Wiki Posts
Search

Kelowna On-Road 2014-2015

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2014, 01:38 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by BPRacing
So does this mean the meeting this Wednesday is cancelled?
From what I have heard and read........the whole thing is cancelled!
Terry
Old 09-08-2014, 02:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

There is still a chance of an onroad season in Kelowna. Sandy has told me that we are still welcome to use all of the gear as he originally promised. All we would need is a few people to step up and organize it.

Secondly - he has given us the option of purchasing the carpet, boards (would still owe Aaron) and drivers stand. In that case he would still allow use of his equipment for free for the season as well.

So, I guess we need to figure out if anyone is willing to take lead and organize it? And if so, should we hold a meeting on Wednesday still?

Luke
Old 09-08-2014, 02:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I say we hold the meeting and see what the group wants, Thanks Luke and Sandy for coming up with some possibilities.
Old 09-08-2014, 03:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Sounds good the meeting is still on. Best case we get an onroad season going , worst case we drink some beer and eat burgers. Not a bad Wednesday in my books
Old 09-08-2014, 03:23 PM
Tech Regular

Sounds good the meeting is still on. Best case we get an onroad season going , worst case we drink some beer and eat burgers. Not a bad Wednesday in my books
WHAT???? Luke is buying the beer? Im in!!
Old 09-08-2014, 04:59 PM
Tech Elite

can we move the meeting to THURSDAY PLEASE....
as i was told it was cancelled i have decided to stay in Salmon Arm until Thursday morning.
If not... all good
everyone knows that i am willing (and able in my opinion) to do everything I can to make a successful On Road season. your call.
Let me know, please.
Old 09-08-2014, 05:10 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bambikilr
The BIG CHILL
Thanks for the plug Dustin>>>>> 26 more Days....
Old 09-08-2014, 06:53 PM
Tech Adept

I can't make Wednesday anymore scheduled some later interviews but Thursday would be a maybe for me.

Greg
Old 09-09-2014, 06:18 AM
Tech Adept

So when and where is the meeting???
Old 09-09-2014, 02:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Meeting Update!

Meeting will be held at my house on Thursday at 7:00 pm!

Feel free to come by at 6 for a BBQ if you want. Bring your own meat/food/beer, the BBQ will be hot.

For the address please contact me on here or via text.

Luke
Old 09-09-2014, 05:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey guys. With the upcoming meeting it would be a good idea for everyone to start thinking about what they would like to see happen in kelowna this season. Let's just assume racing is happening. The questions you need to answer are

1-how many/what classes will you be running?
2-how many races would you be able to commit to?
3-how much money are you willing to spend per race?
4-do you want to have practice nights before race day?
5-will you be able to help set up and tear down each race?
6-should I buy Luke's WGT?

There are no right or wrong answers to these questions but be realalistic. Also if you can't make the meeting post here or send me a pm with your thoughts and I will get them to the right people.
Old 09-09-2014, 06:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Hey guys. With the upcoming meeting it would be a good idea for everyone to start thinking about what they would like to see happen in kelowna this season. Let's just assume racing is happening. The questions you need to answer are

1-how many/what classes will you be running?TC STOCK 12TH SCALE STOCK/MOD
2-how many races would you be able to commit to?ALL
3-how much money are you willing to spend per race?REALLY NEED TO FIGURE OUT THE COSTS TO RUN THE SEASON FIRST, ALSO ON HOW THE CLUB IS STRUCTURED
4-do you want to have practice nights before race day?YES
5-will you be able to help set up and tear down each race?YES
6-should I buy Luke's WGT?NO, GET A 12TH SCALE

There are no right or wrong answers to these questions but be realalistic. Also if you can't make the meeting post here or send me a pm with your thoughts and I will get them to the right people.
To expand, as to classes, we should stick to the established classes as per the WCICS series, but try to considerate on a few core classes, last year TC stock, CTA, and 12th scale did well, we should promote these classes here. But that being said, if there are enough cars in a class to form a heat, then it runs.

As to the costs, that is something we will have to discuss at this meeting or another one. As there are a few unknown variables at this time, once we work out some of that, and get some firm numbers of participants, then fees and memberships can be determined. To this end, the more people that come out to the meeting, the better it will be.

Seriously, get a 12th scale, much more fun!!(plus, there may not be enough cars to run WGT, i sold mine, running 12 mod at wcics this year)

See you all on Thursday

Last edited by SLOWINSLOWOUT; 09-09-2014 at 07:25 PM.
Old 09-09-2014, 07:03 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by SLOWINSLOWOUT
To expand, as to classes, we should stick to the established classes as per the WCICS series, but try to considerate on a few core classes, last year TC stock, CTA, and 12th scale did well, we should promote these classes here. But that being said, if there are enough cars in a class to form a heat, then it runs.

As to the costs, that is something we will have to discuss at this meeting or another one. As there are a few unknown variables at this time, once we work out some of that, and get some firm numbers of participants, then fees and memberships can be determined. To this end, the more people that come out to the meeting, the better it will be.

Seriously, get a 12th scale, much more fun!!(plus, there may not be enough cars to run WGT, i sold mine, running 12 mod at wcics this year)

See you all on Thursday
Ditto^^^^
Old 09-09-2014, 08:43 PM
Tech Regular

1-how many/what classes will you be running?
2-how many races would you be able to commit to?
3-how much money are you willing to spend per race?
4-do you want to have practice nights before race day?
5-will you be able to help set up and tear down each race?
6-should I buy Luke's WGT?

1- F1/12th/TC
2-One per month, maybe get other clubs to come
3-$25 with some going to the road rails
4-yes, practice would help my driving
5-not with set up, I work on Saturday
6-yes, and a12th too!!
Old 09-12-2014, 12:39 PM
Tech Regular

Any updates on this?
Terry

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.