Wiki Posts
Search

2015/2016 WCICS Official Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-27-2015, 05:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Franko's decision to run mini has brought up another point. To facilitate participation in the class, would the WCICS board and participating clubs consider carrying a handful of on-site sellable inventory of the 2200kv motor going forward?

Now that we are getting participants from washington, california, north dakota, in between and beyond, the distribution and current adoption of this motor is so limited that it makes it unfeasible for retailers outside of western canada to hold inventory. Further to that point (and with all due respect to Great Hobbies and ATD - both whom I applaud for stepping up, and both whom I support with my business), experiences with local Calgary retailers has shown that this spec motor is often unavailable when needed the most.
Old 12-28-2015, 06:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Oh man, that text message saying what heats you're in will be nice rather than having 20+ racers all cramming around the heat sheets writing down their heat numbers. Nice work Korgae and Luke!
Old 12-29-2015, 12:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

There has been another update to the notification system - at the request of some US racers I have implemented the option to set your notification preference to either None, Text or Email. Set to none means you won't received any notifications, set to text means your notifications will be texted to the mobile phone number you have in your profile and the Email setting means your notifications will be emailed to the email address you have on file.

Please make sure you have the "Notifications" setting set correctly in your profile.

Cheers
Old 12-29-2015, 12:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CamLS
Oh man, that text message saying what heats you're in will be nice rather than having 20+ racers all cramming around the heat sheets writing down their heat numbers. Nice work Korgae and Luke!
Thanks man. You can also check it on your phone at any time too.
Old 12-30-2015, 12:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

quick question,
I was just checking the rules section, make sure I had my stuff ready for next weekend, and I noticed it says 12th Stock is 8 minutes, and open foam tires.
are both of these correct??

Old 12-30-2015, 01:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stulec52
quick question,
I was just checking the rules section, make sure I had my stuff ready for next weekend, and I noticed it says 12th Stock is 8 minutes, and open foam tires.
are both of these correct??

stock 12th is 8 min and purple stripe spec tire
Old 01-02-2016, 07:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Good day all.

Would it make sense to change the name of the Regina race to the Moosejaw race?
Old 01-02-2016, 10:17 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mtbboy
Good day all.

Would it make sense to change the name of the Regina race to the Moosejaw race?
It's the Regina club, but because they are able to secure a much larger, and more cost effective facility in Moosejaw, they race there. It's a great club and track
Old 01-05-2016, 05:43 AM
Tech Adept

Cam Thanks for the Nice words!!

Dave I get what your saying!.
We are a Regina club using a venue in Moose jaw due to cost and size as Cam has stated.
Everything with the club still and always will have Regina. If we ever found a spot reasonable!!! we would be there as 97% of the club are Regina guys and are dedicated to whats best for our club.
We are looking forward to Round 6 in Moose jaw and hope to see as many of you out to Moose jaw and race in our fantastic for now home.

Tyson
Old 01-06-2016, 11:30 AM
Tech Adept

I haven't found the answer yet online; how do you put in an order for a wcics shirt?
Old 01-06-2016, 05:20 PM
Tech Master

Great timing!

We have a new 25th Anniversary shirt that will be unveiled at the Victoria race this weekend, everyone attending that race gets one included in their registration. Great value on top of an already great race, something the Victoria race does every year!

Then they'll be open for purchasing after the race is done. I haven't seen the final invoice so I don't know the cost yet, but it will be under $24.

Luke will be adding a t-shirt order button to the registrations page, and that's how I'll know how many to bring to each race (don't have room to lug 100 shirts around to every race, lol). So if you want a shirt, register!

I've got just a few of the existing/old designs left in L-XXL sizes, on sale as of this weekend for $10. PM me directly if you want one of the older shirts.

Josh
Old 01-11-2016, 08:59 AM
Tech Regular

Wanted to say that the new Wcics Live was awesome for me to check out the heats, results, live timing, and even watch every bit of the action.

I hope that every WCICS race has this going forward! I hope to make it to Victoria next near, but at least I could watch the live video feed to see some of the best drivers around duke it out on the track!
Old 01-11-2016, 09:17 PM
Tech Master

Thanks!

Huge thanks to Luke, the genius behind the programming and design!

So many people from all of the great clubs have given time, ideas, sweat, love & hard work; and the result is the wonderful series WCICS has grown into. Luke's great site, taking his own vision and so many ideas from the great people that make up the WCICS club reps and exec, is just another example of how well the "open source" structure of WCICS works.

It doesn't happen overnight like other types of organizations, but it grows slowly, organically, but in an open, true, honest way.

I'm just so happy to see how it's continuously improved over so many years, thanks for posting!

Josh
Old 01-12-2016, 07:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CamLS
Wanted to say that the new Wcics Live was awesome for me to check out the heats, results, live timing, and even watch every bit of the action.

I hope that every WCICS race has this going forward! I hope to make it to Victoria next near, but at least I could watch the live video feed to see some of the best drivers around duke it out on the track!
I watched the live feed also, which was great to see. Would be nice to see other angles, but I guess that could be something to consider in the future.
Old 01-18-2016, 09:58 PM
Tech Addict

Hey could some one bring the race director in moose jaw one of those cool new wcics t-shirt size xl. ?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.