Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Colorado Racing
5280 Raceway - Colorado On Road RC Club (CORRC) >

5280 Raceway - Colorado On Road RC Club (CORRC)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

5280 Raceway - Colorado On Road RC Club (CORRC)

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 09:16 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by syndr0me
If we're taking a vote, my vote is to never close it in favor of running in a parking lot. Running multiple times a week and not having to setup/tear down each time sounds way better than the alternative. Plus, one tire compound and one set of tires all season. Win!
GOOD POINT!!
Old 07-24-2008, 12:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scottrik
There is, it's two laps of the "normal" OC tour. Seventeen of those...THAT'S covering some beer mileage!!

Mark--don't think of it as $150/month for the "off-season", think of it as $300/month for the "on-season" with free practice benefits the rest of the year. I'd pay that in a MINUTE for a permanent facility.
So finish school .... move to Denver .... Your set!

So should we add your name to the list, heck you could come down every other week and run Friday, Saturday and Sunday!!! $150/mo and 8 hours each way!!
Old 07-24-2008, 01:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Talked with Frederico today and he said that he would assist as well...We just need a few more!
Old 07-24-2008, 01:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Mike89, we'll just have to see how much intrest is still there as spring approaches. We will DEFINATELY need the monthly dues to continue past winter. The idea is that we can likely make rent without it during the winter, but outside that, it will be tough to get the kind of turn-out to stay afloat. But time will tell. Let's just try and get enough commitment to get a place going forward, then decide on long term goals/plans... BTW; anyone seen the new batman movie? is it as scary as they say? i doubt it.
Old 07-24-2008, 04:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default track

i don't have the $150month, but will still race. Guess that is a pay as you go plan? What classes for touring? 19t rubber would be cool, easy and fast.
Also heard rumors of pan car 1/10th scale.
Old 07-24-2008, 04:24 PM
Tech Regular

CORRC Racers!!

There have been some questions about when the indoor season might start. At this time we have yet to secure the facility that I had the pictures of at the last club race.

I am excited about all the support from members at the monthly level, but we need a couple more before we can move forward, and July is rapidly coming to an end. We would probably start indoor racing some time in either Sept or Oct. The last club outdoor race is Aug 17th and HTW ends their season in Oct sometime. There may potentially be some over lap with them, but we could wait to start any Series Racing until after that.

I know many of you have questions, suggestions, etc, etc… please do not hesitate to send me a PM, and I will give you a call…. cdee
Old 07-24-2008, 04:37 PM
Tech Regular

put me in
Old 07-24-2008, 05:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grenade10
So finish school .... move to Denver .... Your set!
HA!! I FINISHED school. Took my Multivariable Calc final two weeks ago Tuesday...only got a 98, my worst exam of the class Look out kiddies, Prof. Smith is being turned loose next month to wreak havoc and teach Algebra!!

Unfortunately, as much as I'd LOVE to move to Denver (next best thing to Seattle, man!) I'm afraid the wifey won't go for it. And if she ain't goin', I ain't goin'!

Originally Posted by Grenade10
So should we add your name to the list, heck you could come down every other week and run Friday, Saturday and Sunday!!! $150/mo and 8 hours each way!!
Lemme see...assuming someone in Denver puts me up (thus avoiding the $150-200/weekend hotel bill), and understanding that I'd miss Fridays (school will require I'm there until 4:00, puts me there between midnight and 1am Sat.) there's the little matter of the $200+ for gas each weekend to make the trip. Grand total for Scottrik's membership...about $1,000/month PLUS 64 hours of "windshield time". Provided, of course, someone lets me crash at their place...

Hmm...if I get three other guys to split gas and share driving...

That'd get it down to $350/month...provided someone lets all four of us crash at their place...
Old 07-24-2008, 09:33 PM
Tech Elite

there are so many issues we need to work out before we can actually race, it will be a coupple of weeks for sure.

syndrome - don't take this the wrong way, but.... the club will always support outdoor racing. just cause you do not like it, does not mean you have to bag on it all the time. well, at least i think i think you do not like t. been so long since you've raced, i almost forgot what you look like. there is no body in town who wants a perm place more than me. but the club will never survive a summer indoor at least not at those rates. just not enough intrest here.........which is why our last track closed.
Old 07-24-2008, 09:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default permanent facility

I think 2 dollars of club-race fees should go to the purchase of lotto tickets each week. That should give us a pretty sweet indoor-outdoor track, with elevations and banking. 50 million after taxes might even allow a bar with a "helpful" waitress
Old 07-24-2008, 09:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (60%+)

hey art count me in could you pm some info about the new track and i would like to help out where i can and it would be awesome to have some where to run before winter and what days would racing be cus i would like to run at mhor as well
Old 07-24-2008, 10:38 PM
Tech Elite

Newest list:

Art S
Mario F
Steve F
Mike S
Lee S
Keith S
Adam B
Mark W
Chris D
Jim M
Steve R
Paul O
Frederico P
Gary L

Last edited by artwork; 07-25-2008 at 10:46 PM.
Old 07-24-2008, 10:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by drewbal
hey art count me in could you pm some info about the new track and i would like to help out where i can and it would be awesome to have some where to run before winter and what days would racing be cus i would like to run at mhor as well
PM Sent
Old 07-24-2008, 11:09 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by al dente
syndrome - don't take this the wrong way, but.... the club will always support outdoor racing.
Yeah, I know. It just seems odd to drop an exclusive on one style of racing to compete with 2-3 other tracks in the area offering mostly the same thing, without all the time/hassle of setting up. And only every other week at best.

I know outdoor was supposed to be the big savior for the club. Is that turning out to be the case?
Old 07-24-2008, 11:30 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Anyway, sorry for the negativity, that's not what this club needs, so I'll do my best to keep quiet unless it's constructive. See you guys on the rug.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.