Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Canadian R/C Scene
OGR 2012-2013 Winter Season Schedule >

OGR 2012-2013 Winter Season Schedule

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OGR 2012-2013 Winter Season Schedule

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 09-26-2012, 09:30 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fasteddie d
My mistake . I meant to say 10.5 .
I wanted to run the other 1/12th wcics class . Is it boosted or blinky 10.5 ?
the two wcics 12th scale classes are:

17.5 boosted
10.5 Boosted

It's going to be faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaast.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fasteddie d
My mistake . I meant to say 10.5 .
I wanted to run the other 1/12th wcics class . Is it boosted or blinky 10.5 ?
The two WCICS 12th Scale classes are 17.5 Boosted and 10.5 Boosted. For the size of the OGR track in the Richmond church, 10.5 Boosted would seem to be the best choice.

A bunch of us in Victoria are going to run 10.5 Boosted when we have extra time on our club race nights. We had TOO much fun running it at the WCICS events last winter!

Blake
Old 09-26-2012, 09:31 PM
Tech Master

Ah, Korgae beat me to it!

Blake
Old 09-26-2012, 09:53 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

10.5t 1/12th will be a blast. Already got my LRP X20 from Race Tech Hobbies
Old 09-26-2012, 11:44 PM
Tech Addict

Cool HELP!!!!!! NEEDED!!!!!!!!

Ok first things first....Big chill at the hobby show....No

We are going to look for an alternate venue and Track Transportation at a reasonable price, no guarantes. I have a couple ideas i can check on but If anyone can help it would be appreciated. The Window that we have placed are the weekend of November 16 anywhere through to the December 8 weekend. I`m waiting on confirmation from Karz Calgary on their race date. That weekend will be eliminated from the possibility. Also the OGR crew isn`t available for a Friday afternoon set up, I`ve been off work way to long this summer to get any Leeway for R/C. Therefore setup wouldnt be until Friday night ??? depending on the venue. Also we`ve seen the Victoria group step up and the racers have asked their Employers to support their racers. I`d like to ask the same. If you are a racer in the Lower Mainland can you ask your employer if they are willing to support this race in any way.
If you have any leads on a suitable venue, email me. I`d appreciate if you could get if the venue is available and a price if possibe. Don`t just send an email that says we should have it here....i don`t have alot of time during the day to call and do all the legwork.. but I can do some follow up work.

[email protected]

The Chill isn`t Dead...but it is on Life Support....We need some help, and i am asking for it.

Ryan `Tiny` Welch
Old 09-28-2012, 10:14 AM
Tech Adept

Can we have the race at the Church? I understand we cannot do a 2 day race at the Church, but can we start early Sat morning and finish late Sat night. Try to squeeze 4 quali and the main in about 15 hours? Like start 1st quali at 9am sharp and finish main by 11 or 12 ish sat night? Would this be possible??
Old 09-28-2012, 10:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trying to save the race is great, BUT, remember its suppose to be a WCICs series race, so some of us have one heck of a drive to be able to compete, so we need a little more than a 24 hour lead time to be able to do this. JMO
Old 09-28-2012, 07:59 PM
Tech Addict

You would definatly have more than 24 hrs notice for this race if it happens. As for running at the church, ummmm. To be fair to travelers we cant go with that idea. I don`t even want to attempt to run everything in 1 day. We have got a maybe from the church for Sunday but no access until after 1PM. Which wouldn`t be fair to anyone that travels to the race, it wouldnt finish till 9 or 10 at night then everyone has to travel home...Ok for locals but this is a series race, we would expect travelers.
Old 10-01-2012, 03:59 PM
Tech Rookie

hey guys
sorry to hear about the problems with the big chill,that was the premier indoor race for the lower mainland!!! and a heck of a start to carpet season.That being said, i`ll be glad
to get back to the church and do some racing. VTA i know theres interest in the class,there is 3 or 4 guys planning on running this year that i know of buying bodies &tires from race tech hobbies,so im hoping there will be a good turnout,wanna try it myself
Old 10-01-2012, 04:21 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default tire question ..

so i just ordered a set of GQ TC tires Red/Tan for my TB-03 .. will these be alright for OGR, just regular runs .. or is every weekend competitive racing .. i'm new to this and don't want to be getting in peoples way if they are competing for driver championships ...
Old 10-01-2012, 05:28 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by NewWestF1
so i just ordered a set of GQ TC tires Red/Tan for my TB-03 .. will these be alright for OGR, just regular runs .. or is every weekend competitive racing .. i'm new to this and don't want to be getting in peoples way if they are competing for driver championships ...
I'm not sure if those tires are allowed but I thought we all had to use Jaco Blue tires. I got mine from Golden Horizon and they still had a few left a few weeks ago when I was there.

I just finished assembling my car and I was wondering can any body be used for touring 17.5 or does it have to be one of those Proline Mazda 6 bodies I see lots of people using? I'm just asking because I have an old Mazda RX-8 that I can use.

Last edited by jdawg81; 10-01-2012 at 06:48 PM.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:20 PM
Tech Adept

all i seem to be able to find anywhere is Jaco blue rubbers .... no foams. not online and not a lot of time to actually go to stores or anywhere during the week ..
Old 10-01-2012, 09:28 PM
Tech Adept

If you're running in GT class(realistic body) it's silver can mabuchi/Johnson and open rubber
If touring stock17.5 then it's jaco blues and bodies are open in touring but it's to your advantage you run a true touring body cuz they work better

New racers are always welcome and if you don't comply with anything it's usually expected you will still race with what you have then try to meet our rules as best you can
Old 10-01-2012, 09:51 PM
Tech Adept

thanks for that. i'm new, first car this summer new. FGX F1 and my TC is TB-03 Impul Calsonic with a reventon s/ 17.5 ultra sportman v.3 .. picked up the GQ red/tans and HPI rubber ..

i'm happy to have a place i can learn how to race .

Originally Posted by TommyAfrica
If you're running in GT class(realistic body) it's silver can mabuchi/Johnson and open rubber
If touring stock17.5 then it's jaco blues and bodies are open in touring but it's to your advantage you run a true touring body cuz they work better

New racers are always welcome and if you don't comply with anything it's usually expected you will still race with what you have then try to meet our rules as best you can
Old 10-01-2012, 09:55 PM
Tech Adept

what is the Shore rating of the Jaco Blue foams? to be fair i can always try to match the hardness/softness with another brand ..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.