Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2015, 09:06 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BoneCrusher
I did both FIRST as a courtesy.

Still no answers.

Ivan
Really? So to be clear you're saying Cal did not forward my email on my findings that I sent to the reps? And you did not read it? You do not have a copy of it? Cal did not explain it to you? Bottom line is you had my answers before you posted this on here. Like it or not, It's my fact finding mission and my decision on what we need to do to go forward in improving the series in these areas.

Simply put, I stopped replying to you in PM's when you started to give me options of what you want to see happen and what you want me to do. And if not, then you would make this very public like you have done. That is when I directed you back to speak to your rep!

The fact is you have an issue with a racer and you are trying everything and anything to make him look bad. I am glad people are calling you on it, just like I did to you in our PM's.. So please write back to them how you responded to me when I called your out on it.
Old 10-09-2015, 09:09 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by joech
You are not getting the answer you want, Don't waste your time.

The way I see it...There's no point in spending money on spec tires & approved motors, worrying about battery voltage, wing height etc when in the end the main groupings are all subject to one's ability to lobby fellow racers to move himself up ... negates the need for all other rules.

Joe
Whatever works best for you, Good thing Ivan created exactly what you want in a race series. Go race in his ATS series!
Old 10-09-2015, 09:21 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by Da4head
I am with Ivan (Bonecrusher) on this one, I would like this issue to be clarified.

Way Mah
The issue's cannot be clarified until motions are brought forward and voted on by reps to make changes to the series rules that I have recommended. I wrote these recommendations within 24 hrs of hearing the complaint and they do address the underlining issue's. I am not going to publicly list what I would like to see happen as it is the reps that will have the final say via vote in what happens going forward.
Old 10-09-2015, 09:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Lets forget the actual people involved, or who brought up the subject on here, because they really are irrelevant to the issue. Once you do this, you can focus on the issue and what happened. I believe I have seen the email that was sent to the reps korgae, and is it my understanding that nothing is to be done about what happened? The results stand? I don't want to stick my neck out if I am wrong. Can a racer ask to be moved to the A main, get more points that he qualified for, and still keep those points? Its a valid concern.

I understand the "race director has final say" but that doesn't really cut it in this situation. Here is two very different scenarios -

#1 RD decides he doesn't want to follow the 50/50 rule, and puts another racer into the A. The "director has final say" is fine here. Moving forward, the RD should be made aware that the 50/50 rule is in place for a reason, and it should be followed in the future.

#2 the RD has already placed the racer into the B main. The racer then asks around, gets support to get moved to the A, and asks the RD to change it. IMHO the RD did not make the decision, he is being influenced by the racer.

If #2 is allowed to happen, I see a world of pain. Surely that cant be allowed to happen. I for one don't like it, as Ill have to leave my Aussie nature at home and start being nice to people so they allow me to 'bump up', and it simply doesn't feel right lol.

What magnifies this situation is the points. Many many championships have been decided by a point or less (ties), so its understandable that people would want a resolution. Otherwise the point series is a waste if this can occur.
Old 10-09-2015, 10:08 AM
Company Representative

Cool

Originally Posted by axle182

#2 the RD has already placed the racer into the B main. The racer then asks around, gets support to get moved to the A, and asks the RD to change it. IMHO the RD did not make the decision, he is being influenced by the racer.

If #2 is allowed to happen, I see a world of pain. Surely that cant be allowed to happen. I for one don't like it, as Ill have to leave my Aussie nature at home and start being nice to people so they allow me to 'bump up', and it simply doesn't feel right lol.

What magnifies this situation is the points. Many many championships have been decided by a point or less (ties), so its understandable that people would want a resolution. Otherwise the point series is a waste if this can occur.

Way ahead of you Aaron,

We are very concerned about the points and how a loop hole or mistake can effect them.
Old 10-09-2015, 10:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by joech
You are not getting the answer you want, Don't waste your time.

The way I see it...There's no point in spending money on spec tires & approved motors, worrying about battery voltage, wing height etc when in the end the main groupings are all subject to one's ability to lobby fellow racers to move himself up ... negates the need for all other rules.

Joe
Because no rules is the answer right? Seems like some people want to bring one race series down to benefit another maybe? Hmmm
Old 10-09-2015, 10:39 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CamLS
Because no rules is the answer right? Seems like some people want to bring one race series down to benefit another maybe? Hmmm
pfft lets keep in on track. there is an issue and people have a right to question it.

As Korgae has mentioned, they are taking it seriously. The outcome to this issue is important, and (without speaking too early!) I hope something in the results are changed, I feel that would be the only fair outcome. If the result stands, then its not fair to the people finishing in the B main, nor the people who finished behind the racer in the A main. It could also be a major issue come points time, at the end of the championship, when there is a 1-2 point difference on a placing.

I'm guessing a lot of people are speaking out, because they aren't hopeful that anything will be done about this. I hope they are proven wrong and that the results are changed to what is fair
Old 10-09-2015, 10:54 AM
Tech Regular

Old 10-09-2015, 11:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CamLS
I have been racing in the WCICS (previously call Tri-city) series since the beginning and enjoy it greatly. Communication and timely resolution goes a long way in issue like this.
Old 10-09-2015, 11:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Old 10-09-2015, 11:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SkaterX

That is awesome so funny
Old 10-09-2015, 11:44 AM
Tech Elite

Default Confirmation

Originally Posted by Korgae
The issue's cannot be clarified until motions are brought forward and voted on by reps to make changes to the series rules that I have recommended. I wrote these recommendations within 24 hrs of hearing the complaint and they do address the underlining issue's. I am not going to publicly list what I would like to see happen as it is the reps that will have the final say via vote in what happens going forward.
I will confirm that a review and report of the situation was sent out to all the reps immediately and we were encouraged to review with any racer that inquired about it. Some recommendations were put forward, and we (WCICS Reps) are working on reviewing them. I think the series as a whole will be better because of this. However, it is unfortunate that it took this occurence to highlight some problems/gaps in the WCICS rules and how events are ran.

As for waiting until the AGM in March 2016, hopefully should the Reps come to agreement quickly on the recommendations, that perhaps changes can be rolled out sooner.

Thank you,

Jason
TVRCRC
WCICS Rep
Old 10-09-2015, 11:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I RACE TOY CARS
Old 10-09-2015, 11:58 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Danny-b23
I RACE TOY CARS
Call your car what you want, mine is a finely tuned race machine!
Old 10-09-2015, 12:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Danny-b23
I RACE TOY CARS
You get to say you race toy cars, what I do cant be called racing sadly

Call your car what you want, mine is a finely tuned race machine!
I have a poorly tuned race machine, but its ok cause it has a poorly tuned driver and together we will hit everyone on the track but being good Canadians we will say sorry to everyone each time we do it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.