Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Canadian R/C Scene
Grande Prairie Model Racers Association >

Grande Prairie Model Racers Association

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grande Prairie Model Racers Association

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 151 votes, 1.58 average.

Old 11-01-2008, 08:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by maniac mechanic
Brad and Jay, the link on this post still works. don't know why it didn't work on my email.
Is this only advantageous to have, if we run touring cars. If it is, it may not be worth it.
We don't have our usual space available to us at Evergreen until January. Since the renovations there, they have been using the space for Christmas parties.
But on the other hand the only way to get touring car races happening up here is if we have the gear to run it.
Guys it looks like its to late to get the carpet. The auction ended late last night.

FYI, Jaco (www.jacoracing.net) makes 1/10 truck foam tires, as well as foam touring tires that can be applied to the classes we run.
Old 11-01-2008, 09:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by maniac mechanic
Heading to the track sometime this weekend to winterize the generator.
Also going to put my GPS in my T4 and found out it's top speed. Any guess's on how fast?
40MPH?50?60???
I'm willing to guess 35mph. You'd be surprised on how easy it is to misjudge the speed of an rc.
Old 11-01-2008, 10:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Talking

LOL I don't doubt that Perry.
I'm sure all the speeds posted by the manufacturer's are close to mythological.
Still HPI said my Savage was good for 35 or 40 MPH, and this car seems faster down the back straight.
Let you guys know later today.
Traxxas says 70 MPH with their rustler VXL, 3S 8000 mah lipo and 2.45:1 pinion/spur ratio. Don't think I'm going to hit that with my 2S 6000 mah lipo and 4.14:1.

Last edited by maniac mechanic; 11-01-2008 at 11:30 AM.
Old 11-01-2008, 11:14 AM
Tech Elite

Talking

Originally Posted by T493
Guys it looks like its to late to get the carpet. The auction ended late last night.

FYI, Jaco (www.jacoracing.net) makes 1/10 truck foam tires, as well as foam touring tires that can be applied to the classes we run.
When the club is ready to get really serious about indoor racing, the right deal will come along also. There were definitely other guys looking at that carpet. It went up $50 US just before it closed at $560.We would have been well over $700 CAN to get it, probably $800. Plus paying to ship 600 lb's all the way from Toronto wouldn't be cheap.
In the meantime our carpet works fine for the classes we presently run. But if anybody finds any deals like this closer to home. Please shout it out.

Can anybody think of an easy way to cut our weeping tile in half?
Was thinking of a band saw or something.
If we could do that we could put it over our 2'by 4's for indoor racing. Same idea as the plastic rain gutter stuff I've seen pictures of other club's using, but way cheaper seeing as we already have tons of the stuff. And we can get more if we need it.
Old 11-01-2008, 01:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Everybody should get a blade MCX helicopter! The wife left me alone today so I couldn't resist trying it. (It's supposed to be a christmas gift for me). Anyway it is sooo easy to fly and it's alot of fun. Cat and dog hate it. Anyway it's put back in the box until next time she leaves me alone!
Old 11-01-2008, 03:47 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Storm92
They are both lucky the don't have to play my favorite team
Love Your Signature Shea
Old 11-01-2008, 04:53 PM
Tech Rookie

thanx
Old 11-01-2008, 05:47 PM
Tech Elite

Talking

Well the T4 posted a top speed of 80.8 kmph before it bounced off of Sheldon's leg and into a pole. Hope your leg's ok Sheldon. The T4 suffered major rearend damage,(broke the entire transmission off and lft the A arms behind), but it will live again. Looked like it was still gaining speed until I ran out of room. Might try to run it in the St Joe's parking lot next. I think it will do 90 with this gear ratio. Picked up a 26 tooth pinion afterward to try next time also.
Anyone else want to find their top speed for braggin rights let me know. My GPS is always ready.
Old 11-01-2008, 09:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Excellent speed.
I don't like the idea of the cement pieces for the rock crawling,
I Think it will be an eye sore, I think it should be a natural look (rocks)and maybe bridges or other formations but we should not make the track ugly enough with all the savages running around, a good example is the track in edmonton regardles of how good the track and facilities are is not a nice place to take friends and familly because the surroundings are ugly.We are very fortunate to have a very nice place with nice surroundings we should keep it that way and or improve it.
Old 11-01-2008, 10:11 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by correcaminos
Excellent speed.
I don't like the idea of the cement pieces for the rock crawling,
I Think it will be an eye sore, I think it should be a natural look (rocks)and maybe bridges or other formations but we should not make the track ugly enough with all the savages running around, a good example is the track in edmonton regardles of how good the track and facilities are is not a nice place to take friends and familly because the surroundings are ugly.We are very fortunate to have a very nice place with nice surroundings we should keep it that way and or improve it.
I couldn'y agree mor Rod. But still need to come up with something inexpensive.
Old 11-01-2008, 11:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well there is enough monster trucks parts laying around at the track.. axles bodys and such.. we could just make a small mound just from this years racing alone to make a decent hill.

Yes we left it up to the rock crawling guys to come up with it cause they approached us in the spring and we agreed but nothing has been done about it. So it would have to be something inexpensive, but i dont think that giving up clay would be good either since we can always use as much as we can get.

Ill see if i can get the layout of the track again if anyone is wanting to come up with a layout for the races and then we can go over the next few months on the ideas that are coming in to figure out what we want to do for the next season. We already have moving chicanes with the Losi/HPI product so dont really need many more of those.
Old 11-02-2008, 07:45 AM
Tech Elite

Talking

Hadn't considered what it would look like with broken pieces of cement. Was just thinking about how good of an obstacle they would be. One of the things I read about building a rock course is use what you have available to build an interesting course.
We need to pay extra attention to what it looks like, because I'm sure the city doesn't what us building any ugly structures on their property either.
We'll just have to grab a couple pickups one day and head down to the gravel pits and get some actual rock.
Old 11-02-2008, 09:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Yes good idea
Old 11-02-2008, 08:55 PM
Tech Elite

Talking

Well Brad and I went and audited the club's books today. No surprise Dean is doing amazing job handling our frivolous expenditures and harder yet, keeping tabs on them.
Hats off to all the hard work our Treasurerer does. Thanks Dean.

Other than that I snuck my T4 up to 82.5 km/h. Found a sweet place to run it also. Going back tomorrow with a 26/78 pinion/spur and try again. 90km/h?????
Old 11-02-2008, 09:56 PM
Tech Elite

Talking

Brad or Jay
Can you please add 2 more piece's to my order for the T4.
Associated part #'s 9600B and 9665
Thanks

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 151 votes, 1.58 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.