Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree21Likes

Thompson Valley RC'ers

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 4.41 average.

Old 11-14-2017, 09:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default 1/12 Scale foam tires and TC rubber tires??

Michael and I decided to race 1/12 scale this year and we have one car running, other still needs to be built and I am looking for some guidance on which tires to use for our new carpet. We have a few used sets (purple stripe) which we are using up, but will eventually need to buy new ones. I would like to start with some "budget" tires to learn on, both driving and turning on our Hudy tire lathe. I understand the "shore" rating but don't know what would be suitable for the black carpet. Is there a more forgiving "training" tire? something we could use and abuse and not break the bank?

Second, I was advised this past weekend that my TC car had "outdated" tires on it, not knowing what is current and correct for this class, and now for the black carpet, some input on what TC rubber tires we should buy when replacement time comes would be appreciated. We have a mix of several year old 28 and 32 types...not sure the difference.

Look forward to some assistance please and thanks.

Cheers
Old 11-14-2017, 02:17 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by kilohertz
Michael and I decided to race 1/12 scale this year and we have one car running, other still needs to be built and I am looking for some guidance on which tires to use for our new carpet. We have a few used sets (purple stripe) which we are using up, but will eventually need to buy new ones. I would like to start with some "budget" tires to learn on, both driving and turning on our Hudy tire lathe. I understand the "shore" rating but don't know what would be suitable for the black carpet. Is there a more forgiving "training" tire? something we could use and abuse and not break the bank?

Second, I was advised this past weekend that my TC car had "outdated" tires on it, not knowing what is current and correct for this class, and now for the black carpet, some input on what TC rubber tires we should buy when replacement time comes would be appreciated. We have a mix of several year old 28 and 32 types...not sure the difference.

Look forward to some assistance please and thanks.

Cheers
Glad to hear that there two new 1/12th devotees in Kamloops! Tires....yes they are going to be a spendy proposition with two full-time racers in the house. We in Kelowna feel that there may be a reasonable solution for 1/12th, there are some JFT Spec Tires that are available to RC Clubs at a reduced cost, KRCC has decided to try these. I would discuss this with the Club Prez & see what he thinks.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...&theater&ifg=1

TC tires should be a 32 shore as dictated by the class rules within the Club, and are best suited to the Black Carpet for now. There is nothing wrong with using old tires, and I have heard that they may be better to use on the new Black Carpet. I too have been using many years old TC tires this season, mostly because Im cheap....they are working just fine with some glue on the fronts.

Welcome to the insanity, Terry
Old 11-14-2017, 07:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

hey Paul, like Terry said, for 12th, I'm doing a group buy on tires at the moment, PM me. For TC, Sweep now has a QTS32BK which is a tire for the black carpet. This is also the spec tire you will get at the WCICS races, reported to work very well, and not needing nearly as much gluing. Tires tend to last a bit longer on the black carpet as well, both foam and rubber.
Old 11-15-2017, 09:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks Terry and Earl,

What shore (colour stripe) will the JFT foams be, or are there several to choose from? What's recommended?

Thanks
Old 11-15-2017, 09:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

The spec's are Lilac, 35shore I believe. (with foam, shore or hardness is only part of it, the rubber content is another big factor on how the tire will perform)
Old 11-15-2017, 10:33 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by SLOWINSLOWOUT
The spec's are Lilac, 35shore I believe. (with foam, shore or hardness is only part of it, the rubber content is another big factor on how the tire will perform)
Hey Earl, a guy named Johnny Carey mentioned on the FB post that the JFT specs are A38’s and are close to natural rubber. And Lilacs are a 38 shore natural rubber.
So I’m assuming that they will perform much like the Lilac Specs.
Old 11-16-2017, 07:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by durtbag
Hey Earl, a guy named Johnny Carey mentioned on the FB post that the JFT specs are A38’s and are close to natural rubber. And Lilacs are a 38 shore natural rubber.
So I’m assuming that they will perform much like the Lilac Specs.
The club spec tires I am getting are not the same as the JFT spec's you can buy from retail stores, the 'Club Spec's' are on yellow JFT wheels, are mounted with Lilac foam, and are only available from clubs, so I am not sure if they are A38 foam, but should be similar. Not only are these tires a really good deal, but part of the sale goes towards helping the club. So win/win.
Old 11-16-2017, 07:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for your efforts Earl, much appreciated. Will this be a one time offer or will you be able to place an order every 2 or 3 months? Just need to know if we should stock up for the whole season.

Cheers
Old 11-16-2017, 07:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by kilohertz
Thanks for your efforts Earl, much appreciated. Will this be a one time offer or will you be able to place an order every 2 or 3 months? Just need to know if we should stock up for the whole season.

Cheers
I can order as needed, but would prefer to make the orders worth the shipping.
Old 11-21-2017, 09:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Thumbs up Sunday's Results

Great Day yesterday! Largest turn out of the season with many out of towners! Thanks everyone for makin it out! Welcome to some of the newcomers who have recently decided to officially join our club and will now be in the points running for our winter series.

On with the results......

Note: TC Stock A Main final Top Finishing order due to missed lap.
1st Brent Wende
2nd Earl Towson
3rd Dustin Quanstrom
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
R4_Race_01_RCar_A-Main.pdf (27.3 KB, 60 views)
File Type: pdf
R4_Race_05_Mini_A-Main.pdf (31.4 KB, 50 views)
Old 11-21-2017, 09:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Thumbs up Results Cont.

And the rest......

Please note that the "2WD Carpet Off Road" is in fact the Euro Truck Class.

Next weekend: WCICS Kelowna Hope to see you there!
Attached Files
Old 11-27-2017, 04:57 PM
Tech Master

Default TVRCRC "demo" cars

As many of you know, "Interior RC" (these days just Giuseppe and me) have had two "RCars" available to aspiring racers who want to try our sport. The cars are Team Associated TC4 Club Racers set up to "RCar" specs.

More often than not there has been no-one taking us up on these at race meets. On several occasions people have reserved them for a race meet, and then not shown up on race day. It's time to downsize the fleet.

We will be selling off one of these vehicles complete and ready to race at the next event. It will have a new bodyshell, and all electronics including a radio system. All anyone would need would be a battery charger. If anyone is interested in the car, please text me at 250-571-0276

We will continue to have one vehicle available as a demo.

Ren.
Giuseppe likes this.
Old 12-02-2017, 07:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

Anyone going to Kelowna this Sunday the 3rd that could bring back some tires from Earl for me?

Pls and Thx

Cheers
Old 12-08-2017, 09:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

Are you guys racing this weekend?
Old 12-08-2017, 09:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

Yes, doors open 8:30 AM Sunday.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 4.41 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.