Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Canadian R/C Scene
OGR 2012-2013 Winter Season Schedule >

OGR 2012-2013 Winter Season Schedule

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OGR 2012-2013 Winter Season Schedule

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 10-26-2012, 04:43 PM
Tech Initiate

Default New guy

Hi there new guy here,i was hoping to join you guys tomorrow but i haven't had a chance to get a transponder: am i still welcome?? I can try to pick one up tomorrow if there available......Mark
Old 10-26-2012, 05:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yes Mark just come out and join us, a transponder is nice but not necessary for club racing. i just lets you know how much you improve race to race. And Come on out Taco the CTA/VTA/GT class is one of the most popular. Class rules are at the start of the thread.
Old 10-26-2012, 07:31 PM
Tech Initiate

Ok cool, looking forward to it!!
Old 10-27-2012, 05:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Thats great to see you have an active 1/12 mod class. It was the premier class back in the day, the best drivers were usually in it.
Up here we have no 1/12 and some of the top drivers racing mini.
It just seems out of place.....IMO.
I think its THE class for anyone who wants to hone their skills, and see personal improvement in others, including offroad!

BC
Old 10-27-2012, 10:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Another great weekend of fun. Are we running next weekend ? It so "right on". Also it shows racing on the speed weekend in Victoria .
If this subject has been brought up sorry about that .
Old 10-27-2012, 10:24 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by fasteddie d
Another great weekend of fun. Are we running next weekend ? It so "right on". Also it shows racing on the speed weekend in Victoria .
If this subject has been brought up sorry about that .
There's a club race Nov3 but no race jan 4 weekend
Most guys are going Victoria
Old 10-28-2012, 12:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TommyAfrica
There's a club race Nov3 but no race jan 4 weekend
Most guys are going Victoria
The club race schedule has been updated with the change.
Old 10-28-2012, 05:55 PM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up 2nd race

Good times this weekend. Another good fun race day. 12 th scale open...was crazy fast.. you guys need to settle down a bit. best crash I seen was on the straight when Crazy Mike with that balastic speed caught some air time...it just lifted off as it had wings haa.haa.

Mod touring, heem we had the class but at the end no mains as most left at the end of the day. but the remainders had to go into stock touring and start from the bottom of the B main. Keith did a good job getting himself bumped up to finish in the A main first place through all of the traffic.

Minis, another great fun class. Saw alot of banging and bumpin...that's all the fun of it.

Speaking of bumping and bangin....it's all abt LIMA.!!!...LMAO. it's all fun buddy. Great to see everyone were having a blast.

It's also good to see new racers at the track, hope to see you all again next club race.

Attached are the results for your reading pleasure.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
R4_Race_03_FF03_A-Main.pdf (32.7 KB, 62 views)
Old 10-28-2012, 06:03 PM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up CRC Track Funds.

Here's an update where we are at with the collections towards the new track.
It's trending to the right directions.
Attached Files
Track Donation.pdf (14.3 KB, 94 views)
Old 10-28-2012, 09:44 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey all. Glad to hear it was such a good time this weekend. Wasn't able to get out with in-laws in town but will for sure make an appearance next week. Still waiting on speedo delivery for F1 and got a soldering iron to fix the mess I made from dad-in-law.
Got a decent list together but im pretty sure there are about 15 names missing from the other night. Keep email addys coming.

Have a great week.
Old 10-29-2012, 12:35 AM

Too bad I had to leave early, I would love to get into the racing actions.

I am new to onroad racing, and I have a question for the 1/12 guys.

I saw you apply some liquid things on the foam tires, what is it? and which ones should I get?
Old 10-29-2012, 09:17 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by oosh123
Too bad I had to leave early, I would love to get into the racing actions.

I am new to onroad racing, and I have a question for the 1/12 guys.

I saw you apply some liquid things on the foam tires, what is it? and which ones should I get?
Hi oosh123, the liquid is called traction compound. It actually softens the foam tires and create tractions on the carpet. Most racers uses Jack the ripper from Corally or SXT 3.0 from www.tractioncompound.com. These compound are ordorless and clear.

Generally the racers apply the compound on the race before they are up and dry off the tires with a towel before heading on the track.

Most of the hobby shop should be able to get them for you or instock. Give them a call and see what they have in stock. Hope this helps.
Old 10-29-2012, 09:23 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by NewWestF1
Hey all. Glad to hear it was such a good time this weekend. Wasn't able to get out with in-laws in town but will for sure make an appearance next week. Still waiting on speedo delivery for F1 and got a soldering iron to fix the mess I made from dad-in-law.
Got a decent list together but im pretty sure there are about 15 names missing from the other night. Keep email addys coming.

Have a great week.
Yeah, family first before play. haa.haa. It was great weekend but we need more F1 showings...lol. Walter finally getting the hang of his F1. Good to see you figured out the soldering issues. Remember we are here to help too. Sorry to see that your speedo is not here yet.... slow mail... hope it gets here for this weekend. Have a great week too.
Old 10-29-2012, 03:48 PM
Tech Regular

What kind of FDR and motor timing are you guys running for 21.5 ff03 class? Loose or tight ball diff? Any stabilizers? Trying to setup my ff03 as soon as possible.
Thanks
Old 10-29-2012, 04:03 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by nolo148
What kind of FDR and motor timing are you guys running for 21.5 ff03 class? Loose or tight ball diff? Any stabilizers? Trying to setup my ff03 as soon as possible.
Thanks
Oh we got another driver!
Chris or Tad (rufslider) like to chime in

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.