Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Canadian R/C Scene
K.R.C.R. Kawartha Radio Controlled Racers >

K.R.C.R. Kawartha Radio Controlled Racers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

K.R.C.R. Kawartha Radio Controlled Racers

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average.

Old 12-24-2010, 04:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Chris @ Lakefield Hobby & Games is going to host the K.R.C.R. website for us. It's going to be an general information page for the club with links to the forum etc.

It looks as though we might have a very private and unique place for our on-road program, Nitro TC as well. I will divulge more information when I know if it's a sure thing.

When I know forsure that we have a place to race, I will order the T:MER lap timing system. If anyone has an old laptop they can donate to run the software that would be awesome.

More news in 2011
Old 12-24-2010, 05:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

Chris is a really great guy! I buy everything from him.

I just saw his new site, it looks great!

Will it be a page on his website? Or a separate site on his server? If its a separate site, if you need I can help with any of that stuff, I can have Adobe Dreamweaver put on my computer no problem. Only if you need the help, i don't want to get in the way of anything. The Adobe Master collection truly is a miracle.

Last edited by energyrc; 12-24-2010 at 06:11 PM.
Old 12-25-2010, 08:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

It will be a separate page with a link on his home page. If you want to start designing it Energy that would be great. It's just going to be a simple information page about the club, I will get the info outline to you in about a week. Merry Christmas
Old 12-25-2010, 09:28 AM
Tech Apprentice

I can definitely design something if needed. If its just a single page, there isn't too much to do. In that case one could probably use a simple program like notepad to write the minimal HTML that a single page requires.

So to be clear, you're not planing to have internal site pages? (links to pages with in the site, ie. Index/home page, news, contact info...)

Great news about the possible race location!
Old 12-26-2010, 12:22 PM
Tech Initiate

Jeesh this is looking like a time to get the buggy and an on road car. Looking very promising Mark!
Old 12-28-2010, 08:32 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by energyrc
I was looking at a the sprint 2 flux. Seems like a decent set up. especially for indoor. Outdoor maybe not as much.
^Is that you, George? raced my Sprint 2 last summer at FastCats, and it is by far my favorite on road car I've owned/raced. Personally, I like it quite a bit more than the Xray T2 and Tamiya TA-05 I have raced. I raced it in our GT2 class, (21.5, rubber tc) and did not have a single issue all year. Here's a video of me racing it at FastCats in September:
The blue & white w/black stripes is my Sprint2
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

It's very low maintenance, and handles very well. I don't think I did much more than brush the rubber dust off of my car between heats, and charge the battery! I bought a 17.5 for it, and am going to try running it at St.Catherine's in their 17.5 rubber class over the winter.
Tim.
Old 12-28-2010, 12:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

Good to know, I already bought the car i will race, but looks good!

No I'm not George.
Old 12-28-2010, 01:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Idea

What do you need to do to get a club forum on this site?

I see there are 4 or 5 clubs that have there own mini forums on here.

I'm not trying to run the show, as it is fully Brodieman's project, just a suggestion.

It would be way way better for organizing info.

Something to ask about.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/#club-forums
Old 12-28-2010, 08:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Our thread is in the appropriate place.

Sprint2 is a very durable car, I race with some guys that beat the crap out of them and they hold up amazingly well.

Anyways,

Got another awesome email about a possible Off-Road venue Will keep you updated.
Old 12-29-2010, 05:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by BrodieMan
Our thread is in the appropriate place......
Alright... It wasn't really talking about the location of the thread, but rather about a whole separate forum so that information and race dates could be organized and easily viewable, but your call.

I'm going to be pretty busy in the months coming and I don't think that theres a point to me being on the thread, so good luck with this and hopefully we will be racing soon enough!
Old 12-29-2010, 08:19 AM
Tech Initiate

Hey Brodieman nice to see any positive's about the off road track and on road options you are looking into. All your efforts are very much appreciated from me and I am certain others as well.

I like your thoughts on the UK style tracks - checking them on youtube yesterday and on Oople and they all look pretty trick.

Nic
Guy from the East City
Old 01-07-2011, 05:30 AM
Tech Initiate

Any updates?
Old 01-09-2011, 08:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Updates

Got over the flu only took two weeks.

Spoke with someone about an off-road track for the summer. He's in the process of buying a farm on the outskirts of Peterborough so if the deal goes through than we will have an off-road track to use for club races Might be an electric only track??? Should know more in a few weeks.

Still waiting to meet with some people and take a look at the on-road venue we might be able to use this summer. I can't wait as it's such an awesome facility so keep your fingers crossed.

If we end up having an on-road and off-road program than I was thinking that an alternating weekend race day and a weekday practice day would work well as everyone will have a chance to get some laps in on both tracks.
For example
Tuesday: on-road Practice
Saturday: off-road Race
following week
Tuesday: off-road Practice
Saturday: on-road Race
Old 01-09-2011, 09:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Race Day Format

This is the race format I think works best.
Ex.

0900 - 1000 Track setup/registration
1000 - 1130 Controlled Practice/registration (10 minutes per class)
1130 - 1145 Drivers Meeting
1145 - 1200 Track prep
1200ish - 1400ish Qualifying (Three 5 minute heats per class)
1400ish - ?? Mains (Three 8 minute heats per class)

Drivers of a race/practice marshall the next race/practice
Qualifying will be staggered start. Best 3 laps of each heat added together to determine pole for Mains.
Mains points as of ROAR rules.

something like that at least.
Old 01-10-2011, 07:21 AM
Tech Initiate

Looking very promising.

I like the idea about the weekly practice/race format.

Even with all things being "tentative" what has been thrown out on the table so far is great.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.