Wiki Posts
Search

03 Western Canadian Off Road Championships

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2003, 08:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I can't see why the pan chassis would not be allowed. In T-maxx unlimited class just about anything goes.
Old 01-11-2003, 08:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

safaridog:

So how many different T Maxx classes are needed to keep everybody happy?

Old 01-11-2003, 09:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Rule book

Ok - rule book is done (first draft - yea!)

Skully - I need rules for Monster Truck ... lengths, widths, engine displacement etc. Will there be 2 classes? Do you know this stuff? Are there any published rules for this class??

I'll post the rule book draft to the Nascar website tomorrow AM and put a link here so you guys can give some feedback
Old 01-11-2003, 10:05 PM
Tech Adept

Chris, 7.5man,

I'll have to look into that for you. If anybody else knows, please inform us.

I'm sure we'll have to set some sort of guidelines/specs regarding this class to keep it fair for all. The T-maxx is one of the hottest selling R/Cs the market today and I would like to find some way bring the number of racers up. I have a feeling guys running the stock trucks are perhaps intimadated by the .21s. But with the release of the new updated T, from what I've heard, things have evened out.

I guess we should look into this more. There is alot of new stuff coming out. 2 classes; I have kinda mixed feelings on this. Maybe look at running a novice class (10-15 main) and a pro class (regular length main, any chassis/engine etc, but must maintain somewhat stock suspension arm config??? no truggys)
But on the down side to that, does it make for a longer day time wise, do we give out another trophy??? etc...

I'll look into this some more, hopefully get some input from others here.
Old 01-12-2003, 12:18 PM
Tech Master

Default T Maxx/ Monster Truck Classes!

Well, after having checked around on the net a bit it seems that the best would be to have a small block (.15's) and a big block (.21's) class. Also, many of the small block racers race against the big blocks as well because of the potentcy of the new 2.5 maxx truck to hang in with the big block class.

This would add one more class but at least it would be somewhat fair for these racers (stock T maxxes) to do well in their engine class. As to adding extra time for races that would just have to be figured into the scope of things, after all, we are there to race.

Whats everyone else think of this?

Old 01-12-2003, 12:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Rule Book

First draft of the rule book is here...
http://24.86.93.215/NASCAR/Pages/wes...mpionships.pdf

Pleas eprovide comments/feedback and I will make changes and additions. I'd like to get the rule book finalized this week and get entry forms ready.

Cheers
Old 01-12-2003, 01:36 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

One class is missing, stock truck.
Old 01-12-2003, 01:56 PM
Tech Master

All the races (6) and classes have a top qualifying extra point, not just Kelowna. Racers are allowed to use only the TQ point from their 2 keeper races if they they TQ. (no mixing race and TQ results is allowed).

Maximum allowed points for gas classes is 202 going into the Final. The Final is also the tie breaker if a tie results.

Old 01-12-2003, 04:05 PM
Tech Master

Default Qualifying?

Do we want to let each track decide on whether its Ifmar or Heads Up for qualifying races. That would be interesting and definitely a nice change for the racers and any spectators who come out to watch.

I would also assume that there will be double bump ups in the gas classes.

Old 01-12-2003, 07:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Double bump-ups: Yes
TQ point: Yes
Stock Truck: I could be wrong but i thought we excluded it some time ago... maybe I'm wrong so I'll add it back in

Re: qualifying w/Ifmar vs heads up I say we let the Race Directors hold a vote at each event. I think Kelowna should be Ifmar.
Old 01-12-2003, 07:35 PM
Tech Regular

just read your rules chris.i like.thank you.
Old 01-12-2003, 09:29 PM
Tech Adept

Default MT class

Chris:
Give me a few days to get some specs and what not for you regarding this MT class(s). I will email them to to you ASAP.

2.5 (.15) class should be fairly straight forward and easy.

3.5 (.21) class where do we want to go with this? Anything goes with chassis/layout (ie. pan/upperdeck)and drivetrain components (ie. 1/8 diffs & single speed center diffs) ???

My personal opinion, I'll race against anything that has aftermarket components (hop-ups) that are available through sale to the public and was intended as a performance enhancement for that one vehicle (T-maxx) No buggies with monster wheels on them (truggies)

Perhaps this is too much for others and would like to see some limits. Let me know how you feel about this and we'll go from there.

Old 01-12-2003, 11:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Mod buggy and truck did not have any mention of motor limits,if there is none specify.
Old 01-13-2003, 12:24 AM
Company Representative

My Honest opinion.

If Kelowna is to have IFMAR starts, then I think all events should have it.. we should get into some sort of uniformity, so we know exactly what to expect before we get to the race.

especially since TQ is worth extra points.. we should try to make trhe start equal for each racer. instead of having it come down to the luck of the draw with a first corner pile up.

Korgae
Old 01-13-2003, 01:30 AM
Tech Regular

chris the .12 motors, they are bone stock rite.no mods what so ever,except for heads,(no turbos heads though).yes no?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.