looking to try them out on a real track.

Also, we were wondering if there's an F1 pan car (sorry don't know the official name) racing series being run at 5280.

The owner of eTeam Hobbyplex told me about the track and boy was I glad. We just converted part of our warehouse into a drift track and now that I know there's a dedicated TC track in the metro area, we are saved from the hassle and expense of making our own.

And maybe one of you could answer a question for me. I watched some videos and it seems like lots of people are putting in a specific volume of oil when building their diffs rather than the eyeball method. I am all about precision, so I would prefer to do it by volume. Would any of you happen to know the correct volume for the TC10?

If any of you have any pro build tips for me, don't hesitate to let me know.
Where is your drift track? What type of surface?
Old 09-06-2015, 11:14 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by grapejuice
Where is your drift track? What type of surface?
The track is going to be in the Westminster area, when it's ready I'll shoot you a PM with the address.

We probably won't be open until the week of the 14th, and the surface is the source of the delay. I mentioned to our Yokomo distributor about our track and learned that if you use carpet, it can't be sprayed or treated with any fire retardant. I checked what carpet we had bought, and sure enough there was fire retardant. Hopefully I can find something early this week.

Someone told me that polymat woks great. The price on it, even with latex backing is really good. However, earlier today our Yokomo Distributor pretty much told me that was the worst possible choice.

If you have any experience with drift carpet, or have been to a drift track with a good carpet surface, please let me know. We want to get this done right.
Old 09-07-2015, 05:36 PM
Tech Master

Hello everybody,

I need some advice. A good friend of mine died a couple weeks ago and he left behind a great family including a 14 year old son. The boy had a couple of rc cars already. An exceed drift car and another one I haven't seen.

A couple of the father's friends and I decided we could sponsor the young son for an rc race team. He will need to start from scratch and here are a few of the questions I have:
1. What would be the best class for him to start and which kits are people running in that class?
2. What type of tires is that class running?
3. What other on road tracks are available in the area. I've heard of one in Aurora.

I have rc experience but I live in Colorado Springs so I can't be there as often as one of the other guys who don't have the experience.

Any advice on how this nice young man can start off his rc racing adventure would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-09-2015, 03:21 PM
Tech Adept

I'm looking for a 17.5 motor if anyone has one for sale please let me know thanks! Dick Lantzy
Old 09-09-2015, 05:00 PM

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hey Dick, I have a D4 17.5 w/ high torque rotor I'll sell ya. I'll PM ya
Old 09-10-2015, 05:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Still Bill does Denver...

OK. we made it to Rocky Mountain NP and currently are in an RV park in Estes Park. Will be exploring the park for the next few days before coming down to Denver.

Already understand that Thursday, September 17, should be a good practice day. But, I am likely good with the Monday through Wednesday (Sept 14-16) timeframe before Thursday too. I am good in the day or night. Any chance?

Many thanks.

Bill Deras
Old 09-11-2015, 12:37 PM
Tech Elite

bill, check your private massages
Old 09-12-2015, 04:32 PM
Tech Elite

Track will be open tomorrow for those that don't have keys and want to come out and practice. Only 3 more Sundays till winter carpet season starts on Oct 4th. It's time to start sharpening those driving skills.

Also a reminder, we will have guest at the track next weekend Sept 18-20. Jimmy with TeamPowers, he'll have items with him to buy like motors, tires, etc. Max Kuenning, compare your 12th skills against one of the best. Dam Hamann from MN will be here to test our TC skills. I heard possibly Tony Block may be present as well, another 12 scale master.
Old 09-13-2015, 08:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bkspeedo
Track will be open tomorrow for those that don't have keys and want to come out and practice. Only 3 more Sundays till winter carpet season starts on Oct 4th. It's time to start sharpening those driving skills.

Also a reminder, we will have guest at the track next weekend Sept 18-20. Jimmy with TeamPowers, he'll have items with him to buy like motors, tires, etc. Max Kuenning, compare your 12th skills against one of the best. Dam Hamann from MN will be here to test our TC skills. I heard possibly Tony Block may be present as well, another 12 scale master.
I am not sure if Max and Jimmy will be there - last I heard Max is not planning on coming up. Not sure how that impacts Jimmy, but I doubt he would drive up on his own.
Old 09-14-2015, 07:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 152 (100%+)

The track is going to be in the Westminster area, when it's ready I'll shoot you a PM with the address.

We probably won't be open until the week of the 14th, and the surface is the source of the delay. I mentioned to our Yokomo distributor about our track and learned that if you use carpet, it can't be sprayed or treated with any fire retardant. I checked what carpet we had bought, and sure enough there was fire retardant. Hopefully I can find something early this week.

Someone told me that polymat woks great. The price on it, even with latex backing is really good. However, earlier today our Yokomo Distributor pretty much told me that was the worst possible choice.

If you have any experience with drift carpet, or have been to a drift track with a good carpet surface, please let me know. We want to get this done right.
Yes, no flame retardant in the carpet, see here: http://rextremerc.blogspot.com/2012/...-building.html
Old 09-14-2015, 06:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by LloydLoar
I am not sure if Max and Jimmy will be there - last I heard Max is not planning on coming up. Not sure how that impacts Jimmy, but I doubt he would drive up on his own.
Well Chris appears you are correct none of our out of town guest will be making it this weekend. They'll try again for Sept 25-27th or Oct 9-11th.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.