Wiki Posts
Search

2015/2016 WCICS Official Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2015, 05:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Results for the first round of the 2015-16 WCICS have been posted at the following link.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4pw77zpc5..._5OCN5bBa?dl=0

Thank you again to all the racers from BC, Alberta, Manitoba, Ontario, North Dakota, and of course the rest of Saskatchewan who came out and supported our race. You guys made it the biggest and most successful one yet, and we're only looking to get bigger and better.

Stay tuned for more cool things to come.
Old 10-06-2015, 08:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Transparency.

Definition of Transparency: Essential condition for a free and open exchange whereby the rules and reasons behind regulatory measure are fair and clear to all participants.

In the interest of transparency for the Series, I have been asked by my peers to bring forward a recent situation at the most recent WCICS race where the rules were not followed. One entitled racer lobbied himself into the A Main Finals when he should have ran in the B Main Finals. Many people at the race and others who have heard what happened have contacted their WCICS Reps and both the Calgary and Edmonton Reps filed a complaint to the Competition Director. A ruling was made and only shared among the Reps.

As a courtesy, I contacted the Competition Director directly thru PM, which apparently is not protocol, asking for his decision to be made public. He informed me that I should contact my Calgary Rep and discuss it with him and was done discussing this matter with me and will be brought up behind closed door meetings at their WCICS Exec AGM in March. Since this isn't a complaint, I'm free to discuss the happenings of a series I have been racing in almost more than anyone else.

So, if any WCICS racers who would like to see the complaint emails filed by both Reps, I have permission to forward them to you. If you want to know the Competition Directors ruling on this matter, I do not have permission to forward that information to you. Please contact your WCICS Rep for them to discuss his ruling with you.

Or feel free to discuss this issue in this open forum and get the answers you all deserve and transparency the Series deserves.

If anyone questions my motives for bringing this issue forward, re-read the first sentence again.

Ivan
Old 10-06-2015, 08:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IronRing Racing

2. Mini: just to save people time testing/etc, the decision was that if ORCA doesn't have something commercially available by July 1 (at roughly the same price of course), then we'll switch to 21.5 turn motors & blinky ESC (ROAR/BRCA approved, with the current ORCA combo ESC's grandfathered in).

As we've seen on this thread, there were differing opinions on the speed differences as we discussed 21.5 vs 25.5, but there are more companies that make 21.5's and hence there's wider commercial availability and the fact that they're also used in CTA & F1, weighed heavily on the final vote. Still possible ORCA comes through and we can all continue to use our current spec systems while new racers can pick up the new ones, but if not, that's our plan B.

I have asked a few times I will ask again is the motor out yet? I wanted to race mini but no motor. still no motors.
the posting above seems very miss leading and wrong to state if by july first no orca motor is out we will switch to 21.5 , now there is no motor to buy even

as for the racer moved into the a main , I was in the b main and when asked said I didn't care. was it right or wrong not my place but what was done about it is all of our place as its our race series. what was said doesn't need to be public the end result should be.

now most important before anyone gets all bent out of shape we are grown men racing toy cars always remember we are just here to have fun lets not take the fun out of things by stupid things. we just learn from them and move forward all that matters is racing
Old 10-06-2015, 09:12 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

From what I've heard, the rules got bent a little by someone who didn't fully understand them and it benefitted someone who knows them better than anyone else. (Qualified in the B, bumped arbitrarily into the A and gained points in doing so.) It also made for a less exciting 3 car B main in a class with high attrition rates. I would also assume the other racers in the B might be a little insulted. It was wrong. Enough said.

As for the motors, negotiations with the supplier went a little sideways, but were salvaged and the motors are apparently on the way. Just a bit late. I'd really hate to see this go open 21.5, we'd get the idiotic motor battles that have already surfaced in the other open motor classes. I'll tell you what, if you're really eager to run mini and have no motor before the next race, I'll lend you my good Orca. I encourage other racers with spare motors to do the same.
Old 10-06-2015, 09:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BoneCrusher
Definition of Transparency: Essential condition for a free and open exchange whereby the rules and reasons behind regulatory measure are fair and clear to all participants.

In the interest of transparency for the Series, I have been asked by my peers to bring forward a recent situation at the most recent WCICS race where the rules were not followed. One entitled racer lobbied himself into the A Main Finals when he should have ran in the B Main Finals. Many people at the race and others who have heard what happened have contacted their WCICS Reps and both the Calgary and Edmonton Reps filed a complaint to the Competition Director. A ruling was made and only shared among the Reps.

As a courtesy, I contacted the Competition Director directly thru PM, which apparently is not protocol, asking for his decision to be made public. He informed me that I should contact my Calgary Rep and discuss it with him and was done discussing this matter with me and will be brought up behind closed door meetings at their WCICS Exec AGM in March. Since this isn't a complaint, I'm free to discuss the happenings of a series I have been racing in almost more than anyone else.

So, if any WCICS racers who would like to see the complaint emails filed by both Reps, I have permission to forward them to you. If you want to know the Competition Directors ruling on this matter, I do not have permission to forward that information to you. Please contact your WCICS Rep for them to discuss his ruling with you.

Or feel free to discuss this issue in this open forum and get the answers you all deserve and transparency the Series deserves.

If anyone questions my motives for bringing this issue forward, re-read the first sentence again.

Ivan
Im with you, Ivan.

As a racer participating in that particular race, the events regarding the situation since the race have not been conducted properly on all counts.
Old 10-06-2015, 10:55 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by monkeyracing
From what I've heard, the rules got bent a little by someone who didn't fully understand them
Feel free to jump to the 1:30:00 mark of the video coverage of the event; no need to rely on what you may have heard. I openly announced what I was told over the microphone during the Mod B Main warm-up. Yes, in the moment I did not object to or question what the Mod class drivers had discussed.
http://livestream.com/tvtruck/events...deos/100494590
Old 10-06-2015, 11:57 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Edit: screw it. This is someone else's issue. Not mine.

Last edited by monkeyracing; 10-07-2015 at 12:19 AM.
Old 10-07-2015, 12:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Saw the video (still upset I couldn't attend - wish I went). It was the decision of the race director to field 6 cars in the A-main. If all the TC mod drivers agreed to fill the field with 6 drivers in the A-main, then the Race Director made a decision that all participants were satisfied with.

But from what Ivan has mentioned and what Matt has recalled (who was actually in the race), it does not appear that all the TC mod drivers were actually satisfied or in agreement with this decision. Either a couple drivers indecisively flip-flopped, or the Race Director made a bad call based on insufficient data.

I've race directed before, and I know the stresses that go along in dealing with competitors who are focused on racing. I've made some bad calls, and I've also been on the receiving end of bad calls. Lets leave these feelings at the track, and own up to any gaffs that were made. The race director might have made a bad call on insufficient data, a couple racers might have changed their mind on their decision - I don't know, and many don't care.

At the end of the day, we are having fun with toy cars. We need to decide (as grown-ups) if we want to proceed with talking about a deflate-gate type of conspiracy in RC racing, or if we want to accept that a gaff was made, learn from it, and move on.
Old 10-07-2015, 01:02 AM
Tech Regular

Agreed. Wish I had known at the time that one or more drivers would be upset by this situation. Sorry to frustrate you monkeyracing, just wanted to clear up any rumors that may be floating around. I'm not aware of what decisions have been made post race since I don't race in the series. I'll leave it at that.
Old 10-07-2015, 06:39 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BoneCrusher
One entitled racer lobbied himself into the A Main Finals when he should have ran in the B Main Finals.
Ivan
I actually see this as positive. He gives me hopes as I might have a chance to bump myself into the show.
Old 10-07-2015, 06:50 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by (0000000000)
Saw the video (still upset I couldn't attend - wish I went). It was the decision of the race director to field 6 cars in the A-main. If all the TC mod drivers agreed to fill the field with 6 drivers in the A-main, then the Race Director made a decision that all participants were satisfied with.

But from what Ivan has mentioned and what Matt has recalled (who was actually in the race), it does not appear that all the TC mod drivers were actually satisfied or in agreement with this decision. Either a couple drivers indecisively flip-flopped, or the Race Director made a bad call based on insufficient data.

I've race directed before, and I know the stresses that go along in dealing with competitors who are focused on racing. I've made some bad calls, and I've also been on the receiving end of bad calls. Lets leave these feelings at the track, and own up to any gaffs that were made. The race director might have made a bad call on insufficient data, a couple racers might have changed their mind on their decision - I don't know, and many don't care.

At the end of the day, we are having fun with toy cars. We need to decide (as grown-ups) if we want to proceed with talking about a deflate-gate type of conspiracy in RC racing, or if we want to accept that a gaff was made, learn from it, and move on.
I feel the RD made a perfectly good call for what information was given and the awkward situation he was put in. No blame towards him at all.

The mod guys shouldn't have been put in the awkward situation of being asked the question in the first place. It is not possible that the rules were not known by the individual.

But, he bumped up and we raced. Now the question comes to how points will be counted for the series. At a race last year, three F1 drivers did not receive points. The rule says a class should not run with that few of cars, but the RD made a decision and ran the class all weekend anyway.

My question is, why was that RDs decision over ruled, but the most current one not?
Old 10-07-2015, 08:56 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by monkeyracing

As for the motors, negotiations with the supplier went a little sideways, but were salvaged and the motors are apparently on the way. Just a bit late. I'd really hate to see this go open 21.5, we'd get the idiotic motor battles that have already surfaced in the other open motor classes. I'll tell you what, if you're really eager to run mini and have no motor before the next race, I'll lend you my good Orca. I encourage other racers with spare motors to do the same.
well thanks for the motor offer will see how things go as something is needed to be done and still should be done about motors. as stating clearly that on July first it will be 21.5 and state because the f1 and cta use this motor, then switch well after July 1st to a motor that is not out for sale even.

talking about it at the race I didn't find many people happy about the new motor most wanted 21.5. but it wouldn't be an issue if the motors had been out not a special made run of motors at them making and selling them for a low price (I know price of making 100 not needed to be here) what type of quality are they going to be.
the 21.5 in a limited gearing class the difference in motors isn't going to be what wins or looses a race not in a class like that. motor battle will happen no matter what motor as one will be faster then another plain and simple.

I may have been out of racing for a while but keeping mini simple was the main goal when it started and why it caught on.

I am not mad or think anyone made a bad choice I just think it was made with out full planning not anyone's fault. its frustrating when it wasn't out for the first race seems like everyone walked around it no official answer of what the rules would be just people with idea's what it should be for plan b. as I asked on here more then once and I am asking now again.
Old 10-07-2015, 09:18 AM
Tech Elite

As for the racer going into the A main, he was the one that asked me if I had a problem with him going into the A, As he said he was faster then all of us in the b (take a look he was) and other racers wanted him in the a as they were so close to have a good battle.
I said I just don't want to be in anyones way im more then rusty lol.

if the other drivers in the A wanted him to have a good battle awesome its about having fun!
IF the driver had hidden reasons then shame on him

with who it was there was no race director error or bad choice you assume that person knows the rules and how things should be run so you would just go along with it. and on that he did a great job as rd all weekend!!!!
Old 10-07-2015, 09:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snopro31
well thanks for the motor offer will see how things go as something is needed to be done and still should be done about motors. as stating clearly that on July first it will be 21.5 and state because the f1 and cta use this motor, then switch well after July 1st to a motor that is not out for sale even.
You have one offer? how many motors do you need?
talking about it at the race I didn't find many people happy about the new motor most wanted 21.5. but it wouldn't be an issue if the motors had been out not a special made run of motors at them making and selling them for a low price (I know price of making 100 not needed to be here) what type of quality are they going to be.
the 21.5 in a limited gearing class the difference in motors isn't going to be what wins or looses a race not in a class like that. motor battle will happen no matter what motor as one will be faster then another plain and simple.
Im not sure if this is really true, people have already posted about the results of the Orca spec motor over the past years, and due to its success, people really wanted to stick with a spec motor. Some have the same motor for the last 4 years, and the racing has been amazingly close. The variance between a good one and a terrible one, is very small, as posted by one of the guys here who has tested a bunch on a Dyno. As for quality? your guess is wrong with the orca combo, and we all hope the quality is just as good with the SkyRC motors. And your wrong about the motor battle in 21.5, the US has proved that. The past few years in Mini with the orca combo also proved your wrong about there always being a motor war. The orca combos were so close out of the box, it was great racing, and no motor war.
I may have been out of racing for a while but keeping mini simple was the main goal when it started and why it caught on.
That is still the case, which is why many didn't want to open up the motors to the 21.5 motor war. Have a read of a few pages on the Tamiya Mini thread, there is a lot of info coming from the US guys, who are testing a tuning motors like any other open motor class, except that its more of an issue due to the fixed gearing in mini. The US guys are stuck with it due to TCS rules. We are not, luckily.
I am not mad or think anyone made a bad choice I just think it was made with out full planning not anyone's fault. its frustrating when it wasn't out for the first race seems like everyone walked around it no official answer of what the rules would be just people with idea's what it should be for plan b. as I asked on here more then once and I am asking now again.
There was more planning that you think, and a few guys who are working very hard to secure a spec motor deserve a pat on the back Not having the motor ready for the first race is a real pain, but with the camaraderie in the mini class, im sure a few motors can be shared around to get through a hopefully short period without the motors readily available. Great Hobbies in Edmonton will have stock of these motors once they are here. https://www.greathobbies.com/product...d=SKY400004-05
Old 10-07-2015, 09:51 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wil02
I feel the RD made a perfectly good call for what information was given and the awkward situation he was put in. No blame towards him at all.

The mod guys shouldn't have been put in the awkward situation of being asked the question in the first place. It is not possible that the rules were not known by the individual.

But, he bumped up and we raced. Now the question comes to how points will be counted for the series. At a race last year, three F1 drivers did not receive points. The rule says a class should not run with that few of cars, but the RD made a decision and ran the class all weekend anyway.

My question is, why was that RDs decision over ruled, but the most current one not
?

Matt,

Lets not start any further confusion,

I suggest as a guideline to ANY racer racing in the WCICS series or any other series please take a few moments to read over the series rules you have to have a basic understanding of them. In the question that Matt raises, The RD does NOT have the Ability to decide if points will be given out or not given out. The WCICS rule states that their has to be a min of 4 cars registered and running in order for points to be scored. It does not say the class will not be run, that is the RD's choice or the Host club's choice if they want to accommodate the racers to run there cars. Does that make sense to everyone? The rule is there because our series does get very competitive and sometimes overall championships come down to issues like this. This rule is to ensure that no one can take advantage of small class turnouts at one event to scored high points. Is it perfect? Maybe or maybe not but it is what it is for now.

Remember WCICS is based 100% on volunteer time, If you guys want iron clad rule sets, then I suggest we look to you the racers to fund this one way or another, step up and volunteer your time to help out.

Korgae

A

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.