Search

Kelowna On-Road 2014-2015

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2014, 01:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Things are looking up Terry!

We are meeting again at my house on Monday at 7:00. Everyone interested in on-road racing in Kelowna is encouraged to attend.

Feel free to ask anyone or myself for my address.
Old 09-13-2014, 06:47 PM
Tech Elite

Default update?

can anyone post what was discussed on thursday?
sorry i missed the meeting.
i AM BACK IN KELOWNA..... NO more trips, no more camping... here to stay.
Old 09-14-2014, 04:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default Update

Road Racers Association of Kelowna*
Presents the first annual general meeting.

When; Monday, 15th September, 2014
Where; Luke’s house
Time; 7pm
__________________________________________________ _____________
AGENDA
__________________________________________________ _____________

1. Opening Remarks
-Summary of last meeting
-mission statement
-Overview of agreement in regards to track and timing equipment
-Formation of new club
-Membership fees
-Facility
-Reiteration of the unanimously agreed upon resolution that ALL disputes and drama from years past stops with the formation of the new club. It is our goal to have a clean start, and to promote a fun, friendly environment to grow the hobby of competitive R/C car racing.

2. Put forth call for membership. Put forth call for nominations for executive counsel. Put forth call for naming of new club.
-Nomination sheet to be passed around(you can nominate yourself)
-Name sheet to be passed around
-Fee due dates to be announced

3. Vote for executive counsel

4. Vote on name of club.(we may do a mail in vote, will see)

(note; in order to nominate and vote, you must become a member of the club, persons not wishing to join at this time are more than welcome to stay, but are asked to do so as an observer)

5. Announce the successful candidates and club name.

6. Update on facility and storage

7. Update on race schedule

8. Update on race fees

9. Open floor to discussion

*This is not the official name of the club, just my suggestion*

If you are unable to attend this meeting and wish to join the club and participate in the nominations and voting, please contact myself via PM with your phone # and I will work out how to do so with you.

Last edited by SLOWINSLOWOUT; 09-14-2014 at 04:27 PM.
Old 09-14-2014, 05:53 PM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

Love it! such great news.... see ya'll monday
Old 09-14-2014, 07:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Is the new club only going to be associated with carpet racing? Or is it going to be looking to operate year round? Or has it even been decided yet? I know personally I'd be more enthusiastic about something operating year round.

Greg G
Old 09-14-2014, 09:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Out door on road in the summer is on my radar, a few of us had talked about it a bit at the end of last season. Personally, I'd like to give 8th scale GT a go. That being said, we are just going it take things one step at a time, and get this years carpet season going.

I am not going to say it will happen this year, but with support, you never know.....
Old 09-15-2014, 03:08 AM
Tech Master

Default Clarification

It needs to be understood how much I care about RC racing in kelowna. My wife will attest to this. I have spent a ton of personal time outside of race days single handedly keeping this club running. I have successfully ran both on road and off road seasons. I have spent personal money to keep the club going when funds fell short. There are many things you have today that are the result of the work I have put into this "club" What I am about to address is not done lightly.

Here are a few of my concerns.

Time - For myself I need a sitter to attend another meeting. Is someone going to ensure a timely start?

On Road / Off Road - I agree with Greg you need to be ready to include off road into this new association. Kelowna has always ran both seasons under one roof. I don't see a reason why it has to be separate.

Cost - From what I know from Green Bay and Sandy the cost to race this year has almost doubled. From my perspective last years fees were high enough already. Your message infers that you have some idea what the schedule, fee etc. will cost but you won't give that up until the club is formed first. As part of my decision process I would need to have an idea where we are at before I even consider taking the time to attend the meeting. Are we even close to last years cost?

The Past? - I get it folks. you all want to bury the past and move on. So do I. However here is the problem for me. I have tried to make it clear to many of you the level of badgering, slander and libel I have been exposed to from one of our "members" So there is no question that member is Steve Chickloski. I have tried several different ways to settle this with him one on one. When this did not work I appealed to some of you to help influence him to meet face to face to address his concerns. This has failed miserably in all possible ways.

I am having a real hard time understanding why this behaviour is allowed to continue. As the past leader of the club personal issue have come up before. When the parties couldn't work it out I stepped in to help it along. I also ensured issue didn't come up in the first place as a good leader should. Now that I need support and help to solve an issue why is it so easily dismissed?

The anger and disappointment I feel towards this situation has prevented me from racing altogether. As stated before rc racing has been a personal joy and commitment I have in my life and to not be a part of it has been very difficult.

"Reiteration of the unanimously agreed upon resolution that ALL disputes and drama from years past stops with the formation of the new club"

If what I understand is that you simply want to bury this as part of a reboot or restart with a new club I won't be able to support it. As long as the behaviour of Mr. Chickloski is allowed to continue and be accepted by the "club" I refuse to support this or any new venture.

I really hope this all works out. I just want to race my cars and have some fun again.
Old 09-15-2014, 07:19 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Deleted for the betterment of the club

Last edited by BPRacing; 09-15-2014 at 08:49 AM.
Old 09-15-2014, 08:29 AM
Tech Adept

I was my fault the last meeting started late, and I don't think I apologized for that, sorry guys.
Old 09-15-2014, 09:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dan Boundy
It needs to be understood how much I care about RC racing in kelowna. My wife will attest to this. I have spent a ton of personal time outside of race days single handedly keeping this club running. I have successfully ran both on road and off road seasons. I have spent personal money to keep the club going when funds fell short. There are many things you have today that are the result of the work I have put into this "club" What I am about to address is not done lightly.
We all know how much you love racing Dan! No doubt about that. And we all definitely appreciate the time and effort you contributed that helped us get here today. I know I definitely do - as you got me into it. Cheers man.

Time - For myself I need a sitter to attend another meeting. Is someone going to ensure a timely start?
As you know organizing a lot of people to get going on time can be a difficult task... but we did want that meeting to be casual (hence the BBQ and beers). Tonights meeting will be "down to business" and will be starting at 7.

On Road / Off Road - I agree with Greg you need to be ready to include off road into this new association. Kelowna has always ran both seasons under one roof. I don't see a reason why it has to be separate.
For the most part we all want this and we all agree. However that option is not on the table for us at this point. Sandy has graciously given us a fantastic opportunity to get started with onroad as a new club and that's where we have to start. He wants to continue to run offroad and we respect that.

Cost - From what I know from Green Bay and Sandy the cost to race this year has almost doubled. From my perspective last years fees were high enough already. Your message infers that you have some idea what the schedule, fee etc. will cost but you won't give that up until the club is formed first. As part of my decision process I would need to have an idea where we are at before I even consider taking the time to attend the meeting. Are we even close to last years cost?
Well, nothing can be decided until the club is formed, the issues it put forward and then finally voted on. I can tell you though that yes, the cost will be higher, but that doesn't have to do with anything that was discussed at the meeting, that's just looking at the result of last years season. The group ended up in a deficit and required at many times (often unannounced/uncredited) having members "donate" money to keep the season going. Not only does the new club need to purchase equipment to run the season, but a large sum is also still owed for the Road Rails. We did talk about the idea of selling 1 or 2 year memberships in order to gain the capitol we need to get started and we are hoping many people step up and purchase the 2 year. If we don't get enough the season might not happen. I can't really say any more about this though, it will be for the club to decide.

The Past? - I get it folks. you all want to bury the past and move on. So do I. However here is the problem for me. I have tried to make it clear to many of you the level of badgering, slander and libel I have been exposed to from one of our "members" So there is no question that member is Steve Chickloski. I have tried several different ways to settle this with him one on one. When this did not work I appealed to some of you to help influence him to meet face to face to address his concerns. This has failed miserably in all possible ways.

[moved quote]

The anger and disappointment I feel towards this situation has prevented me from racing altogether. As stated before rc racing has been a personal joy and commitment I have in my life and to not be a part of it has been very difficult.

"Reiteration of the unanimously agreed upon resolution that ALL disputes and drama from years past stops with the formation of the new club"

If what I understand is that you simply want to bury this as part of a reboot or restart with a new club I won't be able to support it. As long as the behaviour of Mr. Chickloski is allowed to continue and be accepted by the "club" I refuse to support this or any new venture.
The past - yes we do want to move on from the past - however this was more to do with money issues and the "who owns what" issues. It is simple now - Sandy owns everything. Once the club is formed we'll raise funds to buy some of the equipment from him. At which point it will be the clubs.

Obviously personal issues will need to be address by the club at some point (whether it decides to take action or simply not take action) but until that point there isn't anyone or any entity responsible for this and quite frankly many of us just feel caught in the middle.

Luckily, as of tonight, we should have a newly formed club that this issue can be brought forth to, at which point we can (hopefully) put this issue to rest.

I am having a real hard time understanding why this behaviour is allowed to continue. As the past leader of the club personal issue have come up before. When the parties couldn't work it out I stepped in to help it along. I also ensured issue didn't come up in the first place as a good leader should. Now that I need support and help to solve an issue why is it so easily dismissed?
The issue is that there hasn't been a leader or anyone in charge Dan. You should know this, as you were the leader. After you stepped back, no one wanted to step in without setting up a club properly. No single person should be responsible for this, it needs to be looked at by a club and voted on by its members. You say all of this like there has been a club running this whole time, but there hasn't been and you need to understand that. There hasn't been a "club" that is dismissing this issue... there has just been a few guys trying to get everyone to get along, make it work and move forward.

I would suggest you come to the meeting and once the club is formed, present your issue to the club and let the club discuss it and decide a course of action (if any). At which point the issue will (hopefully) be put to rest.

I really hope this all works out. I just want to race my cars and have some fun again.
We all do man! That's all we've wanted all along.
Old 09-15-2014, 03:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thank you Luke, and thank you Dan for bringing up some concerns.

As Luke stated, the meeting will start at 7pm, Luke and I will co-chair it. The opening remarks and summery will go over again where we are, and where we propose to go. This should take about 20min., after which, we will open the floor for questions/concerns in regards to the club, for a short time.

After which, we can all make an informed decision.

See you all tonight
Old 09-15-2014, 09:42 PM
Tech Master

Default Betterment of the club Indeed

Originally Posted by BPRacing
Deleted for the betterment of the club
As luck would have it I was able to read your post before you changed it. The only thing really worth addressing is the fact that you say you tried to settle things and wish to do so.

As it has been since this started all you have to do is meet me in person to discuss the issues you have. I have always been clear in this area, however I refuse to have this discussion through forums and facebook. We all know this is a very fair, adult expectation so I guess it is your move Mr. Steve Chickloski.

If you feel you are owed an apology you will have to meet me face to face to get one. You should still have my number if you don't ask Luke he can get it to you.
Old 09-16-2014, 03:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Question for everyone. Does anyone have a pressure washer? Preferably gas powered.
Old 09-18-2014, 02:12 PM
Tech Elite

hey folks... what/who is the best way to send my club fee/$ to?

any updates on the season?
Old 09-18-2014, 03:30 PM
Tech Adept

Harold has been away from green bay this week. I told his receptionist what we want to do as when and said I need to know ASAP.

Should be able to confirm shortly.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.