Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Canadian R/C Scene
Grande Prairie Model Racers Association >

Grande Prairie Model Racers Association

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grande Prairie Model Racers Association

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 151 votes, 1.58 average.

Old 10-26-2012, 07:54 PM
Tech Initiate

Great news, can't wait. Hopefully we know soon, my brother-in-law from up north will be joining us as well for the indoor season.
Old 10-27-2012, 06:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Talking

Hey Jaco.

Not sure how many Touring Cars we're going to have yet, but the more the merrier.

To everyone else.

I'm hoping to have the rules finalized in the next couple of days. I'll post them as soon as they are.

And finally we need everyone's help next Saturday to get this building ready to race in. We'll start at 10am to start cleaning up the building. It does look abandoned at the moment so it will take a bit of work to clean up before we can consider moving the track in. There will be absolutely no racing until everything is done. So the more help we have the sooner we can all start this race season.
We need brooms and brush's to clean the floor and walls in the main shop area. As well as the front end, including the washrooms ( at least they aren't outhouse's ). After that we need someone to volunteeer their trailer so we can haul the carpet and plastic from the seacan to Brandt raceway.

Also if anybody has some spare bags of pink insulation kicking around that they wouldn't mind donating to the cause, please do. We need them to get rid of the cold draft that blows in from under the big bay doors.

If we get most of this done next weekend, I see no reason why we can't start our indoor race season by November 18 at the latest.
Old 10-27-2012, 07:18 PM
Tech Elite

Talking

Last edited by maniac mechanic; 10-28-2012 at 06:23 PM. Reason: Changed my mind about selling.
Old 10-27-2012, 09:35 PM
Tech Initiate

Sorry guys, I will be out of town on Saturday, otherwise I would be there. Looking forward to a full season. Already have the slash lowered and ready for the rug!
Old 10-28-2012, 08:43 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It's going to be a great day winter season. Can't wait to see everyone on Saturday for the clean up. And I should be able to bring a car hauler trailer which should work for the stands and steps.
Old 10-29-2012, 07:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Howdy folks. Many of you new ones likely won't know who I am... :-) I'm a former President of the GPMRA and one of the original board members. I've been chatting with our new President, Greg Henry. Since I was the one who put together our first real website and have designed our logos since the beginning of GPMRA time, he asked me to make some changes, as per the new board of director's requests, and I also took the time to put together a new website using the original domain, GPMRA.net.

http://www.gpmra.net/index.html

I am happy to assist you guys in any way that you may need, so feel free to contact me any time. My email is [email protected]

Please check out the website and let me know if you all like it. If not, that's cool too :-) I would be happy to work on it for you, or if you wish, I could turn over the administration of the domain to the new board and you guys can work on it.

Cheers!
Old 11-02-2012, 08:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Thumbs up indoor

congrats on getting the old brandt building maybe i can get the xray ready and see if i can maybe make a race or two this winter lol
Old 11-02-2012, 08:14 PM
Tech Elite

Talking

Originally Posted by dezracing
congrats on getting the old brandt building maybe i can get the xray ready and see if i can maybe make a race or two this winter lol
What is this maybe make a race or two attitude anyway?

You travel back and forth to Edmonton most of the summer to let some chick spend most of your hard earned dough. Completely igoring your true passion of racing miniature race cars around a dusty track, smelling of nitro fumes and old fat guy sweat. ( I mean that last comment in the nicest way possible Randy) Nevermind ignoring the fellow member's of your amazing club.

And now you say that you might make a race or two.
My feeling is hurt.

p.s. See you at the track.
Old 11-03-2012, 09:31 PM
Tech Elite

Talking

Thanks to everybody who came out to help today.

I want to announce that our first timed practice will be next Sunday the 11th at noon. Our first official raceday of the 2012/13 indoor season will be Sunday the 18th. Registration opens at 10am and closes at 10:55am. Racing starts at 11am sharp. Classes and rules will be posted on RCTech, Facebook and www.gpmra.com and/or .net this week.

But before we can have that we need to finish building the track. So next Saturday will be our next workbee at 11am.

Everyone who is involved in a workbee will recieve one free raceday when you purchase a club membership. The more workbee's you get involved in, the more free passes you get.
Old 11-03-2012, 11:40 PM
Tech Regular

Hey guys long time no talk, just thought i'd let you know that i have a tamiya Ta-05 touring car roller. From what i've read its a pretty bulletproof car, and would be great to get started into the touring class.

Pm me if any of you are interested.
Old 11-04-2012, 02:33 PM
Tech Elite

I stopped by last night and everyones vehicles were there, the doors were locked, and no one was to be seen anywhere I could see in.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:03 AM
Tech Adept

Sorry Jason. We were upstairs having a meeting. We will be back there this Saturday and hopefully racing on Sunday if we get finished setting everything up.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:32 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by twodogs181
Sorry guys, I will be out of town on Saturday, otherwise I would be there. Looking forward to a full season. Already have the slash lowered and ready for the rug!
Looks like I can make it this weekend!!!! What do we need in the way of tools/brooms etc?

Darryl
Old 11-08-2012, 08:23 PM
Tech Elite

Talking

At this point we probably don't need much more than a couple of cordless drills with screwdriver bits to assemble the track itself.

We'll also need some bathroom cleaning supplies.

Fortunately the printer called and said the new membership's are ready. Look for them at Extreme R/C and Brandt Raceway as soon as i can get them there.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:24 AM
Tech Adept

Racing starts next weekend make sure you all come out for some fun and it appears that the monster trucks have started to come out in force. Try and bring out your friends and family as well because the rental trucks will be available.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 151 votes, 1.58 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.